PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Buzz
10-13-2010, 01:15 AM
I think the Event would be not so bad if only they could stop the time shifting thingy. It is rrrrreally getting on my nerves. I switched the channel to the BBC every time the show went back in time. LOL

rfisher
10-13-2010, 01:51 AM
The time shift doesn't bother me on the Event. It's like getting a character's POV in a novel.

venja
10-14-2010, 11:09 PM
How's everyone doing with the new fall season shows? There hasn't been an outstanding show worth calling a favourite yet (Raising Hope is growing on me). Shows that originally caught my attention such as Undercovers, The Event, Hawaii Five-O or the Defenders are hanging on by a thread.

Buzz
10-14-2010, 11:24 PM
I LOVE Hawaii 5-0 and think it has staying power with Blue Bloods not far behind. (or at least that is my hope! ) However, I am not quite so sure about Undercovers, The Defenders, Law and Order LA, Outsourced, , but will give them all a chance. The Event will not last at all. I have see too many of these things come and go the last few years to believe it will stick around. Plus it is an annoying show. I wanted to like Chase and still do like the premise but tired of the stereotypical skinny blond female leading character with daddy issues. Detroit 1-8-7 is ok but not my cup of tea. As far as I am concerned there is already one House on tv and I do not need another. The shows I did not mention; I did not watch at all. And that is just my 2 cents on the new shows. :shuffle:

Theatregirl1122
10-15-2010, 04:12 AM
The only new show I'm watching is Raising Hope. I didn't have time for anything else. But I am really liking that one.

HeatherC
10-15-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm loving Hawaii-Five-0 but I haven't really gotten attached to any other new shows. I'm still watching The Event but I'm on the fence about it right now. I'll keep watching it because it's my bridge from Chuck to Hawaii-Five-0 but it's not keeping my attention very well anymore. They have to start answering a few questions here and there or else they might lose my interest all together. I like the idea of it but give me something please! :eek: I don't really watch any other new shows but my current fave shows are all going well so far (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Chuck, Glee). I'm looking forward to V coming back in November and I wish they'd announce a premiere date for that one. :)

PeterG
10-15-2010, 07:10 PM
How's everyone doing with the new fall season shows?

My favourite new show is "If You Really Knew Me" which is an MTV show about Challenge Day (where high school students do a day-long program that breaks downs walls and encourages connection between the students). I love it!

As for scripted shows, I like Nikita, The Event and Outsourced. I watched over 10 new shows...these are the four that I will keep watching.

ETA: "School Pride" debuts tonight at 8pm on NBC. It's the reality show in the vein of Extreme Home Makeover where a team goes into needy public schools and, well...makes it over! :)

Garden Kitty
10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
My favorite new show is Better with You (I think that is its name) - the half hour show between The Middle and Modern Family. The episode with the family Christmas card made me laugh out loud.

I've watched a few Hawaii 5-0 and it's staying in my tivo list for now. I think I've given up on No Ordinary Family and Detroit 1-8-7.

AliasJohnDoe
10-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm looking forward to V coming back in November and I wish they'd announce a premiere date for that one. :)

The return of "V": http://www.thehdroom.com/news/ABC-Moves-V-Season-2-Premiere-to-January/7584

Tuesday, January 4th at 9PM. :cheer2:

Beefcake
10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
The second episode of Outsourced was funnier than the pilot. Finally a comedy that might become part of my regular viewing! :D
I'm on board, too! Outsourced makes me giggle, and I hope that it can build on its so-so (but not bad) ratings. Rappaport and Rebecca Hazelwood (Asha) have mad chemistry, and I like that they are obviously being pushed toward star-crossed coupledom.

Hopefully the show will make it far enough to pursue this relationship (it's on a half-season run). And ... hopefully the :lynch: saying that this is racist and insensitive will calm down and get over themselves. Hello, self-righteous azzholes -- this show is lovingly done, and is giving we viewers some actual real-life insight into a very under-represented-on-US-TV segment.

Of course there are stereotypes -- that's what sitcoms do! But the joke is generally on Americans ... i.e. the ones who are buying the fake vomit and singing breasts that this crew are selling.

HeatherC
10-16-2010, 06:51 AM
The return of "V": http://www.thehdroom.com/news/ABC-Moves-V-Season-2-Premiere-to-January/7584

I was just coming to post that news! I hate having to wait a little longer than they were originally talking about for it but I do appreciate that the show won't be broken up like it was last season. That was really annoying but hopefully they run it straight through this time. Yay for V!! :cheer:

KikiSashaFan
10-16-2010, 03:28 PM
My favorite new show is Better with You (I think that is its name) - the half hour show between The Middle and Modern Family. The episode with the family Christmas card made me laugh out loud.

It's my favorite of the new shows too.

PeterG
10-16-2010, 09:41 PM

I saw Morena Baccarin (Anna) at an outdoor event here in Vancouver a few months ago. She is GORGEOUS (has very lovely facial features up close) and seemed tiny! imdb.com says she is 5'7 1/2", but I wonder if all actors add an inch or two to their height... She seemed very sweet, too. Anna is such a larger than life person/alien (!) - it was cool to see sweet woman behind such a cold character!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
10-16-2010, 10:28 PM
I watched an eppie of Hellcats last week, and I will definitely be watching this week.

I haven't picked up any other new shows though.

genevieve
10-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Is The Middle a new show? or from last year? I saw an episode for the first time on the plane yesterday and it was great. I don't even know what channel or night it's on.