PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Browning's House on fire again!!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

skategal
08-18-2010, 08:54 PM
OMG. I'm glad no one was hurt.

JamieSix
08-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Kurt would be happy to know he is now a former Olympic champion, however.

"The home belongs to former Olympic champion Kurt Browning, police sources told 680News."

That part was an upbeat moment for this article.

QB
08-18-2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/849270--3-alarm-fire-at-figure-skater-kurt-browning-s-home
As is evident from the close up picture at the bottom of this article, the neighbors' homes are so close , they may have been affected to some degree as well.

gkelly
08-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Is it a good idea to publish an identifiable photo of a celebrity's house, along with a mention that no one will be living there for some time?

AragornElessar
08-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Just saw what's left on CTV Toronto at 6 News and OMG... :(

It's nothing but a shell. A burned out shell. :(

It also got me thinking...They were going on and on about the medals and other things that were in the house, but what's more important would be all those pictures in the Family Albums. That's the *real* loss here.

Feeling so sick at heart for Kurt, Sonia and the Boys. :(

Judy
08-18-2010, 11:36 PM
What happened in the previous fire? I never heard about that.

skamper23
08-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Such sad news!~ I'm just thankful Kurt and his family are okay!

Cherub721
08-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Wow, that sucks... thank God everyone is safe though.

immoimeme
08-19-2010, 01:24 AM
http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100818/kurt-browning-fire-100818/20100818/?hub=OttawaHome

video

TalentedButHumble
08-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Last night on twitter I saw Joannie R. and then Kurt allude to some bad thing that had happened to him, then I found a news report about a fire. But hadn't heard the cause 'til now.

Chalk that up as one expensive mistake. Glad everyone (including pets) is OK.

withrespect
08-19-2010, 06:57 PM
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/849723--how-to-dry-your-car-seats-without-using-a-leaf-blower?bn=1

apparently Kurt started the fire (by accident). Ooops Kurt. Stick to skating buddy. Glad no one was hurt.

Rock2
08-19-2010, 07:07 PM
omg. Dude lives (lived) a mile from me and around the corner from one of my best friends!! I could have been stalking him all this time... :(

This sucks though. I'm sure Kurt feels horrible especially if it was his carelessness. Losing all your personal stuff would clearly be devastating. I can't see how this house can be saved. If it's structurally not sound beyond the roof they'll have to just flatten it and start all over.

AragornElessar
08-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Can we knock off the "Kurt started it" postings? We all know it, but it's also not like he started it on purpose either. We *all* do really stupid things all of the time, but we're lucky nothing horrible happened.

Kurt wasn't so fortunate yesterday.

Show a bit of compassion people.

jeffisjeff
08-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Can we knock off the "Kurt started it" postings? We all know it, but it's also not like he started it on purpose either. We *all* do really stupid things all of the time, but we're lucky nothing horrible happened.

:confused: Why shouldn't people discuss how the fire started? Yes, it was an accident, but it was an accident that could have killed people and which did cause significant property damage. These kinds of accidents need to be reduced and one way to do that is to improve people's awareness of how fires like this can be so easily started. Discussing the cause of this highly publicized fire is certainly one way to raise that awareness.

Willowway
08-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Can we knock off the "Kurt started it" postings? ...Show a bit of compassion people.

I think everyone has been compassionate and empathetic about how devastating such a loss can be and relieved that everyone is fine. And yes, as someone else said, he must feel awful about it. What's wrong with that? Just like the rest of us, he's not perfect.