PDA

View Full Version : Primetime Emmys 2010

LuckyCharm
08-22-2010, 03:44 PM
The Creative Arts portion was last night. Betty White won for her SNL appearance and Ann Margaret won for hers on SVU.:respec:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100822/media_nm/us_emmys

The main event will take place next Sunday.

VIETgrlTerifa
08-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Lily Tomlin was robbed!!!! She was absolutely brilliant in Damages. And I love Ann-Margaret. Maybe it's Lily Tomlin's fault since whoever it was who submitted the episode submitted the first episode of the season rather than some of the latter episodes where she was showcased a lot more.

Fergus
08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
The Guest Actress in a Comedy category this year was INSANE! Such a fantastic group of ladies, I can't wait to see the reception Betty gets at the broadcast next weekend. :)

And :cheer2: for NPH!!!

screech
08-22-2010, 05:58 PM
NPH FINALLY won at the Emmys, and not only that, but he won two! And could end up winning another one next week. Even though I didn't like his episode of Glee, I'm giddy for him. But I really want him to finally win for HIMYM, even though this was probably his worst season of the show.

As for Betty White, I have to wonder, did she win because she was so awesome on SNL or was it because she's Betty White and did SNL after the insane campaign to get her on the show?

And kudos to John Lithgow. Absolutely no surprise there, but EXTREMELY well deserved. Heck, he could have been nominated in any category for that role and been considered the best actor of the year, he was so brilliant on Dexter. Amazing work! Probably one of the most deserved award win in years.

hydro
08-22-2010, 06:14 PM
As for Betty White, I have to wonder, did she win because she was so awesome on SNL or was it because she's Betty White and did SNL after the insane campaign to get her on the show?

I actually thought the Betty White episode was a huge step up for SNL. I think it was some of the funniest stuff they've done in years.

skipaway
08-22-2010, 06:15 PM
And kudos to John Lithgow. Absolutely no surprise there, but EXTREMELY well deserved. Heck, he could have been nominated in any category for that role and been considered the best actor of the year, he was so brilliant on Dexter. Amazing work! Probably one of the most deserved award win in years.

John Lithgow apparently thanked HBO after winning his Emmy for Dexter, instead of Showtime. Bad goof that is.

genevieve
08-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Grrr, they list SYTYCD as having won the Choreography award, but I can't find if it was Mia Michaels or Stacey Tookey. I'm hoping it's Mia, because she was nominated for several pieces, and they're all phenomenal.

KikiSashaFan
08-22-2010, 06:32 PM
It was Mia for the Addiction piece.

I'm just glad Derek Hough didn't win and grow his ego even larger :shuffle:

LuckyCharm
08-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Grrr, they list SYTYCD as having won the Choreography award, but I can't find if it was Mia Michaels or Stacey Tookey. I'm hoping it's Mia, because she was nominated for several pieces, and they're all phenomenal.

According to the Emmy's database it was Mia.

http://www.emmys.com/award_history_search?person=&program=&start_year=61&end_year=2010&network=All&web_category=359&winner=Y

The Accordion
08-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Outstanding Choreography
So You Think You Can Dance • Routines: Gravity/Addiction & Koop Island Blues & One • FOX • dick clark productions and 19 Entertainment
Mia Michaels, Choreographer

Asked about Nigel Lythgoe's returning to American Idol and how that might impact his ability to continue on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, Mia Michaels said: "Nigel is a superstar. He can do both."

AragornElessar
08-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I actually thought the Betty White episode was a huge step up for SNL. I think it was some of the funniest stuff they've done in years.

I so completely and totally agree w/this. It was the first time I've tuned into SNL in a couple of years, as I felt that when Tina Fey, Amy Pohler and some of the others left, the show took a real nosedive. Betty's hosting episode...Perhaps because there was so much hype and so much riding on it being a great show, the Writers upped their game? I'm only guessing, but whatever happened, I wish it to continue, as I miss tuning into SNL regularly. :)

YAY for Betty!!!

And for Ann-Margret too. Although, I do have to laugh over the fact the only SVU I saw all season long was her episode and then in the reruns this spring/summer, the only SVU I've seen? Go figure!!! LOL!!!

She was brilliant in it and kudos to her on her Emmy win as well.

I don't watch Dexter, but adore John Lithgow and anything he's in is instantly better by his presence. Even if what it is, is utter dreck!! ;) Congratulations to one of my very favourite actors on another Emmy added to his collection. :D

edited to add...For the NPH fans, there's a photo you've all been waiting for a very long time to see that's paired w/this article from last night...

The Detroit News ~
Creative Arts Emmy awards showcase guest stars, behind-the scenes (http://detnews.com/article/20100822/ENT10/8220312/-1/rss29)

genevieve
08-24-2010, 07:03 PM
It was Mia for the Addiction piece.

Yay! That was a great piece, and brought out the best in both performers :cool:

Satellitegirl
08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
lol @ John Lithgow thanking HBO.....I'm still thrilled he got it. He definitely deserved it.

danceronice
08-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Former NFL footballer-cum internet sensation Isaiah Mustafa collected the Emmy for Outstanding Commercial for Old Spice's The Man Your Man Could Smell Like campaign, produced by MJZ and Wieden + Kennedy.

"I'm on a horse" gets an Emmy! :D

screech
08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Technically the Old Spice guy didn't win, the people who produced the commercial did, but it's still awesome!