PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

MR-FAN
08-16-2010, 02:17 AM
I heard rumor, Igor recycled B/A's Amelie for D/W's FD.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

PLEASE just be a rumor

Valentina
08-16-2010, 02:29 AM
I heard rumor, Igor recycled B/A's Amelie for D/W's FD. He also changed C/Z's FD after poor show at Lake Placid. Can anybody confirm that??

Thats a poor job Igor.

Antonella
08-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Thats a poor job Igor.

yep...I even like Amelie and thta B/A program had a potencial and everything....I don't mind if somedy else use this, but Igor..again?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-16-2010, 03:43 AM
I heard rumor, Igor recycled B/A's Amelie for D/W's FD.

I'm assuming you mean he took B&A's exact music and gave it to D&W.

Ha, the first thing that went through my head though is that Igor just plain gave them Tanith & Ben's exact program. :lol:

Still, I hope it's not true and they're actually using different music.

casken
08-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Well Shbilbad recycled pretty much the same POTO FD from D&V, to C&Z, then to D&W.

TanithandBenFan
08-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Well Shbilbad recycled pretty much the same POTO FD from D&V, to C&Z, then to D&W.

There was an article (I believe in SKATING magazine a few months ago) where Igor said he didn't want D/W to use POTO because C/Z had just used it. POTO was Charlie's idea, and "Marina's vision" was I believe how he described the program.

I wouldn't want to see another Amelie FD, but I think an Amelie SD could be lovely. I love the music.

lmarie086
08-16-2010, 05:07 AM
^Yes, I'm hoping that if anything, Amelie would be their SD and I'd love to see that but...please Igor, don't make it their FD!

literaryfreak
08-16-2010, 05:17 AM
^Yes, I'm hoping that if anyone, Amelie would be their SD and I'd love to see that but...please Igor, don't make it their FD!

Me three! The fact that Amelie was B/A's FD the year after the Olympics (after "That's Entertainment") makes me a little uncomfortable for it to be D/W's FD the year after their Olympics as well, for some reason. Just how many distinct Amelie FDs can a person come up with?

An SD to Amelie that would be lovely: airy and light and sustainable for a short period of time. Would the tempo work?

Debbie S
08-16-2010, 05:25 AM
An SD to Amelie that would be lovely: airy and light and sustainable for a short period of time. Would the tempo work?That's what I was wondering. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to analyzing music tempo, so maybe someone here who is more skilled than me could look into it. :)

I highly doubt Igor would give D/W Amelie for their FD, but if the tempo works, I could see it for their SD. Maybe that's where the rumor came from....or maybe someone just made something up. :shuffle:

HeatherC
08-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Amanda & Mark are featured in the newest edition of Skating magazine (YAY!!!! :cheer2: ) and they mentioned their LP music in the article. I'll sum up both their music choices and some other relevant info here. Apparently Jim Peterson and Judy Blumburg did the choreography for both programs and I think both have a lot of potential. :cheer:

SP: Mask of Zorro (doesn't say which part of that soundtrack so it could be anything)
LP: Nessun Dorma (IMO they have the best lifts to do right on the high points of this music)

literaryfreak
08-16-2010, 05:31 AM
LP: Nessun Dorma (IMO they have the best lifts to do right on the high points of this music)

Ok, I can already see myself crying during this program. I can't wait to see this.

literaryfreak
08-16-2010, 05:36 AM
That's what I was wondering. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to analyzing music tempo, so maybe someone here who is more skilled than me could look into it. :)

I highly doubt Igor would give D/W Amelie for their FD, but if the tempo works, I could see it for their SD. Maybe that's where the rumor came from....or maybe someone just made something up. :shuffle:

The waltz from Amelie sounds like it's in 6/8 time (I can count 6 beats a measure :D), but that's all I got. I'm wondering if some music editing wizardry could slow/quicken the tempo if needed.

The fact that B/A used the waltz in their program too would explain the "recycling of B/A's FD" bit. Or yeah, it could all be false, like you said.

Perhaps D/W's music "sounds" like Amelie but actually isn't?

Libertango
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Perhaps D/W's music "sounds" like Amelie but actually isn't?
Maybe it's Goodbye Lenin! :cool:

luCN
08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
found this on Antonio Najarro's site

Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat
Nonstandard Dance Waltz-Tango
Music:Original Band of the film "Amelie" and Fernando Egozcue

Evilynn
08-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Maybe it's Goodbye Lenin! :cool:

found this on Antonio Najarro's site

Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat
Nonstandard Dance Waltz-Tango
Music:Original Band of the film "Amelie" and Fernando Egozcue

I love most of Yann Tiersen's music, so I would be good with both (I'd love to see a dance to the Goodbye Lenin OST). :lol: I hope D&W won't do an Amelie SD if P&B are doing one though.