PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Barrett announce coaching change

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

sashasbeau
08-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Very nice :) I hope they can do side-by-side triple axels next season. They are a special team. Though I hate her hair.

judgejudy27
08-23-2010, 10:25 PM
I will say I imagine Evora & Ladwig placing above Denney & Barrett at the Games was probably a shock to their system. I dont think they imagined that happening.

Sylvia
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
IIRC, Barrett was dealing with an injury during the Olympics and it wasn't mentioned or used as an excuse at the time.

stjeaskategym
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Hopefully their problems with their current coaching situation can be helped by this coaching change. It does seem surprising because they have done well in a short amount of time (and the season is getting close to starting), but having problems with coaches is normal. Sometimes you work through it, and sometimes you try something different. I doubt they expect a new coach to work miracles and suddenly refine them or anything... I'm sure they have very good reasons for leaving Peterson and their other coaches.

I will say I imagine Evora & Ladwig placing above Denney & Barrett at the Games was probably a shock to their system. I dont think they imagined that happening.

If athletes switched coaches every time they lost to fellow countrymen, there would be an ENDLESS amount of coaching changes. :lol: If you aren't prepared to lose to someone, you probably can't compete. You win some, you lose some.

snoopysnake
08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
I believe that's a recent name change -- the Coral Springs rink used to be known as "Incredible Ice." Just checked the rink's website (http://www.saveologyiceplex.com/index.php) and Zimmerman/Fontana aren't listed as figure coaching coaches there (yet).

They should call it PJZR - R is for Rink.

peibeck
08-23-2010, 11:33 PM
:eek: I don't like this news! :slinkaway

orbitz
08-23-2010, 11:37 PM
I didn't realize John Z. had moved to Florida. Is that the reason the temperature in Florida has been several degrees hotter than usual :hat1:.

kwanfan1818
08-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Peterson's statement shows he's a class act.

BigB08822
08-23-2010, 11:58 PM
This one kind of surprises me but I am sure they know what they are doing. They should get good coaching from John and Silvia and perhaps they can learn SBS 3flip or lutzes as Silvia surely knows a thing or two about teaching them even if she was never the most consistent or best jumper herself.

jkl
08-24-2010, 12:33 AM
I am surprised also. Why tamper with success? Makes no sense to me but then some things never do!:rolleyes:

Jenna
08-24-2010, 12:38 AM
IIRC, Denney was doing 3f and 3lz as a single's skater. IDK if she has been training them recently...this is already a strong jumping team though. Their focus needs to be on other things. Sort of the complete opposite of Donlan/Speroff.

dinakt
08-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Wow((( Unexpected. Just like everybody else, I wonder if having two top US teams in one place was getting too crowded. Jim P. seems sincerely invested in his students, so I hope it is not too much of a blow for him, and his success continues. And, of course, best of luck for D/B!

Spiralgraph
08-24-2010, 12:56 AM
I didn't expect this news either, I hope the split from their couches was amicable. I like both D/B and E/L, so I wish nothing but the best for both teams.

Capella
08-24-2010, 02:00 AM
PJZ coached Stefania Berton & Ondrej Hotarek last season and the team really blew me away!

I'm still sad that D&B left Jim and gang. I hope it wasn't ugly. If Jeremy is still with Amanda, it's going to be so complicated. Although I guess practicing on the same ice every day might have been complicated, too.

jlai
08-24-2010, 02:03 AM
I don't think one needs to move 1000 or so miles away to develop "independent living skills", they could just move out of their parents' house. .

According to an article, that was suggested (by Tom Z? not sure) but Jeremy said (or was quoted saying) he didn't want to fall back on old habits (which is easy to do when all your folks live near you.) ;)

I for one moved thousands of miles away from my parents when I was a teenager and can speak to the difference between 100 miles and 1000. :)