PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

VIETgrlTerifa
09-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Judging from the bad reviews, I am not surprised at all. Never even saw a minute of that one.

I thought Lone Star got great reviews.

genevieve
09-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Wow, how many eps did they give it? 1? 2?

ETA: I thought it got varying reviews. It was promoted in the local paper as a less-soapy "Dallas" - which they meant as a compliment.

Buzz
09-29-2010, 02:23 AM
I thought Lone Star got great reviews.

I meant bad reviews from fans. You are right about the critics loving the show. :shuffle:

Bostonfan
09-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Just finished watching "No Ordinary Family". I thought it was cute. Very family friendly. I watch so many dramas, that it's kind of nice to have something that doesn't take itself too seriously.

smurfy
09-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Just watched Hawaii 50. I really like this show, has good potential. Love Daniel Dae Kim, and so cool on the motorcycle. Love Scott Caan, he is just so cute. Hope it stays this good.

Glide2
09-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Just finished watching "No Ordinary Family". I thought it was cute. Very family friendly. I watch so many dramas, that it's kind of nice to have something that doesn't take itself too seriously.

We watched this too. I liked it enough to want to see the next episode. But... it's a "Heroes" wannabe. Also, that guy would not be married to that woman. They don't fit. It's distracting.

It has that cartoon element. The relationships that kind of work are the parents and their co-workers who are in on the secret. Also I liked the end where his co worker made him a lair! since he's a superhero.

Buzz
09-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Watched Detroit 1-8-7 and it took quite a while for me to understand what is going on and that mean character (whatever his name is) is VERRRRY annoying. I hate know it all characters who are always right and are really jerks. I hoped it would be a little like Hillstreet Blues. This show is not to my liking.

Artemis@BC
09-29-2010, 04:46 PM

I liked it quite a lot ... until the final scene. Another über-secret possibly government organization that knows all and sees all -- boring! And so not in tune with the rest of the show. But it's not enough to spoil the rest of the show. Not yet anyway. The fact that it's up against Glee and Rick Mercer ... tougher.

I found the couple a bit unbelievable too, but have come to expect that in TV couples. Besides, they talked about "growing apart," who knows what they were like when they were young and first together.

Watched Detroit 1-8-7 ...

Haven't had a chance to catch that one yet. I don't feel I really need another cop show, but I'm very interested just to see what Shaun Majumder is like in a serious role.

Nora_Charles
09-29-2010, 05:08 PM

I found the couple a bit unbelievable too, but have come to expect that in TV couples. Besides, they talked about "growing apart," who knows what they were like when they were young and first together.

I'm happy to hear that others liked it! Of course, I am blinded by my ridiculous love of Michael Chiklis. There, I said it. ;)

Artemis...as far as how they were when they were younger, I kind of got the feeling from the "all of us playing catch" flashback in the beginning of the episode that the parents were more physically matched and emotionally closer when they were younger and first together. In fact, they kind of talked about how much better things were.

But I guess I don't find it all that unbelievable that those two people would be together. You start out in life with goals and ideals, and what you "should" be, and then real life happens. Just my opinion. :)

Bev Johnston
09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
I caught Raising Hope last night and really liked it. It's fun and quirky. I'll try to catch the episode I missed on Hulu.

Albee
09-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Does anyone know when the spin off for Criminal Minds starts?

H. Five O is great! My new fav show and all because of Scott Caan!!!
Lone star was just Ok, but something is missing, but who cares now that it's cut?
Chase is just Ok - Actually, almost everything new seems to be just OK
Outlaw, I hope it gets better

wickedwitch
10-01-2010, 04:20 AM
Sherlock is brilliant. And I liked that they didn't make Watson to look like a mindless fool.

KHenry14
10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I've already mentioned that I think Terriers is terrific, but I have to say that I'm really liking Hawaii Five-O and the new L&O LA too. Surprising number of keepers this season.

New L&O LA diving right into a celebrity story in it's pilot is no surprise, and hey, it worked. Also, the Classic L&O was famous for using quality New York actors, I hope they do the same thing with the new series with LA actors. They used the underrated Danielle Panabaker (Sky High and Shark) this time around and I expect to see a lot of good acting on this show in the future.

rfisher
10-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Terriers cracks me up. And I've just discovered Sons of Anarchy. Katy Segal is fantastic.

genevieve
10-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Looks like My Generation has also been canned

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/10/01/my-generation-gets-the-ax-at-abc/