Huh. Interesting.

PJZ in the Kiss and Cry :swoon:

inthemiddle
08-23-2010, 08:55 PM
But less of Cute Jim.
He will be there with Amanda and Mark.

sk9tingfan
08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
I hope that John and Silvia teach Denney how to stretch and get her into some ballet classes :rolleyes:

jlai
08-23-2010, 09:05 PM
But Jeremy Abbott's coaching change to Yuka also didn't seem to make sense at the time, and it worked out for him, so....

I thought it made perfect sense at the time. He has lived at the same place all his life (ie Colorado) and could use some independent living skills.

orbitz
08-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Isn't John Nicks free now? I'd rather they go to him then an unproven source like Zimmeran and his wife.

It's sad when you think about how emotional Jim got after their performances at Nationals. He definitely has invested a lot of himself in them, but D&B do have to do what they think is best for them. I hope it works out.

caseyedwards
08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Didn't think they would switch coaches but maybe now that they reached the top they want new eyes and methods on and for their skating.

taf2002
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Or maybe now that both teams are so competitive, training with Evora/Ladwig isn't working so well, esp for Denney & Ladwig.

Debbie S
08-23-2010, 09:42 PM
He has lived at the same place all his life (ie Colorado) and could use some independent living skills.I don't think one needs to move 1000 or so miles away to develop "independent living skills", they could just move out of their parents' house. And I was thinking of the coaching change in the context of his skating, not living situation - Tom Z has a lot of experience and coached him to a nat'l title. Yuka did not have the same amount of elite coaching experience. But it seems to have worked for Jeremy, so maybe this seemingly odd coaching change will work well for D/B.

Cheylana
08-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Maybe finances are tight and John Z charges cheaper rates? :saint:

lilshorty
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Wonder if Jeremy and Amanda broke up.

That makes sense...but we would probably have heard by now on a Twitter or Facebook page or something...

harekrishna43
08-23-2010, 10:03 PM
This is a surprise indeed - I don't think I had heard that John and Silvia were even doing any coaching at this level.

I wonder if any judges/referees suggested this change - i.e. what they needed to do to move up internationally.

Will be ineresting to see if John and Silvia can get the same success that Yuka and Jason have achieved.

olympic
08-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I live in Fla. and Coral Springs is only a few hours away from their old rink, so my theory is that Jeremy wanted to stay near Amanda but maybe D/B wanted to be the only elite pair at a rink, so they settled on John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana?

Count me as one who is perplexed by the coaching choice, though. I'm not sure JZ and SF have the experience or politik to help D/B :(

babbyrabbit
08-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I am curious what Caydee's (haven) little sister is doing. I wonder if she is staying with Peterson/Johnson as coaches or she moved as well too!

Sylvia
08-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Unofficial hearsay is that the new junior pair team of Haven Denney/Danny O'Shea are staying with Peterson/Johnston/Smith in Ellenton.

ETA:

Slightly OT, but "Saveology Iceplex" is one of the most clunky names for a rink I've ever heard.
I believe that's a recent name change -- the Coral Springs rink used to be known as "Incredible Ice." Just checked the rink's website (http://www.saveologyiceplex.com/index.php) and Zimmerman/Fontana aren't listed as figure coaching coaches there (yet).