PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Bostonfan
09-22-2010, 09:10 PM
This was something I could never get used to when I went to college in the East Coast - EST is way too late for tv shows if you have to wake up early! Here in the Midwest, primetime starts at 7 and ends at 10 which is A-ok by me :encore:

I have lived on the East Coast my whole life and love it. But I do envy Central time zone (and Mountain too?) for this very reason. I sometimes travel for business in Central Time Zone, and I LOVE that primetime shows run from 7p-10p.

As it is, I have to DVR shows that I'm watching because I have a tendency to fall asleep.

genevieve
09-23-2010, 07:51 AM
I watched the Maura Tierney/Rob Morrow legal show tonight. They are very likeable, but this show doesn't give us anything new. it's kind of a combination of Shark and maybe Crossing Jordan in the first year when she would role play all the cases with her dad as kind of the 'hook'. I don't see this one lasting - but then I never thought Castle would get much of an audience, so who knows.

manhn
09-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Undercovers? Lots of fun! Of course, I am JJ's bitch. And the leads are soooo pretty and I liked the nerd's mancrush.

I also enjoyed the sitcom, "Better With You." Modern Family and Cougartown (still) were both quite hilarious.

Wednesday looks to be a great night of television.

oleada
09-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I watched the Maura Tierney/Rob Morrow legal show tonight. They are very likeable, but this show doesn't give us anything new. it's kind of a combination of Shark and maybe Crossing Jordan in the first year when she would role play all the cases with her dad as kind of the 'hook'. I don't see this one lasting - but then I never thought Castle would get much of an audience, so who knows.

I liked it too, but like you, I don't know how long it will last.

LadyNit
09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
I watched the Maura Tierney/Rob Morrow legal show tonight. They are very likeable, but this show doesn't give us anything new.

I made it through to the end but spent way to much time being distracted by the change in MauraT's appearance. Did she always have those DUCK lips? How come I never noticed before? :lol: The show was bland. I'm not hooked by these characters. I won't be back.

Undercovers. It's a No for me. I'd rather watch the main characters run their restaurant than have to follow their covert actions. Turned it off after twenty minutes. zzzzzzzzz

Enjoyed the Hawaii 5-0 pilot. The location shots alone kept me entertained but it has the bonus of decent acting and fast action. :cheer2:

Satellitegirl
09-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Maura Tierney looked like hell on that show. I was distracted by that as well. I think she must have gotten lip injections or something...either that or her longer hair softened her face a lot before.

Buzz
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
So far the best new show I have seen is Undercovers. Not sure if it will last because the first episode set such a high standard and the series looks expensive. I also saw Defenders last night and liked it, but there have been so many of series like it so I will have to wait to see if it will last.

Bev Johnston
09-23-2010, 03:11 PM
I also enjoyed the sitcom, "Better With You." Modern Family and Cougartown (still) were both quite hilarious.

Wednesday looks to be a great night of television.

Modern Family did not disappoint last night! Mitchell accidentally cutting roses with the jigsaw and then getting locked in the princess castle with a bird was hilarious.

Cougartown was good, too.

I caught the end of Better with You and I think I may try to see that one next week. I detest The Middle, though. I can't believe that one is back.

Wyliefan
09-23-2010, 03:44 PM
So far the best new show I have seen is Undercovers. Not sure if it will last because the first episode set such a high standard and the series looks expensive.

Got that on the DVR -- I'm going to try to watch it tonight. Glad to hear the recommendation.

genevieve
09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
:fragile: I thought Maura Tierney looked GREAT with short hair. If I come back to this show at all, it will be because of her.

ROb Morrow on the other hand - I'm sure it's a deliberate choice, but I was amazed at how he went from so buff and sharp looking only a few months ago (NUMB3RS) to a somewhat shrunken, scruffy middle aged man.

oleada
09-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I made it through to the end but spent way to much time being distracted by the change in MauraT's appearance. Did she always have those DUCK lips? How come I never noticed before? :lol: The show was bland. I'm not hooked by these characters. I won't be back.

Maura Tierney looked like hell on that show. I was distracted by that as well. I think she must have gotten lip injections or something...either that or her longer hair softened her face a lot before.

She recently finished treatment for breast cancer. Hence the short hair and, I'm assuming, the different appearance.

SharonDudd
09-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Check your local listings. I just noticed that some shows are being repeated on Saturday evening (CBS for one) so take a look and see. I agree about Rob Morrow's appearance being less than stellar! MAura Tierney looks like she is still recovering and not quite back to full force. She seems to be trying too hard to be the big bad lawyer. That could be because we are used to seeing her as a nurse/doctor on ER of course.

I was not impressed with Undercovers all that much.

Norlite
09-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Did she always have those DUCK lips?

She recently finished treatment for breast cancer. Hence the short hair and, I'm assuming, the different appearance.

Yes, I didn't see her new show, but saw her on the Emmy's and I think she's looking great for what's she's been through.

But, yes, she's always had the duck lips. I never noticed much on NewsRadio, but I always noticed on ER.

Maybe it's just becoming more pronounced as she ages?

Love her though.

Lara
09-23-2010, 05:25 PM

So that's why Lauren Graham replaced her on Parenthood. :( I'd only heard something about being sick, not that it was cancer. Hope she's in remission now.

Orable
09-23-2010, 07:40 PM
PML, when she was on ER, the folks at TWoP always called Tierney's character "duck lips," so I think those were always there :lol: I do have to say that I like her in short hair, though, of course, sad about the reason why :( Her show is ok - not MustSeeTV for me at all, but I'm glad I saw the first ep.

I'm sorry I missed Undercovers - bc there's such a mixed reaction to the show, I'm even more anxious to hunt it down online and watch it this weekend. Of course, I've thought Boris Kodjoe was one of the Most Beautiful Men Evah for a long time, so that's a plus :grope:

So far, of the new shows, I liked Raising Hope (better than I expected, but I probably won't see it again unless I'm home and have nothing else to do) and Detroit 1-8-7.

Wasn't too thrilled about the return of Modern Family, which last year was definitely laugh-out-loud tv, but maybe next week they'll get their groove back. Happy with Glee (totally looking fwd to next week!) and LOVE the return of Vampire Diaries. I'm a happy camper :encore: