PDA

View Full Version : Volosozhar/Trankov video

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Buzz
08-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Any idea which is going to be V/T first competition?

MikiAndoFan#1
08-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Any idea which is going to be V/T first competition?

I believe it's Worlds.

:drama:

oleada
08-26-2010, 03:51 AM
No, it's likely not. Artur Werner said they were planning to compete at the Russia Cup in Perm which is in October, and they'll more than likely be at Russian Nationals as well.

MikiAndoFan#1
08-26-2010, 03:55 AM
No, it's likely not. Artur Werner said they were planning to compete at the Russia Cup in Perm which is in October, and they'll more than likely be at Russian Nationals as well.

:lol:

I completely forgot about Russion Nationals! In order to go to Worlds, they'd have to go to nationals.

:duh:

And yay if they compete in October!

:cheer2:

Coco
08-26-2010, 07:07 PM
So are they exempt from the qualifying score issue? I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but if so, it has escaped me.

I hope ISU did something logical for new pairs and dance teams, like setting the provisional PB as 85% of the average of each partner's previous PB with their old partner.

kwanfan1818
08-26-2010, 07:50 PM
There's no qualifying exemption for V/T, nor any formula for having skated with another partner in the past. Nor can they skate in an ISU minimum score qualifying competition for Russia until one year after her last skate for Ukraine (15 Feb 2010).

The original question was what would be their earliest competition, which cannot be Worlds, since they need a minimum score at a qualifying competition, but in any case is scheduled for Russia Cup, a non-ISU competition, in October. They have to do whatever they need to do to make the Russian team (presumably skate at Russian Nationals), but they also have to establish minimum scores at an ISU competition. There are a couple between 15 Feb 2011 and Worlds on the ISU list of competitions where a team can earn the minimum scores; they'd have to compete at one of those to be able to compete at Worlds.

julieann
08-26-2010, 09:54 PM
There's no qualifying exemption for V/T, nor any formula for having skated with another partner in the past. Nor can they skate in an ISU minimum score qualifying competition for Russia until one year after her last skate for Ukraine (15 Feb 2010).

The original question was what would be their earliest competition, which cannot be Worlds, since they need a minimum score at a qualifying competition, but in any case is scheduled for Russia Cup, a non-ISU competition, in October. They have to do whatever they need to do to make the Russian team (presumably skate at Russian Nationals), but they also have to establish minimum scores at an ISU competition. There are a couple between 15 Feb 2011 and Worlds on the ISU list of competitions where a team can earn the minimum scores; they'd have to compete at one of those to be able to compete at Worlds.

What is the minimum score they have to have? I can't imaging they won't make that number but February is cutting it pretty close.

Is there a list of ISU competitions somewhere, other than Grand Prix?

Kasey
08-26-2010, 10:49 PM
I remember reading it somewhere, the minimum scores, and they are ridiculously low, and will be easily attained by a couple at this level. Something ludicrous like 20 points for the SP....

sk8guy
08-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Am I the only one who can't see the video? Tried a different browser and everything.

Doubletoe
08-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I never saw any video on the original website and now the YouTube video has been removed. :wall:

OK just found another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idIwU_4ohBg

Fantastic S-B-S spin!

Kasey
08-27-2010, 12:48 AM
If anyone who couldn't see the original video also couldn't see the interview ones, I uploaded them all at fsvids. You can PM me if you want the links to download them.

kwanfan1818
08-27-2010, 01:29 AM
What is the minimum score they have to have? I can't imaging they won't make that number but February is cutting it pretty close.

Is there a list of ISU competitions somewhere, other than Grand Prix?
The list of competitions is in ISU Communication 1612, which you can download from this page:

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-130127-131435-nav-list,00.html

I couldn't find the post where this was first linked, but many thanks to whoever posted it when the info came out.

There's the Montblanc Trophy in Italy (15-20 Feb) and the International Challenge Cup in the Netherlands (9-13 Mar). Neither had Pairs competition last year, but as Ziggy and a few others pointed out, it's very likely that the Russian Fed will figure out a way to ensure this will happen, if V/T make the Russian team.

Communication 1619 lists the minimum scores:
Pair Skating SP 17,0 FS 30,0

Thanks to HisWeirness:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73904&highlight=minimum+score&page=18

julieann
08-27-2010, 02:14 AM
The list of competitions is in ISU Communication 1612, which you can download from this page:

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-130127-131435-nav-list,00.html

I couldn't find the post where this was first linked, but many thanks to whoever posted it when the info came out.

There's the Montblanc Trophy in Italy (15-20 Feb) and the International Challenge Cup in the Netherlands (9-13 Mar). Neither had Pairs competition last year, but as Ziggy and a few others pointed out, it's very likely that the Russian Fed will figure out a way to ensure this will happen, if V/T make the Russian team.

Communication 1619 lists the minimum scores:
Pair Skating SP 17,0 FS 30,0

Thanks to HisWeirness:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73904&highlight=minimum+score&page=18

Thanks for posting this! WOW :wideeyes: :wideeyes: :wideeyes: 37 points total! Are there that many teams trying to get in they have to set a goal at all or so few they have to set a low bar? Either way, I'm not sure what the point is.

Kasey
08-27-2010, 04:10 AM
47 points total ;)

Yeah, I know, it's going to make it so much rougher on this particular team....

loopey
08-27-2010, 04:13 AM
47 points total ;)

Yeah, I know, it's going to make it so much rougher on this particular team....
Even if they double every triple, including the twist, I think they could get 47 points.