PDA

View Full Version : Miss Universe 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-20-2010, 05:06 AM
At first glance, this group of contestants is far less pretty than the ones in prior years. Maybe most of them just aren't that photogenic.

Bolivia looks a bit like that girl on Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Ireland's lips look really fake. The top one anyway.

U.S. Virgin Islands looks a bit tranny.

My faves are:
- British Virgin Islands
- Guatemala
- Uruguay

National costumes get progressively more hideous by the year. I do like Italy's and to a lesser extent, Switzerland's. Heh, is Angola supposed to be a wildebeest or something.

topaz
08-20-2010, 05:34 AM
Miss Ghana is stunning. And a medical student too.

Her skin is beyond gorgeous.

Ozzisk8tr
08-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Miss Australia looks a bit odd. Her face looks a bit squishy or something. LOVING some of the National costumes, I feel like I'm at a Cirque show...

IceAlisa
08-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Her skin is beyond gorgeous.

Her skin, her facial bone structure, her features--she's got it!

Strong this year IMO (this is all based on those controversial glamor shots):

Albania's legs--that's all that is emphasized in the picture
Bolivia
China
Ecuador
Egypt
Ghana
Guatemala
Honduras
India
Ireland (this is what Margaret Atwood calls "a blonde with homicidal eyes")
Kazakhstan (all that nuclear waste didn't go to waste I guess, Borat would be proud)
PR (may be just the shot, very classic)

overedge
08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
USA's costume is the bald eagle on the presidential seal. The designer that created all those wings for the Victoria's Secret fashion show did the costume.

I like the idea but the outfit is ugly...

I think she is going ultra-patriotic to appease all those conservative commentators who wet their pants about a pole-dancing Muslim being Miss USA.

I don't like the contestants (or their handlers) who think that a dress by a designer from their country qualifies as a "national costume". Miss Canada - come on, no one in Canada other than fashion hos has ever dressed like that (especially in winter). The more the costumes look like e.g. the national animal, the better.

Fergus
08-21-2010, 02:04 PM
U.S. Virgin Islands looks a bit tranny.

Nice, our first tranny-sighting! :respec:

KCC
08-21-2010, 04:29 PM
USA's costume is the bald eagle on the presidential seal. The designer that created all those wings for the Victoria's Secret fashion show did the costume.

I like the idea but the outfit is ugly...

I get the wings, but the bathing suit part still reminds me of a Wonder Woman costume.

danceronice
08-21-2010, 07:21 PM
There needs to be a new rule--if a weapon is part of your national costume, you have to fight. THAT I'd watch.

sweetsparky
08-21-2010, 09:53 PM
My first thought when I saw Spain was "Why is she wearing an American flag?" :o

That too! Maybe she was supposed to provide background for USA golden eagle pic :shuffle: ;)

The responsible of the idea deserved just an " ay, quién maneja mi barca" score :P

kwanfan1818
08-22-2010, 06:03 AM
I think Miss Turkey is gorgeous.

let`s talk
08-22-2010, 08:33 AM
T-Lo are snarking on the national costumes :rofl:

Part 1 (http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/08/miss-universe-2010-national-costumes.html)

Part 2 (http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/08/miss-universe-2010-national-costumes_18.html)

:confused:Oohhh... Pics are awesome and costumes are ridiculous. Miss Puerto Rico is not wearing knickers and she is demonstrating us her..... Zambia should "win":eek:.:rofl:

Twilight1
08-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I think Canada's costume is better than some of the other one's I looked at. It reminds me of snow...and one thing I can tell you that is definitely something we have here!! :rofl:

walei
08-22-2010, 04:05 PM
To be honest, what else can Canada wear besides fashionable ice queen outfit?

Mounties/Natives/Beavers/Moose/Maple Leaf related.... its' been done.

Norlite
08-22-2010, 04:51 PM
I think Canada's costume is better than some of the other one's I looked at. It reminds me of snow......

It actually reminded me of baby seals on snow..........:saint:

Coco
08-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I want Miss Uruguay's boots!