PDA

View Full Version : 2010~2011 Season of Criminal Minds ~ Saying Goodbye to JJ and Emily

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

AragornElessar
08-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Since we now know they're filming, thought I'd start the thread. Since Paget Brewster posted on her Twitter when this entire mess began this will be her final season, that was the decider for the thread title for this season.

When's everything start?

LordCirque
08-19-2010, 08:56 AM
September 22

Norlite
08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Since we now know they're filming, thought I'd start the thread. Since Paget Brewster posted on her Twitter when this entire mess began this will be her final season,

What mess?

professordeb
08-19-2010, 03:26 PM
JJ is getting the axe this season. Think she gets to appear in the couple of episodes, then she's gone. Emily gets to stay for this season, but I recall reading that she won't be in as many episodes as in previous seasons. This 6th season will be her last. The reason for these "cuts" -- creative reasons. Yeah, right. It's all about the money and starting up a stupid spin-off series that I will NOT watch.

AragornElessar
08-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, we're not the only one suffereing from CBS doing this. Melina Kanakaredes is being booted from CSI :NY and from the articles I've seen, for the exact same reason.

Said it before when all of the mess at CM became public, but I'll say it again...

What the HELL is happening over at CBS!?!

LordCirque
08-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Misogynistic Execs at CBS?

This is the same network that canceled the awesome mid to late 90s comedy Cybill because of it's feminist stance. And I'll bet it's a lot of the same people still there 10 year later.

Habs
08-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, we're not the only one suffereing from CBS doing this. Melina Kanakaredes is being booted from CSI :NY and from the articles I've seen, for the exact same reason.

Said it before when all of the mess at CM became public, but I'll say it again...

What the HELL is happening over at CBS!?!

Yes, but CSI:NY gets Sela Ward instead! :cheer:
I think they traded up in this case.

AragornElessar
08-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Really? Why, because you are one of the very, very few who I've seen that think so. I personally think this could spell the end of CSI NY, but that's me.

Thanks LC. CTV's been promoting the returns of their big shows and Premiere Dates, but haven't seen the CM one yet. So was wondering. :)

LordCirque
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't know if it's the same in Canada though, but in the US, it's the 22nd.

caseyedwards
08-19-2010, 08:59 PM
The weird thing is that Melina Kanakaredes had been on the show so long that her pay made her more expensive than Sela Ward starting in her first season. The most important woman on Criminal Minds is still on it (Penelope) so I am basically happy.

Habs
08-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Really? Why, because you are one of the very, very few who I've seen that think so. I personally think this could spell the end of CSI NY, but that's me.

Thanks LC. CTV's been promoting the returns of their big shows and Premiere Dates, but haven't seen the CM one yet. So was wondering. :)

And you are one of the very, very few I've seen who doesn't think so. ;)

I just vastly prefer Ward as an actress.

AragornElessar
08-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Then we'll agree to disagree and stop talking about something that should go into a CSI NY thread. :)

Meredith
08-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Both JJ AND Emily? Will it be the same show?

Norlite
08-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Yes, but CSI:NY gets Sela Ward instead! :cheer:
I think they traded up in this case.

Love love love Sela! Might start watching now! (no offense to Melina but despite fab Sinise I could never get into this.)

Bummer about JJ and Emily on CM. Do we know who is replacing them? Sorry if already posted and I've missed it.

Angelskates
08-21-2010, 06:51 AM
It starts again on a Sunday? Is that the last episode from last season, or the first of the new season?