PDA

View Full Version : Volosozhar/Trankov video

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Fashionista
08-22-2010, 03:51 PM
(Who was the female coach/official who kissed both of them at the end of the first video?)

B/L's coach Valentina Tyukova.

mia joy
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
At this level most top pairs should be able to switch partners and do pretty well. Pang and Szolkowy, Savchenko and Smirnov, Zhang and Davison...ect, it's really a matter of getting good music, costumes, choreography, difficulty and synchronicity as a team but the rest is pretty much there at this level.

Well, first of all, those connections you named sound WEIRD :lol: I mean, Pang and Szolkowy could be hilarious, taken that probably Robin is the one who lifts his leg higher and is more flexible in this combination :P

but anyways, of course we could have expected Tatiana and Maxim to be good together, but you know, two separate talents don't necessarily have to make a good team. It's definitely not the matter of choreo and music, it's about whether the two people match styles, personalities, you know, just about whether there is a good connection between them or not. And that I think we still need to see yet, but the sbs spins in that video can be a good prognosis ;)

Rock2
08-22-2010, 05:08 PM
grrrrr, the link worked but no video loaded. Seems I'm the only one with the problem. Tried it on chrome and IE and same deal...just the page loaded. No video. Any ideas?

Autumn_girl
08-22-2010, 05:22 PM
grrrrr, the link worked but no video loaded. Seems I'm the only one with the problem. Tried it on chrome and IE and same deal...just the page loaded. No video. Any ideas?

Try this ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ba4IloTqE&feature=feedu

bek
08-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by julieann
At this level most top pairs should be able to switch partners and do pretty well. Pang and Szolkowy, Savchenko and Smirnov, Zhang and Davison...ect, it's really a matter of getting good music, costumes, choreography, difficulty and synchronicity as a team but the rest is pretty much there at this level.

In principal what you say makes sense but I think there are some qualifications. I would think height and weight also factor into how good a team could be together.

KayMil01
08-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Darn, can't see the video at all...

easilydistracte
08-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Fashionista.

[I wonder if the Russian Fed is as excited about V/T as we all seem to be?]

shan
08-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Love the sbs spins!!! :respec: Can't wait to see an entire program from them. :D

Rock2
08-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Try this ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ba4IloTqE&feature=feedu

Thanks so much.

I was expecting them to be much closer in size. Seems he's bigger than I thought and she's smaller than I thought. I'm not in the "super stoked" phase yet but their body and leg lines look to be a good match. I hope the partnership works out for them...and I'm definitely expecting them to be my fave Russian pair.

stjeaskategym
08-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm actully surprised by all the reactions, it's like some people didn't think they would be good together.

I'm surprised by all the reactions because there's less than a minute of actual footage there- and just two elements. :lol: But what is shown in this video looks good, and I think that music will suit them nicely. I definitely look forward to seeing an actual program from them with all the major elements.

shan
08-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I think we're just all starved for skating/news in the summer months! :lol:

oleada
08-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Do you mean Bazarova/Larionov? Did they switch coaches? I thought they were coached by Kalinina.

Fashionista
08-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Oh, sorry. You're right. I just always mix these two wonderful women as soon as they are both from Perm.
I mean it was V. Tyukova on the video but she's not B/L's coach))

Finnice
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
They look so good together. It will be a long road, but Sotchi is 3,5 years away. Letīs see what they can accomplish, I just love the pairing!

oleada
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Haha, thanks for the clarification!