PDA

View Full Version : Volosozhar/Trankov video

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Kasey
08-22-2010, 12:27 AM
But, considering how difficult synchonicity, especially on SBS spins, can be for pairs who have been together for 10-15 years, I think it makes it noteworthy that a new pair has such beauty with their timing on the element.

venja
08-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Ooo me likey. Looking very good. Thanks for posting.

:lol: I didn't look at your post yet and after I looked at the video the exact words were "Ooooh me likey" as well!

I loves Volosozhar!!! And I hope that this team makes huge splashes ASAP because pairs for me is blech right now.

Aussie Willy
08-22-2010, 02:12 AM
:lol: I didn't look at your post yet and after I looked at the video the exact words were "Ooooh me likey" as well!

I loves Volosozhar!!! And I hope that this team makes huge splashes ASAP because pairs for me is blech right now.

:lol: Snap back at ya. Or great minds think alike.

I cannot wait to see this team compete. She finally has the partner she deserves and this will give S&S a run for their money.

~tapdancer~
08-22-2010, 02:16 AM
They look really great together. Those sbs spins were amazing for a new pair.

Ozzisk8tr
08-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Am I the only one reminded of Ludmilla Protopopov when I watch her skate? Her carriage and flow is gorgeous, and she can't hit a bad line. They are looking great and I think will be a huge force to contend with in the Pairs discipline.

easilydistracte
08-22-2010, 03:12 AM
They're quite beautiful together. I especially like that their work together seems to be stress-free so far. (I don't understand Russian, but, just from observing their body language in the second and third videos showing some interview footage, they look like they have the beginnings of a nice friendship. They seem very relaxed and peaceful.) Good start to the pairing. Very impressed with the SBS spins. Wouldn't be surprised at all to hear the Russian national anthem played during some pairs podium ceremonies in the not-too-distant future.

(Who was the female coach/official who kissed both of them at the end of the first video?)

dinakt
08-22-2010, 03:21 AM
They look FABULOUS. I'm getting goosebumps :)

Me too. It's one thing to anticipate that they might look great together, and another thing to see it. Such a beautiful pairing.
I have been reading about them lots during the last two days, so I could not remember all the sources. But from what people close to them say, there is no problem with difficult jumps. So it's only throws that are still a question mark.
I don't really care if they have creative programs this year, as long as they continue to gel as a pair.

Moka-Ananas
08-22-2010, 04:06 AM
Was that the SP or the FS? Carmina Burana suits them well :)

bek
08-22-2010, 04:09 AM
Me too. It's one thing to anticipate that they might look great together, and another thing to see it. Such a beautiful pairing.
I have been reading about them lots during the last two days, so I could not remember all the sources. But from what people close to them say, there is no problem with difficult jumps. So it's only throws that are still a question mark.
I don't really care if they have creative programs this year, as long as they continue to gel as a pair.

Are they having problems with throws or are there just no reports of their throws?

loopey
08-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Well hopefully we will get to see them at worlds because it may be easier said than done with the new qualification score issue.
Can you please explain what the new rule is?

Thx

bek
08-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Can you please explain what the new rule is?

Thx

In order to skate at worlds, you have to meet a certain qualification score. Now that score surely won't be a problem for them, but they are out of international competition until the end of February because Tatiana competed for Ukraine last year. So the issue is them getting into another international competition before Worlds starts, so they can make the score. I'm sure though there will be more competitions available since a lot of teams will want another shot at making the score.

loopey
08-22-2010, 04:25 AM
In order to skate at worlds, you have to meet a certain qualification score. Now that score surely won't be a problem for them, but they are out of international competition until the end of February because Tatiana competed for Ukraine last year. So the issue is them getting into another international competition before Worlds starts, so they can make the score. I'm sure though there will be more competitions available since a lot of teams will want another shot at making the score.
Thx.

So it only takes one international competition to make the qualifying score?

bek
08-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Thx.

So it only takes one international competition to make the qualifying score?

If you make the score it takes only one. Someone can go to as many competitions as they want to make the score, I'm sure.

dinakt
08-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Are they having problems with throws or are there just no reports of their throws?

just no reports

bek
08-22-2010, 03:43 PM
just no reports

Aha. Well I do remember them saying in an interview a month or so back that she learned throws fast...