PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

shan
08-20-2010, 12:49 PM
All these tangos ugh.....

Evilynn
08-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I love the idea of Takahashi doing a mambo SP, and I'm sure he'll do a great job with the tango too (I liked his tango SP from 2006/2007), but I sort of wish he would've gone for something different in his FP than a Piazzolla tango.

Cherub721
08-20-2010, 02:47 PM
What happened to the classical programs Lambiel did for Dai???? :(

orientalplane
08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Daisuke Takahashi

FP: Argentine Tango by Piazzolla

Are you sure about this? Like Cherub721, I thought he was doing a classical free programme.

I shall be very disappointed if it's a tango. :(

Fallcolor
08-20-2010, 05:39 PM
So...
Daisuke Takahashi
SP: Mambo
:smokin::smokin::smokin: mambo! :rollin::rollin:

FP: Argentine Tango by Piazzolla
well, Dai can certainly handle any choreo he is given, but i'm slightly disappointed! I was hoping for a themed program. *sigh*

laire
08-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Are you sure about this? Like Cherub721, I thought he was doing a classical free programme.

Yep. Sourse (http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/flash/KFullFlash20100820063.html)

orientalplane
08-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Yep. Sourse (http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/flash/KFullFlash20100820063.html)

My Japanese is a bit rusty...... ;) Are there any other details of note?

laire
08-20-2010, 07:46 PM

My also, but we have Google translate for this:)

LP premiere will be in Japan Open (October, 2nd) and SP premiere - in Fantasy on ice (September, 11, 12), if I'm not wrong.

mmot
08-20-2010, 08:17 PM
My also, but we have Google translate for this:)

I had a go at translating it for you guys;

Figure Skating Men's Bronze medalist at Vancouver Olympics, Daisuke Takahashi (Kansai Univ. Graduate School) allowed the media to view a practice session in a rink in Sapporo on August 20. He also revealed that his music choices for this season, in which he aims to win another gold medal at the World Championships in Tokyo in March 2011; Astor Piazzolla's tango for FS and a combination of Latin music, such as mambo, for SP.

He prepared another SP using classical music, but chose the Latin number as it contains energetic step sequences, which should give high impact. It may sound slightly similar to the FS, but he enthusiastically said 'it would be interesting to make them look as if they belonged to different genres'. As for the quads, he is planning to include either a quad flip or quad toe-loop in his programme.

Due to the rule changes, there is only one step sequence in the short programme this season. He focused on transitions between the elements, which he considers important for appealing (to the judges), during the practice. Compared to the last season, when he had just recovered form his right knee injury, he said that he was suffering from less stress and planning to peak at the Worlds, aiming for the gold. He will debut his short programme at the ice show on August 27, and the free programme at Japan Open on Oct 2.

He did write in his column on Nikkei Newspaper's web edition only a few days ago (though it is not known when he actually wrote / was interviewed for this column) that he'd made two SPs - one of which was choreographed by Stephane - and liked them all. He also said in the previous interviews that he'd try both programmes in competitions. So I am not 100% sure whether he's changed his mind since and chosen one already, or there is a kind of misunderstanding during the interview for this latest article above.

mmot
08-20-2010, 08:21 PM
BTW, according to his column I mentioned above, he described that his music choices for SP and FS have completely opposite feel - 'yang' and 'ying'.

orientalplane
08-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Many thanks for the translation, mmot. :)

BTW, according to his column I mentioned above, he described that his music choices for SP and FS have completely opposite feel - 'yang' and 'ying'.

I hope that's true. Quite likely it's his final season; it would be a shame if he didn't make the most of his versatility.

Pratfall
08-20-2010, 09:42 PM
:) Do I remember correctly that very early on, it was reported that one of the people he was supposed to be going to for one of the SP's was Shae Lynn ?

mmot
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
:) Do I remember correctly that very early on, it was reported that one of the people he was supposed to be going to for one of the SP's was Shae Lynn ?

That's right. I understand that he originally asked Shae-Lynn to choreograph SP and Pasquale FS, then he also decided to try out Stephane after Steph's offer for help.
Now, it seems he has settled with his original plan.

Pratfall
08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
:smokin:That's what I thought. And I believe that he originally said he was going to her with the idea of doing something jazzy.. I'm getting a very good feeling about this..Don't think "standard mambo " , people..

I did like the Stephane program he showcased earlier very much...but this other one could be something that will bring the house down.

Libertango
08-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Tiffany ZAHORSKI & Alexis MIART: (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012292.htm)

SD: J'Envoie Valser by Zazie (Waltz)
FD: I Like It Like That by Pete Rodriguez, Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers & Mujer Latina by Thalia

:cheer2: I was sure someone would pick "J'envoie Valser" for the SD!!!