PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Jenna
08-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Well, I do think Kanako has the talent. Hopefully JSF politics do not get in the way of her making the world team. Agree that Ando may go for the more difficult combos again, and Asada also confirmed she would. IDK if Suzuki ever tried these, but she might start. Kanako's flutz will hurt her. But, who know's, maybe she corrected/is correcting it?

I checked the Protocols from last season, and you're right; Hanyu never landed (or attempted) a difficult 3-3, aside from the rather simple (for a senior man) 3s-3t. It's hard for me to believe that he can land quads and 3As and not have a 3lz-3t or 3f-3t. Perhaps he has been working on one? His 3As have deep edges and are sometimes hard to control, but when he nails them, they are a beauty.

I also agree that I wish Japan had 4 spots. No matter what happens, a really talented skater is going to be left home.

maclou
08-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I checked the Protocols from last season, and you're right; Hanyu never landed (or attempted) a difficult 3-3, aside from the rather simple (for a senior man) 3s-3t. It's hard for me to believe that he can land quads and 3As and not have a 3lz-3t or 3f-3t. Perhaps he has been working on one? His 3As have deep edges and are sometimes hard to control, but when he nails them, they are a beauty.

That's not true, he landed a few 3lz+3t and 3a+3t last season, even a 3a+3t+2t at nationals. I think he did at least one in every competition outside of JGPF and Junior Worlds. I'd like to see him work on getting those more solid than focusing on his quad, but if he could do both that would be great too :D

Jenna
08-18-2010, 09:41 AM
:o Marco confused me with his post! :D ;)

Moka-Ananas
08-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Prince of Persia came out recently. What were at the movies and just say "we" or "they" just have to skate to this!

Well that was what I read on a German forum in a post quoted from the German magazine "Pirouette".

MikiAndoFan#1
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
I dunno, but I think Kanako is right in there with all the ladies. She has a 3-3, which Miki and Akiko don't have. In terms of spins she is far better, and she is fast, dynamic, and skates with passion and musicality. She is sort of a Japanese Nagasu. Oh wait, Nagasu is Japanese. ;)

Kanako has a 3T+3T that was ratified only once out of her three attempts last season. She also has serious jump issues and has to improve on other things before she can compete against the top ladies. Plus, with the new changes, I'm sure Miki will bring back her 3Lz+3Lo and she and Akiko their 2A+3T. Anyways, I really like Kanako and I really want her to improve soon!

NMURA
08-18-2010, 01:54 PM

2009-2010 season Hanyu's combo in the SP

JGP Poland 3Lz-2T +0.4
Tohoku Hokkaido Regionals 3Lz-3T +0.8
JGP Croatia 3Lz-3T +0.6
Eastern Japan Sectional 3Lz-2T +0.4
Jr Nationals 3Lz-3T +0.8
Jr GPF 3Lz-2T +1.6
Sr Nationals 3Lz-3T +1.2
Inter Jr High Comp 3Lz-3T +0.4
Jr Worlds 3Lz-2T +0.2
Northern Japan Champs 3Lz-3T -0.6

He landed the 3Lz-3T 6 out of 10 times. I don't think his 3-3 is as much problem as Kozuka's 3A (which is bare 50% of success rate). Hanyu may go for the quad even in the SP. It's well known that his idol is Evgeni Plushenko.

justAfsfan
08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Yuzuru Hanyu
SP: Swan Lake (White Legend by Ikuko Kawai)
FS: Zigeunerweisen
EX: Vertigo (U2)

After winning Junior Worlds at the age of 15, it's his senior debut this season. He's got 2 GPS assignments, at NHK Trophy and Cup of Russia. He's planning to include a quad in his programme. (FS?)

You can watch Yuzuru's EX here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VeBPuEzDlw

Thank You so much. I'm a bit dissapoint that he use classical music for LP again, but I'm sure the program will be great. Could you please kindly give me the link to where you find this news?

Jenna
08-18-2010, 04:39 PM
whole post

Thanks! Yes, his layout might be 3lz-3t, 3a, 4t, which is really good. Hope he can nail it!

mmot
08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Thank You so much. I'm a bit dissapoint that he use classical music for LP again, but I'm sure the program will be great. Could you please kindly give me the link to where you find this news?

I am afraid it appeared in the local newspaper on print only and not available on the web. The newspaper is called "Ni-gata Nippo' (ttp://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/) and the article appeared on the evening edition of August 16.

There is someone who put the photograph of the article on Twitter, but I refrain from revealing the link as it is personal. Sorry I cannot be helpful.

caseyedwards
08-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Well that was what I read on a German forum in a post quoted from the German magazine "Pirouette".

I believe it. I was just thinking how recent a movie Prince of Persia is.

oleada
08-19-2010, 05:32 AM
From the ISU biographies:

Evgenia Kosigina/Nikolai Moroshkin (RUS)
SD: Waltz: Traditional Russian Waltz
FD: Waltz No. 7 by Frederic Chopin
choeographed by Sergei Petukhov

Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin (RUS)
SD:Waltz: Faust Waltz by F. Liszt; Tango
FD: The Pink Panther (soundtrack) by Henry Mancini
Choreography by: Alexander Svinin, Irina Zhuk

Sila Saygi (TUR)
SP: Flamenco by Pepe Romero
LP: Rhapsodia Cubana by Ernesto Lecuona
Choreographer: Natalia Popova

justAfsfan
08-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I am afraid it appeared in the local newspaper on print only and not available on the web. The newspaper is called "Ni-gata Nippo' (ttp://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/) and the article appeared on the evening edition of August 16.

There is someone who put the photograph of the article on Twitter, but I refrain from revealing the link as it is personal. Sorry I cannot be helpful.

That's alright, Thank you so much.:)

Kasey
08-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Not sure if it's already been posted, but in a recent interview, Sergei Voronov said his SP is to a "tango from Moulin Rouge", and the LP is from Rachmaninov's 3rd.

Jenna
08-20-2010, 05:24 AM
"Tango from Moulin Rouge" is probably a roundabout way of saying El Tango de Roxanne. ;)

laire
08-20-2010, 10:39 AM
So...
Daisuke Takahashi
SP: Mambo
FP: Argentine Tango by Piazzolla