PDA

View Full Version : Volosozhar/Trankov video

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Cherub721
08-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Try this ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ba4IloTqE&feature=feedu

Thanks!

I have to say, in that 2 minute clip I already see more choreography/transitions than we typically got in two programs per season from V/Morozov and M/Trankov. :saint:

I was looking for those sbs spins with interest after all the talk... look great once they're situated but they actually are out of sync when they enter the spins... hope they can improve that without dropping the spread eagle transition.

i love to skate
08-23-2010, 01:05 AM
She is just amazing!!! Very excited to see this pair in competition!

LaLis
08-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Is it just me or does he remind some people, a teeny bit of Artur dimitriev? The bold presence, carriage, strength across the ice...can't help but see some comparisons here.

I LOVED Artur and yes, Maksim reminds me of him too. That's probably why I like him so much. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Moka-Ananas
08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
If I were Kavaguti/Smirnov...I'd just retire after having seen this video.

nerdycool
08-23-2010, 06:26 PM
If I were Kavaguti/Smirnov...I'd just retire after having seen this video.Why? It's not like Russia only has one spot to fill.

Besides, even the good teams have bad competitions/seasons, so who's to say that K/S won't ever win anything again? V/T will only make the other teams more motivated to up their game, which is good because pairs for the past few seasons has been lacking in the the excitement factor.

Moka-Ananas
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah but it's just...I'm biased and more interested in the other couples (Martiusheva/Rogonov, Bazarova/Larionov, Bezmaternikh and his new partner...) and I want them to have a chance to make it to the bigger competitions.

julieann
08-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah but it's just...I'm biased and more interested in the other couples (Martiusheva/Rogonov, Bazarova/Larionov, Bezmaternikh and his new partner...) and I want them to have a chance to make it to the bigger competitions.

Aside from a 9th place finish at Worlds in 2007 the worst K/S have done is 5th place, that's not too bad in just under 4 years competing together. And that 9th place was coming off a broken ankle. If she didn't break her ankle and withdrawn from RN, M/T wouldn't have won their one and only national title. K/S very rarely leave a competition without a medal.

As for retiring...I would hope a team with that amount of success wouldn't think about retiring, esp after beating every team in the world with the exception of S/Z.

She had surgery to fix an injury, that could happen to any team and I hope it doesn't but they seem to be playing it smart by resting and taking it easy. There is no reason to risk re-injury to just to get medals.

If the other Russians couples want to have a chance at the bigger competitions, they can earn their way there by skating well.

I wonder how many people told Trankov he should retire after losing to K/S so often?

letsskate
08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Patiently waiting for the translation of the interview hehehe :P

Vash01
08-23-2010, 08:25 PM

I am also interested in Ilushechkina (sp?)-Maisuradze. Are they still skating together?

Moka-Ananas
08-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Well...I think so.
At least I haven't heard of a potential split.

museksk8r
08-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Try this ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ba4IloTqE&feature=feedu

OMG, I LOVE THEM! Their body lines and talent are so beautiful to watch. They are such an attractive couple! :swoon: Thanks so much for posting the link! :encore:

Vash01
08-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Nice unison on sbs spins. I would have liked to see a throw.

Is she much older than Trankov? Can she last 4 more years (next Olympics)?

It will be nice to see another Tatiana-Maxim pair (I am not going to say win OGM; not going to jinx them before their career as a pair even started):lol:

inthemiddle
08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Actually she is 3 years younger. She is 24 and he will be 27 in October.

Vash01
08-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks. I did not realize Trankov was that old. It seems like just a few years when he and Mukhartova skated in the juniors.

I saw Volosozhar skate at the 2006 worlds and loved her. I always wanted her to find a better partner.

loopey
08-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Patiently waiting for the translation of the interview hehehe :P
Me too!!

Can someone pleeease give us a summary of what Tatiana and Max were talking about in the interview?

It would be so greatly appreciated.