PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Sassafras
09-25-2010, 06:31 PM
:cheer2:

I tried to watch Outsourced but only made it through 10 minutes...

A couple years ago I had a part time at home job with an international company. It was outsourced to India two times. The first time it was messed up and the company brought us back on. Six months later they sent it back to India even though the boss admitted we did a better job.

I,too, gave the show a try thinking it had promise. but got bored quickly.

Theatregirl1122
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Just watched the premier of My Generation. I liked it. But then, I still love Parenthood too.

GarrAarghHrumph
09-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Watching Blue Bloods-not too bad but the toilet is a ripped-off story line from L&O.

Oh, good. I was hoping it wouldn't suck. I've been rooting for Donnie Wahlberg to hit it big for some time. He's a really strong actor, but you know, the whole NKOTB thing - it can be hard to move beyond that and into something else.

GarrAarghHrumph
09-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm sad to hear that Outsourced is so bad - I thought the premise had promise.

I figured it would either be great, or completely suck. There would be no in-between for this show.

oleada
09-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Oh, good. I was hoping it wouldn't suck. I've been rooting for Donnie Wahlberg to hit it big for some time. He's a really strong actor, but you know, the whole NKOTB thing - it can be hard to move beyond that and into something else.

I actually really liked this pilot, and I'm not a fan of cop shows. I hope it does well.

Outsourced was pretty terrible. My Generation couldn't hold my interest. Most of the pilots I've watched have been pretty crap, actually.

genevieve
09-26-2010, 05:00 AM
I've been rooting for Donnie Wahlberg to hit it big for some time. He's a really strong actor, but you know, the whole NKOTB thing - it can be hard to move beyond that and into something else.
I loved the show Boomtown...should have been far more successful than it was.

HeatherC
09-26-2010, 06:09 AM
I loved the show Boomtown...should have been far more successful than it was.

Oh I loved that show too. I thought it had a ton of potential. :(

orbitz
09-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Hard to say which was worse last night: Outsourced or $%#! My Dad Says.

I just finished watching $%#! My Dad Says on cbs.com. A couple of the scenes had me laughing out loud. I don't think it's any worse than the Charlie Sheen or Kevin James's shows, for example.

star_gazer11
09-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Thanks to the Saturday repeat, I got caught up on 1) Hawaii 5-0.

This past Monday was insane. Based on scheduling I skipped 2) The Event since it looked similar to Flash Forward; I did not make it through the entire premiere episode of 3) Chase and will ditch that for Hawaii 5-0. 4) Castle, 5) Chuck (thank goodness I randomly checked the satellite schedule the night before or I'd have missed the premiere) and 6) Lonestar round out my Mondays.

Undercovers was fun, but it was kinda strange to have a lighthearted show from JJ. Sexpionage. Will stick with it for now, the leads are very pretty. :)

BigB08822
09-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I just watched The Event and was totally floored by it. I know that doesn't mean the rest of the show will live up to the pilot but there is tons of potential here. It is walking a very fine line of being too similar to Lost but I have to believe they have a plan and it wouldn't have gone to production if it was a Lost clone or anything close to it. I am guessing the prisoners are aliens or a very special group of humans, maybe with special powers or people from the future who learned to time travel? For now I am thinking aliens but who knows where this will all lead.

Norlite
09-27-2010, 02:47 PM
I just watched The Event and was totally floored by it. I know that doesn't mean the rest of the show will live up to the pilot but there is tons of potential here. It is walking a very fine line of being too similar to Lost but I have to believe they have a plan and it wouldn't have gone to production if it was a Lost clone or anything close to it. I am guessing the prisoners are aliens or a very special group of humans, maybe with special powers or people from the future who learned to time travel? For now I am thinking aliens but who knows where this will all lead.

I watched it on the weekend too. And loved it.

My daughter was thinking aliens, but that's a little too pat for me. Your idea of time travel is something I never thought of, but it's a great thought.

We are suppose to find out tonight where the plane went.

LadyNit
09-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Tried Lone Star (tivo'd the pilot) yesterday. Realized that I have no interest in a conflicted con artist with a conscience.

To be honest, my "new" fall show is The Closer. :lol: The local CW channel is re-running the show from the beginning and started with the 2005 series pilot. I decided to try it and am now a total fan. :D

Artemis@BC
09-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm finding myself liking 2 new legal dramas. Both were entertaining in a "won't strain your brain too much" kind of way.

First is The Defenders, which I tuned into just for Jerry O'Connel & Jim Belushi. They're lawyers in Vegas -- not quite ambulance chasers, but not exactly hightly respected in the legal community either. The first episode was lots of fun, and I'll definitely watch again.

The other one is Outlaw -- again, the main draw for me is the star (Jimmy Smitts). Nothing we haven't seen before, but still well written. Plus it's on Fridays, and there's nothing else on on Fridays. (how's that for damning with faint praise?)

VIETgrlTerifa
09-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I know tv calls for suspension of disbelief but the premise of Outlaw just seems way too ridiculous for me. I feel like I would be screaming and throwing things at the tv, plus the previews made it seem like it has that Sorkin-like level of preachiness without the good writing to back it up.

Wyliefan
09-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Tried Lone Star (tivo'd the pilot) yesterday. Realized that I have no interest in a conflicted con artist with a conscience.

Apparently you're not alone (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2010/09/can-foxs-lone-star-be-saved/1)!