PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

VIETgrlTerifa
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
If it gets canceled, then maybe Direct TV will save it the way they did Friday Night Lights and Damages. Direct TV seems to desperately want to attract these highly-regarded and critically-acclaimed (ok Lone Star may not be that critically acclaimed) shows in order to boost their new original programming channel (similar to the way FX revamped their network almost a decade ago from running shows like Son of a Beach and Married with Children re-runs to making new, "cutting-edge", and premium-cable level shows like The Shield, Nip-Tuck, Rescue Me, etc. Of course FX isn't above canceling excellent shows due to ratings, see Damages.

genevieve
09-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Ok, second episode of The Event was much better. Kudos to Brian for guessing about the aliens :cheer2: Even the timeline flipping around worked better this week. About the only :rolleyes: part was when the cops had Sean in the car, they're all STFU!! Yer so called girlfriend doesn't even exist - and he flops back, resigned, and mumbles "...we were going to get married..." and lady cop looks about ready to say "in that case, you are free to go!".

I appreciate that TPTB made absolutely sure there was no water or any palm trees anywhere around...but anytime I see dramatic broken plane parts, I'm thinking LOST.

But............. they sure do know how to end an episode.

Watching Hawaii 5-O and it is creeping me out to hear Daniel Dae Kim speak english. I keep imagining I can hear a trace of accent - it's the same anytime I see James Marsters act, after Buffy/Angel :P

manhn
09-28-2010, 06:35 AM
About the only part was when the cops had Sean in the car, they're all STFU!! Yer so called girlfriend doesn't even exist - and he flops back, resigned, and mumbles "...we were going to get married..." and lady cop looks about ready to say "in that case, you are free to go!".

The Event may go down in history for featuring the two most annoying and dumbest FBI agents ever. OMG, HATE! Please let them die!

But, D.B. "toepick" Sweeney? Awesome!

Once I saw Denise Huxtable's annoying husband last week as a cruise employee, I should've known he was evil. I just assumed the actor was really desperate for work. What an idiot!

VIETgrlTerifa
09-28-2010, 03:40 PM
That guy just screams evil, even in real life.

rfisher
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I forgot to record 5-O last night. :wuzrobbed I'll have to try to find it online.

Buzz
09-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Hawaii 5-0 and The Event both were really good last night.

Satellitegirl
09-28-2010, 04:17 PM
I forgot to record 5-O last night. :wuzrobbed I'll have to try to find it online.

I did as well...although my coworker said that they played it on Saturday also, so maybe they'll do that again this Saturday.

skatesindreams
09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Hawaii 5-0 is my favoriite of the new shows, thus far.
I hope that they can keep building on their good beginning.

Garden Kitty
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM

They repeated the pilot episode on Saturday night. Not sure if that was a one time only repeat, but you can check a tv guide.

BigB08822
09-28-2010, 05:25 PM
The Event is going to lose me, and many others, if the jumping around between timelines doesn't slow up! It was just way too much. 5 days earlier, 13 months earlier, 5 years earlier, 11 minutes earlier...OMG STOP!

numbers123
09-28-2010, 05:50 PM
I tried to watch Outsourced but only made it through 10 minutes...

Re: Office, I know that so many people love the Office (since it continues). I have tried to watch it so many times, but it just annoys me.

Outsourced is not good, but I might try another week. I know I won't try another week of S$!% My Dad Says

Just watched the premier of My Generation. I liked it. But then, I still love Parenthood too.

I haven't watched it, but I think of it as the Thirty Somethings of the 2010's. Same with Parenthood.

Now I am waiting for you to ask....

genevieve
09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Scott Caan continues to outshine everyone else in Hawaii 5-0 :kickass:

GarrAarghHrumph
09-29-2010, 01:40 AM
First cancellation of the season - FOX has cancelled "Lone Star".

Buzz
09-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Judging from the bad reviews, I am not surprised at all. Never even saw a minute of that one.

Theatregirl1122
09-29-2010, 02:06 AM
I haven't watched it, but I think of it as the Thirty Somethings of the 2010's. Same with Parenthood.

Now I am waiting for you to ask....

In that case... The what?