PDA

View Full Version : 2010~2011 Season of Criminal Minds ~ Saying Goodbye to JJ and Emily

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

SharonDudd
10-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Did anyone else notice that she referred to herself as "Penny Garcia" when making calls? That suit and other "normal clothes" scared the hell out of me. What made it more of the ARE YOU KIDDING ME episode was the idea that in this day and age, there are still swinging clubs at all!! Come on people, it's not 1969 anymore. This is the world of diseases that can explode all over the place! Even saying that, maybe, just maybe that kind of behavior happens in LA or NYC but come on!! Akron, Ohio?? That's where the Soap Box Derby is run every year! Not to mention all kinds of colleges and other really good things.

I loved when Derrek gave her contacts a toss into the trash can and gave her back her glasses! That's the Penople that we all know and love! I suspect that there are already plans in the future to bring in someone else to replace JJ's character. It was kind of funny seeing OP run around like a chicken with no head though! What about the Akron detective when she walked out in her own clothes? WHAT?? WHO ARE YOU??? is that magenta eye shadow? Not that a guy would know that but hey, lady your eyes are pink aabove the eyeballs!

AragornElessar
10-14-2010, 10:58 PM
For those of us that missed last night due to watching the events in Chile, could someone please give a run down of what happened?

Thanks!!

Angelskates
10-23-2010, 06:18 AM
This week's episode was creepy. I mean a kid

AragornElessar
10-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, but it was also a pretty good episode too. It had that classic CM feel to it. If there's more like that coming our way, then I think the show will be okay.

Angelskates
10-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Yeah, but it was also a pretty good episode too. It had that classic CM feel to it. If there's more like that coming our way, then I think the show will be okay.

Oh, I agree, it was a good episode, creepy on Criminal Minds almost always equals good. I have no doubt the show will be okay.

Kruss
10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
I just hope it doesn't go too creepy. This week didn't bother me, but last season got to be so tense for me that I stopped watching because I had a hard time relaxing after an episode.

Buzz
11-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Another great very creepy episode. Borrowed heavily from the movie Psycho.

LordCirque
11-11-2010, 04:20 PM
This was one of my all time favorite episodes, definitely my favorite in recent memory. Although I wasn't big on the Psycho reference at the end at all, since it was well, an obvious Psycho reference.

But none the less, IMO, one of the best episodes this show has done.

And we got extra Garcia time! :cheer2:

AragornElessar
11-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Very creepy, but once again very good. Loved Garcia in this one. Especially her and Derek at the end. Then again, it's always a plus when we see those two together. :D

Allen
11-11-2010, 06:21 PM
That was definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series. I'm a sucker for old movies, so all of the references to Sunset Boulevard and Brief Encounter struck a cord. I wasn't big on the Psycho twist at the end, but I guess it needed a twist. I actually thought he had killed his mother when he carried her out. Garcia is my favorite character, but she was even better than usual last night.

LordCirque
11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I thought at first he killed his mother too. But then I realized what he was carrying was too small to be his mother if it had just happened. This was by far Garcia's best episode, they need to feature her more in this kind of context. Kirstin was OUTSTANDING last night. I hope this is a sign of more things to come.

BTW, I've been doing some reading, I guess they changed it from eliminating Emily Prentess to simply reducing her role in the episodes but still keeping her on as a regular, but we will not see her as often as we have in the past.

Kruss
11-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I need to start DVR'ing this - I missed it.

liv
11-11-2010, 09:23 PM
For some reason I guessed right away that his mother wasn't really alive, but wasn't absolutely sure until the second girl went into that one room and fell back and started screaming. I figured she'd seen the real dead body of the mom and I guess that's what she did see. After my initial impression that the mother was dead, I thought oh no, this guy's been really mistreated by his mom over the years and now he's *getting back at her,* or *proving himself to her.*

I've been wondering when Prentiss was leaving, so good to know she's not.

loopey
11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
For some reason I guessed right away that his mother wasn't really alive, but wasn't absolutely sure until the second girl went into that one room and fell back and started screaming. I figured she'd seen the real dead body of the mom and I guess that's what she did see. After my initial impression that the mother was dead, I thought oh no, this guy's been really mistreated by his mom over the years and now he's *getting back at her,* or *proving himself to her.*

I've been wondering when Prentiss was leaving, so good to know she's not.
I was half paying attention to the episode, so I missed it: What was the relevance of the missing lips?

Was he placing them on his dead mother's head and kissing her?

LordCirque
11-12-2010, 12:39 AM
If I recall, they never gave a specific reason for the lips, but I assume it had something with symbolizing her still being able to speak to him or somehow communicate with her.

I'm guessing his mothers signature feature was also her lips or something like that, and had great significance to her image as a one hit wonder actress.