PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Sparks
08-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks to all for providing the info! :encore:

shan
08-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Clearly, we need to create an "Igor's Hispanic Favs" grouping, & it would certainly include tango & Flamenco.

Doris you crack me up! :rofl:

Vladimir Uspenskiy (RUS):
SP: Moonlight Sonata
LP: Disneyland melodies

Disneyland melodies??? :scream:

mmot
08-15-2010, 04:35 PM
"-What is your new SP about?

-It is a story about a magic creature who lives in a forest, always surrounded by wild nature, including butterflies and a monster. He will be fighting this monster. The battle will be shown step by step. The music is classical, but the program is modern." (translated by me from championat.ru)

Sounds interesting and mysterious. :sekret:

What else do you expect? It's choreographed by Stephane Lambiel! ;)

hanca
08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Quite a few Moonlight Sonatas this year... :wideeyes:

lmarie086
08-15-2010, 04:47 PM
^Aren't there always? :(

Can't wait for Daisuke's SP!!

DORISPULASKI
08-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Some odd picks for Disneyland melodies ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wePMYM4av6Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTo0uVz6mTM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aURThUaRjCc

How hard is it to get approval to broadcast from Disney though???

pani
08-15-2010, 06:09 PM
If you prefer, we could call them Hispanic-inspired dances or dances from Spanish or Portuguese-speaking countries.

:respec:

Now i start thinking - what is Latin music for Scott :D

Mayra
08-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Crone & Poirier
SD: Fallin' by Alicia Keys
FD: Eleanor Rigby

I LOVED the FD Davis and White did to this music a few years ago. It is by far my favorite program of theirs. Can't wait to see what C&P do with it. :cheer:

Ilinykh/Katsalapov
SD: Schnittke "Valse" from "Agony" soundtrack/tango
FD: Don Quixote

I love this team, but Don Quixote?! :scream::wall:

Fashionista
08-15-2010, 08:04 PM
What's bad about Don Quixote for a dance team?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-15-2010, 08:31 PM
What's bad about Don Quixote for a dance team?

Nothing. I for one am looking forward to it. Who's the last dance team who used Don Quixote anyway?

It's overused music. That's probably what the complaint is about. But, the skaters took a bit of a break from it during the last quad, so I'm not as sick of it as I once was. I mean, the last programs to Don Quixote that I even remember are Hughes and Slutskaya.

dinakt
08-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Piano Concerto no.1 and no.3, to be more precise. :)

Link:
http://nobunari.com/
(The BBS section)
Good morning. This is Nobunari!.
How are you all?
As always, thank you for your warm support!
As you know, I had a tournament in Canada this summer. I accidentally injured my leg, though! It's not a big injury, but to prevent the aggravation, I withdrew from the tournament. I deeply apologize to the people who were looking forward to my program!

I recently completed my free skate!
The song is Grieg's Piano Concerto No. 1 and No.3.
I want to skate a good program soon.
~Nobunari

Probably movements 1 and 3? I think Grieg has just one piano concerto, A minor. Good skating music.

Valentina
08-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Nothing. I for one am looking forward to it. Who's the last dance team who used Don Quixote anyway?

It's overused music. That's probably what the complaint is about. But, the skaters took a bit of a break from it during the last quad, so I'm not as sick of it as I once was. I mean, the last programs to Don Quixote that I even remember are Hughes and Slutskaya.

I think Nakano also used, in 2006? I don't remember really well, but I prety sure she used. I'm looking fowrd to see I/K using Dom Quixote, they are really good team, their choreo last year was amazing ;)

ice.dance.girl
08-15-2010, 09:06 PM
weaver and poje are skating to Moulin Rouge

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-15-2010, 09:13 PM

For the FD I'm guessing?

pani
08-15-2010, 09:14 PM

In FD? Who is choreograhfer? Is they working with Shae0Lynn or move to Krylova and Camerlengo?