PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Eris
08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I mean, the last programs to Don Quixote that I even remember are Hughes and Slutskaya.
Anna Ovcharova's LP last season.

Mayra
08-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Nothing. I for one am looking forward to it. Who's the last dance team who used Don Quixote anyway?

It's overused music. That's probably what the complaint is about. But, the skaters took a bit of a break from it during the last quad, so I'm not as sick of it as I once was. I mean, the last programs to Don Quixote that I even remember are Hughes and Slutskaya.

Different strokes for different folks. DQ is my least favorite skating music. The choreography that comes with it is usually predictable and generic. You can make a drinking game off how many times someone puts their arm over their head to this music. :nopryde: I've no doubt I/K could pull it off, but meh...they're so talented I was hoping for something different. *shrugs*

pani
08-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Different strokes for different folks. DQ is my least favorite skating music. The choreography that comes with it is usually predictable and generic. You can make a drinking game off how many times someone puts their arm over their head to this music. :nopryde: I've no doubt I/K could pull it off, but meh...they're so talented I was hoping for something different. *shrugs*

O, they are so young, they will show something different and not 1 time ;)
For there ages this is really greate music (IMHO).

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Anna Ovcharova's LP last season.

I didn't mean that no-one has skated to the music since them or anything, just that I don't remember them.

I'll have to watch Ovcharova's program again. I only had sporadic access to high speed internet until around JW when I got it permanently. Even then, I was busy with my classes and was only making it a priority to watch dance.

pinky166
08-15-2010, 09:45 PM
I didn't mean that no-one has skated to the music since them or anything, just that I don't remember them.

I'll have to watch Ovcharova's program again. I only had sporadic access to high speed internet until around JW when I got it permanently. Even then, I was busy with my classes and was only making it a priority to watch dance.

Watch this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_EytmJFwk , she scored like 110 points for it, and that was at a junior competition too :). I'm so sad this girl is injured, I love, love her skating and how she's exciting.

Fallcolor
08-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Emily Samuelson & Evan Bates
SD Music: TBD
FD Music: Music from An American In Paris by George Gershwin, performed by Gene Kelly
Virtue / Moir
FD: Latin themed

Ooh a Latin theme for V/M!! I was secretely hoping for something unusual like PF again, but Zoeuva knows whats she's doing, so I'm super excited to see their FD. but I'm really hoping this Latin number will have a twist to it unlike the cookie-cutter tried and true ones we've seen a million times.

Also love S/B's FD selection. They are technically brilliant and sure the choreography given to them will be perfectly suited. :respec:

Pratfall
08-15-2010, 11:56 PM
:rolleyes:I suppose it's too much to hope that Weaver/Poje are using the old Moulin Rouge music ? I'm heartily sick of Tango d'Roxanne..:(..I like them a lot, but...

mia joy
08-15-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm heartily sick of Tango d'Roxanne..

Moulin Rouge is so much more than just Tango de Roxanne!! lets just hope they choose the less known and less used pieces of music from it ;)

angelicadiablo
08-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Moulin Rouge is no much more than just Tango de Roxanne!! lets just hope they choose the less known and less used pieces of music from it ;)

Has anyone skated to the bolero or hindi sad diamonds from moulin rouge?

MikiAndoFan#1
08-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Has anyone skated to the bolero or hindi sad diamonds from moulin rouge?

Yukari Nakano used Boléro for her 2005/2006 SP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQn_JZ-BXlc

Gorgeous program.

Pratfall
08-16-2010, 01:18 AM
;) I'm only half serious...the serious half is anti - TdR.. but as someone else asked , SD ? FD ?

AliasJohnDoe
08-16-2010, 01:38 AM
Actually I think the Mask of Zorro is totally an FD material. This music by pairs or singles is such a waste... just like Laura Lepisto's ex last season.

I thought Czisny had a great SP to "Mask of Zorro" last year. She usually keeps a SP 2 years. I haven't heard anything about her programs this year, even though she's slated for the GP's. I wonder if she'll be at Nebelhorn. She's the Ladies Nebelhorn Champion 2 years running.

Sylvia
08-16-2010, 01:43 AM
I thought Czisny had a great SP to "Mask of Zorro" last year. She usually keeps a SP 2 years. I haven't heard anything about her programs this year, even though she's slated for the GP's.
Czisny has listed 2 new choreographers in her USFS/Icenetwork bio (Renee Roca, Pasquale Camerlengo) so it's possible she will have 2 new programs this season.

Valentina
08-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Czisny has listed 2 new choreographers in her USFS/Icenetwork bio (Renee Roca, Pasquale Camerlengo) so it's possible she will have 2 new programs this season.

great! I'm not a big fan of keeping the same program for more than one season ;)

rhumba
08-16-2010, 02:06 AM
I heard rumor, Igor recycled B/A's Amelie for D/W's FD. He also changed C/Z's FD after poor show at Lake Placid. Can anybody confirm that??