PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination against fat girls

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

BYTCH
08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
No Fat Girls Allowed (http://www.nationalledger.com/ledgerpop/article_272634033.shtml)

I might have to protest--hmmmmm, I could go up there and sit on someone.

Rex
08-21-2010, 07:57 PM
That model is not fat. She's hot IMO.
I wonder if they mean morbidly fat.

Matryeshka
08-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone ever notice that the group that seems to have the most problem with overweight girls is overweight guys? What's up with that? Most of the overweight guys (and I'm talking about seriously overweight, not pleasantly plump) I know are only attracted to toothpicks--like if they have a skinny girlfriend/wife, they can deny their own weight.

IceAlisa
08-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Anyone ever notice that the group that seems to have the most problem with overweight girls is overweight guys? What's up with that? Most of the overweight guys (and I'm talking about seriously overweight, not pleasantly plump) I know are only attracted to toothpicks--like if they have a skinny girlfriend/wife, they can deny their own weight.

I think both fit and overweight guys can be discriminating that way.

Jot the Dot Dot
08-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Apparently they meant it as a joke. There are club nights meant for big girls and their admirers, and there are those who haven't progressed beyond an Al Bundy mentality.

Rex
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
One of the cruelest games the sailors used to play (I never participated - promise - too busy dealing with my own sexual issues) was a game called "Pigs for Bucks". A bunch of sailors would go into a club, and anyone who spotted a fat woman and got her a drink, everyone would have to give him a dollar. Or something like that. It apparently was a very popular game in San Diego bars frequented by military personnel.

cruisin
08-21-2010, 10:13 PM
That model is not fat. She's hot IMO.
I wonder if they mean morbidly fat.

She's not fat, by any normal standard. But, by typical runway model standards she is. It is truly sad and really screws up young women, when someone that lovely is called fat.

I also get :confused: when I see plus sized models who are a US size 12. That is not plus size. Not even literally. Plus size does not even start below size 16.

Apparently they meant it as a joke. There are club nights meant for big girls and their admirers, and there are those who haven't progressed beyond an Al Bundy mentality.

What a funny joke. I always love cruelty = funny. Not directing this at you Jot the Dot, just reacting to the link as you did. :)

Jot the Dot Dot
08-21-2010, 11:14 PM
What a funny joke. I always love cruelty = funny. Not directing this at you Jot the Dot, just reacting to the link as you did. :)

I didn't post that as an agreement with the organisers, I thought my reference to the Al Bundy mentality indicated this.

cruisin
08-21-2010, 11:55 PM
I didn't post that as an agreement with the organisers, I thought my reference to the Al Bundy mentality indicated this.

:confused: Your reference did indicate that. That's why I said I was reacting to the link as you did (the same way you did). You misunderstood, I was agreeing with you. :)
I hope you didn't think I meant that I like cruelty = funny, I was being facetious.

DynamicMutation
08-22-2010, 12:54 AM
I hate to say it, but as an ex-Montrealer, I would not be surprised if this really was a club event...even if they say it was a joke. Sadly, what is considered 'fat' there is approximately size 8. I know this because I could rarely buy trendy clothes there because sizes seemed to stop at L (maybe an 8?) or perhaps XL (size 10?) and while I lived there I was size 14+. I didn't bother going out to clubs because I stood out like a pink and purple striped elephant and was always given a wide berth to move my wide load.:rolleyes:

Rex
08-22-2010, 03:37 AM
I also get :confused: when I see plus sized models who are a US size 12. That is not plus size. Not even literally. Plus size does not even start below size 16.

I know - my mom is a size 12-14 and is hardly what anyone would call plus-size. I was actually acquainted with a plus-size model many years ago and was surprised when she told me, because there was nothing "plus" about her.

vesperholly
08-22-2010, 03:48 AM
One of the cruelest games the sailors used to play (I never participated - promise - too busy dealing with my own sexual issues) was a game called "Pigs for Bucks". A bunch of sailors would go into a club, and anyone who spotted a fat woman and got her a drink, everyone would have to give him a dollar. Or something like that. It apparently was a very popular game in San Diego bars frequented by military personnel.

:rofl: Free drinks for meeeee!

bek
08-22-2010, 04:25 AM

It kind of feels like the standard is lower for guys just in general. Plus guys have other things which make them attractive I guess, good jobs etc. I remember though being pretty annoyed when I one of my brothers who is a bit overweight talking badly about girls who were slightly overweight. Feeling that my brother didn't have room to talk. In fairness I once heard a girl who was morbidly obese talking about how a guy should make an effort to take care of themselves?

In general I think if you want someone who takes care of themselves, you should take care of yourself. I don't have a problem though with those who do want people who make an effort to take care of themselves, because it IS a longterm health issue. But I just wish for women especially the standards weren't so ridiculous. When the ideal standard for a woman is emaciated that's not right.

Rex
08-22-2010, 04:58 AM
:rofl: Free drinks for meeeee!

LOL, it's pretty cringeworthy looking back. I do hope the guys I saw playing that game have matured a little bit...

Anita18
08-22-2010, 08:17 AM
She's not fat, by any normal standard. But, by typical runway model standards she is. It is truly sad and really screws up young women, when someone that lovely is called fat.
She's a little too done up for me to call lovely, but she is quite hot in that pic. ;)

Psh, runway models are freaks and that entire industry is ridiculous. I'm clearly underweight and I'm still pretty sure I would be told to lose another 10 lbs off my thighs to do runway. :lol:

It kind of feels like the standard is lower for guys just in general. Plus guys have other things which make them attractive I guess, good jobs etc. I remember though being pretty annoyed when I one of my brothers who is a bit overweight talking badly about girls who were slightly overweight. Feeling that my brother didn't have room to talk. In fairness I once heard a girl who was morbidly obese talking about how a guy should make an effort to take care of themselves?

In general I think if you want someone who takes care of themselves, you should take care of yourself. I don't have a problem though with those who do want people who make an effort to take care of themselves, because it IS a longterm health issue. But I just wish for women especially the standards weren't so ridiculous. When the ideal standard for a woman is emaciated that's not right.
I feel that being emaciated isn't enough either - you have to be emaciated AND have curves. :rofl: Nobody can win, aside from the women surgery-ed up like Barbie.

But not all men are like this. In fact, I don't think most men are that picky. Maybe I just don't hang with those types of guys. :lol: