PDA

View Full Version : Michal Březina Article

Pages : [1] 2

Sylvia
08-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Published today: http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/082210.shtml

However, for the first time he worked with Pasquale Camerlengo, who choreographed his new short program to Japanese music.

"The short program is brand new, it's Japanese drums called Kodo. We did it because Worlds this season is in Tokyo. I hope the Japanese fans will like it and the judges will like it, because it is their national music. That was the point," the athlete explained.
He's keeping his An American in Paris FS and will start his season at Nebelhorn Trophy.

caseyedwards
08-22-2010, 05:37 PM
He is testing a quad salchow from steps in his short! :eek:

Jenna
08-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I liked An American in Paris. :)

oubik
08-22-2010, 05:44 PM
He is testing a quad salchow from steps in his short! :eek:

Yes, he is planning 4T + 3T and 4S and 3A for the short, also both 4T, 4S and two 3A for the free.

If heīs doing, his TES should be around 200 points itself :D

BTW, Michal did easily two different Quads through Oberstdorf exhibition!!! number this summer, he is just flying now, hope he stays in form till competitions.

Marco
08-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Was that Japanese drum music the same one Takeshi Honda skated to briefly in 2004 or 2005? If that was the same one he ought to practice more because IIRC even the very musical Honda barely pulled it off then. And Brezina is no Honda when it comes to musicality.

And the reason he stated is... interesting. He could have at least said he liked the music or thought he could take on the challenge of skating to more rythmic music. But the only reason he gave was not skating related. :lol Did he skate in either US or France last year? Neither Olympics nor Worlds fitted "American in Paris" then. :P

BTW the only things I remember from his long program last year was him always fixing his collar and shoving his hands in his pockets. Still it's smart of him to skate to something more melodic so I guess I am 'glad' he is keeping it.

caseyedwards
08-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Yes, he is planning 4T + 3T and 4S and 3A for the short, also both 4T, 4S and two 3A for the free.

If heīs doing, his TES should be around 200 points itself :D

BTW, Michal did easily two different Quads through Oberstdorf exhibition!!! number this summer, he is just flying now, hope he stays in form till competitions.

That is so ambitious. It couldn't be more ambitious. I wonder if that exhibitioin is on Youtube.

Rock2
08-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Didn't Elvis do Kodo drums in Nagano SP in 1998 (as well as countless other times as he recycled everything about his skating until he retired)?

Rock2
08-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Here's my take on Brezina that I shared a few months ago.

Time and time again we see skaters come out and skate as newcomers and they jump and do clean programs at will. Then when they are seen as WC medal contenders they suddenly forget how to skate. The pressure of expectations changes everything. So I'll be watching closely to see how this guy does in the next two years. Granted, throwing a heap of quads into the mix will muddy the analysis but still...

I wish him well but I'll be firmly on the bandwagon once I see him skate under pressure.

mmot
08-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Was that Japanese drum music the same one Takeshi Honda skated to briefly in 2004 or 2005? If that was the same one he ought to practice more because IIRC even the very musical Honda barely pulled it off then. And Brezina is no Honda when it comes to musicality.

Elvis Stojko skated to Kodo's Lion in Nagano and Salt Lake too. (I wonder if he chose the piece for Nagano for the same reason.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrlKRQUf6_g&feature=search

Unfortunately I do not recall actual Honda's performances, but I presume what is required to make this sort of music 'work' is different under the CoP system from the 6.0 system.

BreakfastClub
08-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Didn't Elvis do Kodo drums in Nagano SP in 1998 (as well as countless other times as he recycled everything about his skating until he retired)?

Many skaters have used it but yes, Elvis was the king of it in 98 with the "Lion" program. I'll never forget how the networks (and Elvis himself) pumped up that program as the pinnacle of his manly man/martial arts persona. Unbelievably I can't find the 98 version on YouTube, but the 2002 redux is there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRUyRVMMLk

Mecki
08-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Iīve trained in Oberstdorf to weeks ago on the same ice as michal and he did the best step sequence i`ve ever seen in my life to "Kodo's Lion " by the way sal and toe looked like heīs jumping over the barrier

Jenna
08-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Welcome to FSU, Mecki! :cheer:

Anyway, now you made me even more excited to see Brezina's new SP. :swoon:

peibeck
08-23-2010, 04:49 AM
:rollin: I am excited to see his new SP as well.

I'm less excited about him keeping the free program though. :shuffle:

oubik
08-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Whole post.

Shut up, Michalīs hater :revenge::kickass::lynch:

paskatefan
08-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the article link. I loved Michal's " American in Paris" program, and am very impressed with his skating over all. I am very much looking forward to the new season, and wish him much success. :encore: