PDA

View Full Version : Summer Flu: Anyone else have it?

chipso1
08-17-2010, 08:10 PM
I've been beaten down pretty badly for the past few days with the flu. Not fun, especially in the summer! :( The good news is that I *think* (hope) my fever broke last night, so hopefully things will just get better from here.

I've know of some other people who are currently sick, too. Anyone on here?

algonquin
08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
I am coming down with a cold and feel yucky. Summer colds are cruel.

chipso1
08-17-2010, 08:14 PM
That's how mine started Thursday night...just feeling like a cold. The flu symptoms (chills, body aches, vomiting, fever) didn't kick in until Friday night. :(

Wishing you the best!!

oleada
08-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Not right now, but did earlier this summer. Hope you both feel better!

Aceon6
08-18-2010, 12:03 AM
It's going around our office. Those who get it say it's really bad for 4-5 days. I'm trying not to breathe!

BigB08822
08-18-2010, 01:01 AM
I don't think I had the flu but instead a bad sinus infection. It might as well have been the flu, is there much of a difference when you are that sick? It does suck but I can finally breathe again! Hang in there and feel better!

iloveemoticons
08-18-2010, 01:42 AM
I got sick two weeks ago, and I never get sick over the summer, so I think there's definitely something going around this year. Hope everyone feels better soon! (And everyone else stays not sick!)

walei
08-18-2010, 02:34 AM
I had the summer flu last week and it sucked. I drank soooooooo much water it started to taste slippery and disgusting... I had to bring a bottle of honey with me everywhere I go to make the water a little more tolerable. I'm a heavy water drinker usually but never did I have this reversion to water :(

Still, drink a lot and hope you feel better very soon!

Icetalavista
08-18-2010, 04:38 AM
I had a lingering thing for 3 weeks in which I felt sort of ok during the day but coughed like crazy after having laid down for several hours. Then I got such a sore throat I got a strep culture, which was negative. The doc diagnosed bronchitis and sinusitis, prescribed antibiotics, and I felt better immediately. I'm not alone - others in my area (Twin Cities) had similar stuff going on.

chipso1
08-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Well my flu symptoms are gone, but now I contracted pneumonia sometime this week. :( At least I'm on antibiotics for it, and am starting to feel a little better. But man, that was a horrible 1-2 punch for a while, there.

Icetalavista: I'm in the Twin Cities, too, and I know of others with pneumonia and bronchitis junk going on now also. Not fun. :(

NeilJLeonard
08-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I've know of some other people who are currently sick, too. Anyone on here?
Not yet....;)

NJL

Kaffeine
08-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Not sure what I have but I've had an on-off fever for 3 days, the peak was a a little over 102 fever. Not much sneezing or coughing but a lot of aches and a sore throat.

Feel better everyone...

Satellitegirl
08-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Have a scratchy throat and stuffy head....and feel tired. Not the flu, but definitely a cold or allergies(although I don't usually have allergies like this so I'm guessing it's more of a cold due to me just recently flying)

skateboy
08-20-2010, 02:04 AM
double post -- sorry

skateboy
08-20-2010, 02:09 AM
Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. I've had this coughing/hacking up phlegm thing for about three weeks now (I know, sexy). No cold or flu symptoms, or fever--just this constant coughing crap and feeling a little tired.

I can feel I'm getting better, but still not 100%. (My boyfriend isn't particular happy about it, either...) I've been flying a lot lately, too. I'm pretty sure it started from that. I've found that taking a spoonful of honey every few hours helps a lot.

Let's all get better--sooner than later!!