PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

GarrAarghHrumph
09-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks goodness Big Bang Theory and Law & Order UK more than made up for those other two dogs. :encore:

Is L&O UK airing here in the US?

Artemis@BC
09-24-2010, 07:29 PM

I have no idea. Did any US stations carry it last season?

In Canada it airs on City, then if it follows last year's pattern will repeat later in the year on Showcase.

genevieve
09-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Hellcats is my second-favourite new show.
I love Hellcats :lol:

My favourite new show is Nikita. The writing, directing and acting are so GOOD! I was trying to pick a flaw in the show and the only thing I could come up with is that every episode seems to end with Nikita being surrounded by her ex-agency guys and then single-handedly fights her way out of it (successfuly, of course!). ...
I would say Alex the ally is the weak link. The reveal at the end of the pilot was great, but now Alex and Nikita are pretty much chatting for hours every night. It's just inconceivable that Alex can use those computers to email Nikita every night without being noticed. Even ignoring that those computers MUST be tracking every use, how does she have all this free time that she can slip into a dark empty room to use computers all the time? It's just too easy, too fast, which is already giving the show a formulaic feel. Nikita should have to struggle a bit to get this information. Or do it alone - to me that would be more interesting.

I love me some Maggie Q though!!

rfisher
09-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I watched the first Nikita because I loved the original TV version (and the movie), but this didn't have Roy Dupuis as Michael and I got bored. You also really didn't know who was a good guy or a bad guy on the Peta Wilson version and here the lines are too rigid.

emason
09-24-2010, 09:08 PM

It was announced recently that BBCAmerica would be showing it later this fall, IIRC.

GaPeach
09-25-2010, 03:37 AM
I recorded that show, and watched the first three minutes, and was done.

Same here--I don't even think I made it for three minutes.

Watching Blue Bloods-not too bad but the toilet is a ripped-off story line from L&O.

Buzz
09-25-2010, 03:52 AM
Loving BLUE BLOODS! Nice show and it has my loyalty. :D

VIETgrlTerifa
09-25-2010, 04:55 AM
I'm so happy that The Office is back.

GaPeach
09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Blue Bloods will be my 1st Tivo season pass for the fall line-up. I loved the characters and family dynamics. :encore:

orbitz
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I did watch the new Hawaii 50. Alex is ok, but I love Scot Caan, what a cutie, and he is fun. Love seeing Jin again!!! Will have to see how show develops, seems promising.

I thought Hawaii 50 was ok. Decent. Not bad. Not great. I've read great things about Scot Caan's performance, ie he's the breakout star of the show, etc., but I wasn't blown away by it. Alex and Scot do have a nice chemistry going though. Can't this show just be groundbreaking and have them play a couple? :lol:

Wyliefan
09-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Blue Bloods was okay, I thought. Needs to pick up the pace a little, but it was a fairly promising start. I like Undercovers too. A little sugary sometimes, but I really like the leads and they interact well.

PeterG
09-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I thought Hawaii 50 was ok. Decent. Not bad. Not great. I've read great things about Scot Caan's performance, ie he's the breakout star of the show, etc., but I wasn't blown away by it. Alex and Scot do have a nice chemistry going though. Can't this show just be groundbreaking and have them play a couple? :lol:

:swoon:

How about they re-cast Scott's role with ME? Or how about I play their houseboy?? :lol:

shan
09-25-2010, 05:11 PM

:cheer2:

I tried to watch Outsourced but only made it through 10 minutes...

genevieve
09-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm sad to hear that Outsourced is so bad - I thought the premise had promise.

Lucy25
09-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Yes, and the first episode was pretty good. Some shades of the old Office. With that show, Big Bang Theory, and Project Runway, Thursdays are a pretty decent night of TV!