PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Satellitegirl
09-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Apparently Maura smoked...not sure if she still does(doubt it, if she was treated for cancer)...so that would explain her mouth changing. It gives you deeper lines around the mouth. Maybe that is what is making it more pronounced.

Jenny
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Apparently Maura smoked...not sure if she still does(doubt it, if she was treated for cancer)...so that would explain her mouth changing. It gives you deeper lines around the mouth. Maybe that is what is making it more pronounced.

True - years ago I attended a taping of NewsRadio, and every time the cameras were off her, she was smoking up a storm.

smurfy
09-24-2010, 12:59 AM
I did watch the new Hawaii 50. Alex is ok, but I love Scot Caan, what a cutie, and he is fun. Love seeing Jin again!!! Will have to see how show develops, seems promising.

HeatherC
09-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Hmmm, I must be a weirdo because Wednesday night is like a waste land of TV for me. I didn't watch anything although I meant to check out The Whole Truth and totally forgot. Whoops, LOL :P

I checked out My Generation tonight and it was just all right. I'll try it again because it's on right before Grey's Anatomy but it might need to do a little more to keep my attention. I'm not sure how I feel about the jumping back and forth thing and the characters don't have my total attention yet either. We'll see.

numbers123
09-24-2010, 02:17 AM
I just watched S$%T My Dad Says. It is lame and not just because Shattner can't act. The story line is :rolleyes: and that is 30 minutes of my life I won't get back.

On the other hand, The Big Bang Theory was :rofl:

shan
09-24-2010, 03:28 AM
I didn't mind the Morrow/Tierney show (does anyone even know the real name of it? :lol:) I've seen shows with worse premieres make it. The pace of the show is too fast to get a good sense of the characters. I was trying to grade papers and not looking at the screen the whole time, I was a bit confused in parts. But having said all that, I'll watch it at least one more time to see if it improves.

Eden
09-24-2010, 03:38 AM
My favorite new TV show so far is AMC's Rubicon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egu8fDL3cw0).

HeatherC
09-24-2010, 04:06 AM
I didn't mind the Morrow/Tierney show (does anyone even know the real name of it? :lol:) I've seen shows with worse premieres make it. The pace of the show is too fast to get a good sense of the characters. I was trying to grade papers and not looking at the screen the whole time, I was a bit confused in parts. But having said all that, I'll watch it at least one more time to see if it improves.

It's called The Whole Truth but I may the only one who's posted the actual name of the show anywhere in this thread, LOL :lol:

numbers123
09-24-2010, 04:18 AM
It's called The Whole Truth but I may the only one who's posted the actual name of the show anywhere in this thread, LOL :lol:

I wasn't impressed by the Whole Truth. Nor Outsourced.

manhn
09-24-2010, 05:13 AM
My Generation is the type of show that I will just eat up, like California Rolls. I love angst-ridden yuppies! I especially liked The Wallflower and The Nerd. I love My Generation--it's like The Class but in Texas. But just like The Class, it will face a premature cancellation (Boo, CBS!).

It reminds me of the short-lived, ill-fated post-high school drama Reunion - a decent concept poorly executed.

Oooh, I LOVED Reunion!

genevieve
09-24-2010, 05:45 AM
I was planning to watch My Generation, but the ads made it look too dumb. It reminds me of the short-lived, ill-fated post-high school drama Reunion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reunion_%28TV_series%29) - a decent concept poorly executed.

GarrAarghHrumph
09-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Funny coincidence - just as I tune in to Showcase to watch Sherlock Holmes, I read the first new posts on this thread and they're all about how great the show is :D. So far, it really does seem great.

I don't know if there's new management at Showcase but they're really hitting it out of the ballpark recently. I'm now hooked on Haven and Silent Witness, I really enjoyed the first season of Being Human and now look forward to the Lost Girl premiere on Sunday.

Being Human rocks. The second season also rocks. It really builds, and the last couple of episodes are :wow:

GarrAarghHrumph
09-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I just watched S$%T My Dad Says. It is lame and not just because Shattner can't act. The story line is :rolleyes: and that is 30 minutes of my life I won't get back.

I recorded that show, and watched the first three minutes, and was done.

I did try Running Wilde, and I made it through the episode, but just thought it was okay. Not tape-worthy.

Artemis@BC
09-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Hard to say which was worse last night: Outsourced or $%#! My Dad Says. I can't believe I watched both all the way through. (Well I did get a lot of laundry & newspaper sorting done at the same time, and I don't like to do that with actual good shows. :()

ETA: changed my mind, I can decide which was worse. Both were about equally un-funny, but Outsourced was un-funny and rife with racial stereotypes. So it "wins."

Thanks goodness Big Bang Theory and Law & Order UK more than made up for those other two dogs. :encore:

PeterG
09-24-2010, 05:51 PM
The new shows don't seem as strong as last season. It's pretty sad if my fave new show, thus far, is friggin' Hellcats.

Hellcats is my second-favourite new show. While some parts are over-the-top soap opera, I do like how the friendship between Marti and Savannah is growing. If it was going to be a show about two women being bitchy with one another, I would have tuned it in a second. But it's the exact opposite and I'm wondering if Ashley Tisdale is going to steal the show from Aly Michalka. Mind you, the writing is definitely in her favour!

My favourite new show is Nikita. The writing, directing and acting are so GOOD! I was trying to pick a flaw in the show and the only thing I could come up with is that every episode seems to end with Nikita being surrounded by her ex-agency guys and then single-handedly fights her way out of it (successfuly, of course!). But I like how she has an ally on the inside. If it was a one-woman show, that would not have cut if for me. I'd like to see her ad more people to her gang. :D

The Event is my only other new favourite show, but there's only been one episode, so who knew if it'll keep my interest or fade into Flash Foward-dom...