PDA

View Full Version : 2010~2011 Season of Criminal Minds ~ Saying Goodbye to JJ and Emily

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

professordeb
01-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Just a bump up and a question
What is up with our young doctor? He's got headaches, seems to be "seeing" things, regular type of doctor says it isn't physical, character in show says he is carrying around "ghosts".
Oh yeah, that JJ replacement - not flying with me.
Show seemed "dark" to me and actually gave me the "willies" - something that doesn't happen to me very often.

Buzz
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
I guess that is another story line that will slowly unravel over time. Not sure how much more they can put the main characters through. The young doc's mother suffers from some sort of metal illness and I guess this story line is about Doctor Reid being affraid that he is becoming like his mother.

Artemis@BC
01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I posted this in the "new TV series" thread but ... can anyone tell me if there's anything I need to know about the new Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior series re: how it the new team was introduced in Criminal Minds? I'm only an occasional CM watcher and didn't see that episode. But I'll be wanting to check out the new spin-off series because I love Janeane Garofalo, and Matt Ryan is extremely yummy.

Premiers Feb 16 on CBS.

TIA

Buzz
01-20-2011, 09:59 PM
The new team was in an episode of CM some time last season I believe. It seems to be they will be moving around lock stock and barrel whenever they have a case as opposed to the "old" team who have a stationary head office. I LOVE Forest Whittaker so the new series has scored with me already by just hiring him. LOL

professordeb
01-20-2011, 10:10 PM
I guess that is another story line that will slowly unravel over time. Not sure how much more they can put the main characters through. The young doc's mother suffers from some sort of metal illness and I guess this story line is about Doctor Reid being affraid that he is becoming like his mother.

Yeah, that was kind of what I thought given his reaction to the doctor's findings - basically "I'm not like my mom" - I know about her illness and my symptoms are not like hers. I had to chuckle because sometimes his mom is just so bang on about stuff.

AragornElessar
01-21-2011, 02:07 AM
Jane Lynch is the one reason why I hoped Glee would tank, because I really miss her as Reid's Mom. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled she's getting the recoginition at last, but...

We really need Reid's Mom right now!!!

I missed the final fifteen minutes. Could someone please fill me in?

Buzz
01-21-2011, 03:18 AM
The professor was the bad guy. He did it in part for the book he was writing and in part because he had an abusive father plus mental issues from childhood. He was trying to frame the young kid working for the witch doctor for the murders. However Reid figured it out and found where he was hiding and was briefly held at gun point but of course he over powered the bad guy while the others arrived a tad bit late. Reid meanwhile continues to get bad head aches and the witch doctor guy as well as Reid's medical doctor advised him to get help but he is in denial. The rest of the crew except Hotch has no clue that he his having problems.

Andrushka
01-23-2011, 06:03 AM
I found that episode kind of creepy too.I think they will drag out the whole Reid having headaches and his paranoia of being like this Mom.He'll likely break down or explode and the team will then find out. On a more realistic level,I can see where seeing the things he sees on a regular basis would put ghosts in his head.

I had no idea they were starting a new series,will have to look for that one so I can record it(can't watch while the kids are up)

AragornElessar
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks Buzz!! :)

AragornElessar
01-27-2011, 04:12 AM
Head's up that tonight's episode is *very* violent, so be prepared.

Also we see the beginning of the end for Emily. Sigh, boy she's going to be missed. :(

Angelskates
01-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I found this episode really hard to watch, but thought it was well shot (no pun intended). Can someone fill me in about the Emily backstory? I've seen all the episodes from the beginning but can't remember who the heck is Ian Doyle?

Andrushka
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Thankyou for the heads up AragornElessar, I haven't watched it yet,it's waiting on the dvr.

AragornElessar
01-27-2011, 08:37 PM
You're welcome!!

Angelskates, AFAIK, I don't remember him either, but also remember that Emily is a bit of a mystery when it comes to her backstory. We don't know how she got that promotion to the BAU and it's never been explained. Hinted at, yes, but never fully fleshed out. I have a feeling that's about to be changed.

Angelskates
02-10-2011, 01:11 PM
I really liked tonight's episode; this storyline with Emily is interesting enough without being too much.

pat c
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I thought they forgot what they were doing. Maybe it's just me, but I like it when they profile who/why etc the unsub is doing the crime. There was nothing in it like that, unless I wasn't paying attention. But the storyline with Emily looks intriguing.