PDA

View Full Version : 2010~2011 Season of Criminal Minds ~ Saying Goodbye to JJ and Emily

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

Buzz
02-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I love Morgan and was not happy the why she snapped at him. :2faced: Let's see if they replace her with a look alike too. :P

Buzz
02-17-2011, 03:08 AM
The new CM series has just started and I will watch just for the sake of Forest Whitaker. The show does look good however! And tonight's episode of the original series was very Misery like. Penny is in this show too! YAY!!!

Buzz
02-17-2011, 03:36 AM
It seems I am not the only one who has taken a liking to the new show...
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/3833990-452/criminal-minds-spinoff-turns-whitaker-loose-as-lead-profiler.html

loopey
02-17-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm on the West Coast, so I am only 20 minutes into the new series. So far while it's intriguing, this show IMO is lacking the hawtness factor of the original. Hotch, Morgan, Reid, JJ, and even Rossi are some nice looking crime fighters. Here, all I see is big foreheads, weird accents, receding hairlines and while Whitaker is an ok actor hawt he is nawt. (So superficial) Blond girl reminds me of JJ.

Garcia just showed up!!! :) But with no Morgan banter it's just not the same...

Maybe I'll feel better at the end of the episode....

After the show... I thought it was a great episode and I will watch again. Great writing (same writers as the original?)

But, at this point, I don't care for Whitaker. maybe he will grow on me.

Civic
02-17-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm on the West Coast, so I am only 20 minutes into the new series. So far while it's intriguing, this show IMO is lacking the hawtness factor of the original. Hotch, Morgan, Reid, JJ, and even Rossi are some nice looking crime fighters. Here, all I see is big foreheads, weird accents, receding hairlines and while Whitaker is an ok actor hawt he is nawt. (So superficial) Blond girl reminds me of JJ.

Garcia just showed up!!! :) But with no Morgan banter it's just not the same...

Maybe I'll feel better at the end of the episode....

After the show... I thought it was a great episode and I will watch again. Great writing (same writers as the original?)

But, at this point, I don't care for Whitaker. maybe he will grow on me.
I'm in the minority because I don't care for the other team. They're just too pretentiously hip, imo.

AragornElessar
02-18-2011, 07:52 AM
The new CM series has just started and I will watch just for the sake of Forest Whitaker. The show does look good however! And tonight's episode of the original series was very Misery like. Penny is in this show too! YAY!!!

When I read that for the first time last night, first thought I had was...

I didn't see Penny from The Big Bang Theory on CM or CM : SB last night.

I realized pretty quickly after that you were talking about Garcia Buzz, but.. :D

I really liked last night's episode a lot. Really creepy, but the best CM's are really creepy, so... :D You're right Buzz about it having a real Misery vibe to it and the girl who played the UnSub truly had that deranged and crazed look in her eyes. She really did a fantastic job.

We learn a bit more about what's going on w/Emily. I do love the way they're setting this up. We're learning a bit more each week and it's not good at all. I'm guessing before she joined the FBI, she was CIA and deep undercover at that. Why and what did this Doyle guy do for Emily's Cover ID to need to be "killed" to protect her?

I know we're going to find out, but it's still both chilling and also facsinating to watch it all unfold. At least they're giving Paget one heck of a storyline to end her run on the show on. Which is a good thing AFAIC.

As for the new show...I liked it, but it does seem a bit flat. Then again, it's only the first episode too, so there is that. I'll be tuning in again next week and will give it a decent chance before I really make up my mind about it.

Artemis@BC
02-18-2011, 05:41 PM
As for the new show...I liked it, but it does seem a bit flat. Then again, it's only the first episode too, so there is that. I'll be tuning in again next week and will give it a decent chance before I really make up my mind about it.

I felt the same way. There's potential there, but the first ep. didn't wow me. It was nice to see Forest Whitaker playing a "sane" character for a change, but as a leader he didn't seem very dynamic. And I figure if you're going to have Janeane Garofalo playing a serious/straight role, the least you can do is give her some satirical/sarcastic dialogue. But we'll see.

Angelskates
02-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I really enjoyed the last episodes of both CM and CM:SB. I think SB is still a little flat, but I'm enjoying it still. I'm loving the Emily storyline.

Now that it's had a second episode, what does everyone think?

Artemis@BC
02-25-2011, 06:29 PM
^ I thought the mystery-of-the-week storyline was interesting and well done ... but I'm still not warming to the team all that much. And without some kind of character development, it's just another boring police procedural. The final scene with Forest Whitaker & the bishop was obviously trying to tell us something, but it didn't really pique my interest.

But there's nothing else I watch in that timeslot, so I'll probably tune in again next week.

Buzz
02-25-2011, 08:17 PM
I like both CM & CB:SB and although I am liking the Emily storyline; I cannot help but feel that the whole psycho stalker bit has been done already. And I wonder if they are deliberately making Emily come across as cold and distant or is it the vibe I am getting from the character. I am beginning to get impatient for them to get rid of Prentiss. LOL

loopey
02-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Now that it's had a second episode, what does everyone think?
I'm still not diggin the new cast. Don't like Whitaker or his character. There is no character development so far.

Angelskates
02-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know if they kill Emily off?

Buzz
02-26-2011, 03:49 PM
I am thinking they may fire her or she leaves on her own. It seems to me to be setting up that way. Because her actions are putting the rest of the team in danger and she chooses to obey the rules and not say anything. That leaves the possibility of her returning from time to time.

loopey
02-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Watching an old episode on cable today. Got me to thinking...I want them to do ONE episode this season and bring back Gideon for a guest spot! I just miss him to death.

professordeb
02-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Watching an old episode on cable today. Got me to thinking...I want them to do ONE episode this season and bring back Gideon for a guest spot! I just miss him to death.

Maybe they could bring him back for the episode when they get rid of Emily? Just a thought ...