PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Barrett announce coaching change

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Lacey
08-24-2010, 02:30 AM
Doesn't surprise me one bit, hello isn't it just a little like Tanith and Ben leaving Igor? How would you ever know if you got 100% from your coach if you had to share him at least a big 50% with another top team, and it sounds like he has several others, including her own sister?

The other issue might be that D/B recognized their biggest weaknesses: they need lengthening and stretch and polish, and I think John and his wife will definitely give them some more style and sophistication.

HeatherC
08-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Just to stop the rumors before they get going from this thread, Amanda & Jeremy have not broken up. I'm sure they've figured out something to help them deal with the distance.

I wish Caydee & Jeremy all the best with their coaching change and hopefully things work out well for them. :)

letsskate
08-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Just to stop the rumors before they get going from this thread, Amanda & Jeremy have not broken up. I'm sure they've figured out something to help them deal with the distance.

I wish Caydee & Jeremy all the best with their coaching change and hopefully things work out well for them. :)

I know Amanda and Jeremy haven't broken up :) But I thought jeremy's just going to commute everyday? It's a long commute, but still doable.. and they just got their new apartment. Jeremy's renting another apt near the new rink?

orbitz
08-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Doesn't surprise me one bit, hello isn't it just a little like Tanith and Ben leaving Igor? How would you ever know if you got 100% from your coach if you had to share him at least a big 50% with another top team, and it sounds like he has several others, including her own sister?

No offense to E/L, but D/B training with them is not the same as B/A sharing the same coaches as V/M and D/W, who were direct threats to B/A. I know E/L placed above D/B at Worlds and Olympic, but I see that as an anomaly. I don't expect them to do that again if D/B don't miss their tricks. I certainly don't see E/L passing D/B for the Nationals title unless D/B really messed up.

The other issue might be that D/B recognized their biggest weaknesses: they need lengthening and stretch and polish, and I think John and his wife will definitely give them some more style and sophistication.

Well D/B are supposed to get their "sophistication" this year by working with David Wilson and skating the RIB for their LP. I don't think I/Z was known as for being sophisticated or a pair that had great lines. Sivia seems like a nice person, but her pro programs have been really crappy, imo.

stjeaskategym
08-24-2010, 03:16 AM
I know Amanda and Jeremy haven't broken up :) But I thought jeremy's just going to commute everyday? It's a long commute, but still doable.. and they just got their new apartment. Jeremy's renting another apt near the new rink?

That would be a 7+ hour round trip daily. There's no way he's commuting that every day.

The Fly On The Wall
08-24-2010, 03:22 AM
I believe that's a recent name change -- the Coral Springs rink used to be known as "Incredible Ice."

Isn't that the rink where Kimmie was training with Callaghan for a time?

Carolla5501
08-24-2010, 03:39 AM

Could we let them live SOME of thier life without a public discussion of "where they live" etc? :rolleyes:

mgobluegirl
08-24-2010, 03:46 AM
I know E/L placed above D/B at Worlds and Olympic...

Well D/B are supposed to get their "sophistication" this year by working with David Wilson and skating the RIB for their LP. I don't think I/Z was known as for being sophisticated or a pair that had great lines.

IIRC, it was just at Olympics, and D/B were pretty clearly outskated by E/L there, at least in the short.

And I/Z were a little rough in the beginning, but yes, I'd say that their 2002 programs looked pretty darn sophisticated and had some wonderful lines.

haribobo
08-24-2010, 04:28 AM
I certainly don't see E/L passing D/B for the Nationals title unless D/B really messed up.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that these are the only 2 capable of winning. Yankowskas/Coughlin are looking good, and Simpson/Miller and Castelli/Shnapir, while long shots, are strong as well. And then there's I/B....

The GP series should be pretty interesting this year! Anyway, good for D/B making a bold move in an attempt to improve. I'm a big Peterson/Johnson fan, but I'm all for this move- this team could really use a fresh approach and some invigorating to keep them moving in the right direction.

loopey
08-24-2010, 04:48 AM
Very nice :) I hope they can do side-by-side triple axels next season. They are a special team. Though I hate her hair.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jenna
08-24-2010, 05:12 AM
What? A girl can be ambitious! :lol:

reese
08-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Could we let them live SOME of thier life without a public discussion of "where they live" etc? :rolleyes:

Yeah, because everyday people are talking and writing about Jeremy and Amanda-- their living arrangements, what they'll name their kids. The paps follow them to and from the rink daily.

allezfred
08-24-2010, 10:21 AM
PJZ coached Stefania Berton & Ondrej Hotarek last season and the team really blew me away!

This. I was really impressed by what I saw considering what a new team they were as well.

stjeaskategym
08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah, because everyday people are talking and writing about Jeremy and Amanda-- their living arrangements, what they'll name their kids. The paps follow them to and from the rink daily.

:lol::lol::lol: Seriously, I really didn't see any harm in that poster wondering if Barrett was going to commute every day or live near the new rink.

Atena
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I hope that John and Silvia teach Denney how to stretch and get her into some ballet classes :rolleyes:

me too, her posture botters me a lot..l also her hair cut.