PDA

View Full Version : 2010~2011 Season of Criminal Minds ~ Saying Goodbye to JJ and Emily

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

AragornElessar
09-23-2010, 06:24 AM
I don't think they are, as in the sneak peek for next week on CTV they showed...

JJ going into her office to see Strauss there waiting for her. Factor that into Reid saying something along the lines of "They just can't take you away from us like that..." on the CBS promo and...I have a hunch JJ may be getting some sort of promotion.

That's just me though.

SharonDudd
09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Kruss: THAT is exactly what I thought! Tim Curry ought to be nominated for a special appearance Emmy on a series for that role. I kept getting chills and yucky feelings everytime he was on screen! SPOOKY!!!!!!!

I thought maybe the lead in with JJ doing the "negotiator" might be the early transistion for her leaving. I'm not happy with the cast lineup changes. I don't think we need to see one more "good old boys" cop show! I love the Garcia character but not sure if she is enough to help overcome the boys!!

I am looking forward to the rest of the season, though. This has been a favorite show of mine since it first came on. My daughter has all of the seasons on DVD already! We will sit and watch them together when I go and visit and have a CM evening!! Lots of fun to catch little things that you may have missed the first time you watched it. :watch: :watch: :watch: :watch:

LordCirque
09-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Granted this show has survived casting changes, I think this episode illustrates exactly why they need this entire cast. I think the two women, JJ in particular, are probably the LEAST expendable outside of Garcia and Reid.

I really hope this show survives or that they bring in new, strong female characters.

That was an outstanding episode. Dramatic but not overdone, creepy but not over the top.

AragornElessar
09-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Was surfing around the CM Fanatics site a few minutes ago and found this...

Criminal Minds: "Remembrance of Things Past" -- Rossi (Joe Mantegna, left) revisits a cold case that has haunted him for 25 years when several women are found murdered in a similar fashion, causing him to suspect the original unsub (Daniel J. Travanti, right), who now has Alzheimer's Disease, is at work again, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Oct. 13th (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Adam Taylor/CBS 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Sounds very interesting. Can't wait!!

Kruss
09-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Garcia just totally made me cry.

AragornElessar
09-30-2010, 04:53 AM
You know what we just watched tonight Everyone?

1) Everyone at CM, both Cast and Crew, taking what is one of the worst handled and really stupid decisions ever made to a show and handing it w/a great deal of grace and maturity.

2) Those final fifteen minutes, but especially the scene w/JJ and Garcia and JJ's voiceover Monologue...That wasn't acting. That was everyone being true to what was going on and what AJ/JJ said in her Monologue? That was so perfect!! True to both JJ *and* to what was going on.

They all took a horrible thing and I don't think they could have handled it any better. I really don't.

Hotch spoke for all of us though. We will all miss JJ and the lady who played her.

BTW...I don't think she handed in her Exit Interview. I think she was about to, but changed her mind and walked out.

Combine this w/the ceremonies honouring Cito Gaston's final at home game as the Toronto Blue Jays manager earlier tonight and I'm just about worn out emotionally. :(

Kruss
09-30-2010, 06:00 AM
I agree, there was a definite "we don't agree with TPTB's decision" in the scenes tonight.

AragornElessar
09-30-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm also surfing the CM Fanatics MB and someone over there is also looking at the Offical Facebook Page and...

There are an *awful* lot of fans over there who are stunned by tonight's episode, because they hadn't heard of what happened during the Summer. Maybe they stop following things during the summer because of no new episodes, but the Petition to keep both AJ/JJ and Paget/Emily has not only seen the light of day again, but has mushroomed in numbers/signatures.

Needless to say, the CM Community online is angry tonight and many out there, are saying this is it for them and the show. Many are feeling the heart and soul has been ripped out of CM. Also, apparently the actress hired to replace AJ? No longer hired for the Season, but for only a three ep story arc.

Someone else over there mentioned something else that I didn't pick up when I watched it earlier tonight, but I did on the rewatch on Seattle CBS...When Hotch tells JJ he's trying to figure out a way to bring her back, that it felt like Ed Bernero telling all of us that he's still fighting hard for AJ and, hopefully, also Paget.

Here's hoping.

pat c
09-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Well I hope it makes the CM ptb pay attention.

If someone hadn't of started a thread about JJ & Emily getting the axe *here*, I would never have picked up on it, and a lot of people are the same.

I thought it was a great episode. I'll say it again, the guy who replaced Gideon can be lost. So far he hasn't added anything to the show per se.

KCC
09-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I joined the show late and never found out why JJ is leaving. When Hotch was talking to his superior, it sounded like JJ did something wrong and that she is being reprimanded. What is the reason they gave for transferring JJ?

Buzz
09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
JJ got a great job offer in the Penthagon or something like that.

loopey
09-30-2010, 08:29 PM
I'll say it again, the guy who replaced Gideon can be lost. So far he hasn't added anything to the show per se.

ITA.

And this is what makes me so disappointed. They get rid of someone that is really good and has been on the show and leave him? I will never get this decision.

And I also think Paget can go too. To me JJ, was one of the core (don't touch) cast members along with Hotch, Morgan, Garcia, and Reid.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

AragornElessar
09-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Just a bit of a heads up...

If you'd like to give AJ Cook a message, go over to...

Criminal Minds Fanatics (www.criminalmindsfanatic.net)

Then click on CM Blog...

Go to Spoiler Thread for "JJ"...

And from there you can leave a comment. You don't have to be a member to do so and there are a few options for you to use too.

Jill (owner of the site) has assured all of us that she will be passing all of them along to AJ. So if you want to let her know we all know just how *wrong* this is or simply to say we'll miss her and wish her well, there's an option.

loopey
10-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Jill (owner of the site) has assured all of us that she will be passing all of them along to AJ.
Will she also send the comments to someone at CBS?

That's what I really want to know, how do we let the ones responsible for this decision know how we feel.

Angelskates
10-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Meh, I'll keep watching. I really enjoyed last night's episode, and I think the CM crew can deal with this loss. Many, many more fans were pissed at Gideon leaving, but they kept watching too. I don't think the numbers of viewers will go down, certainly not significantly.

It's the stories and Reid, Moran, Garcia and Hotch that I watch. Everyone else I can take or leave. I'd probably keep watching with one of my core leaving too - because I find the stories so interesting.