PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

julieann
09-12-2010, 05:51 AM
:cheer2:
I didn't realize he choreographed for pairs. Good for him, can't wait to see it.

He choreographed their Swan SP and The Blues exhibition, not sure if he did their 2007-2008 SP. He has choreographed for many pairs teams.

I can't wait to see the programs. I hope they are healthy enough to perform them. :(

Pratfall
09-12-2010, 06:05 AM
:)Thanks, dinakt.. that explains it... I do think sometimes people get a bit carried away, since there's a legitimate difference of opinion , and we've heard much worse versions of other composers' music, to much less outrage. But now I know..;)

Oops ! had to come back.. someone on Golden Skate has just posted that Meryl and Charlie are changing their SD music to La Traviatta & La Boheme..:huh: no link or attributation..anyone heard anything ?

lmarie086
09-12-2010, 08:04 AM
^Noooooo! :( I really hope not. I was so excited to see their Amelie! I really, really hope they didn't change music.

equatorial
09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
It is easy to blame choreographers, and you appeared determined to do that. How about distributing some blame on skaters? It is about time to blame the farmer instead of blaming the farmland. If you are a lousy farmer, you are not going to reap much of crop regardless of how fertile the farmland is. The mark of great skaters sometimes come in turning a lousy choreography to something worthwhile to watch. Great skaters can make a dime look like a manhole cover.

Be careful not to blow the pulpit into pieces with all these overdone elementary school debating team tricks. Mao is a very versatile performer, and not some penny-dreadful D-list skater. And she's doing well in this SP all things considered.

Dminor
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
I've noticed that some posters always criticize a particular skater or two they simply don't accept, regardless of season, program or their personal development. The critique that Mao's Schnittke's tango is "trivialization" from one poster is one such example. Hello, welcome to post-modernism. TAT can choreograph whatever 'obraz' or 'image' she wants to this music, regardless of its previous uses, composer's intent or any musicological analysis by professionals or fans on boards. duh. Also: "sinister" and "sensual" can actually co-exist quite well together, for a very potent effect.

equatorial
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I've noticed that some posters always criticize a particular skater or two they simply don't accept, regardless of season, program or their personal development. The critique that Mao's Schnittke's tango is "trivialization" from one poster is one such example. Hello, welcome to post-modernism. TAT can choreograph whatever 'obraz' or 'image' she wants to this music, regardless of its previous uses, composer's intent or any musicological analysis by professionals or fans on boards. duh. Also: "sinister" and "sensual" can actually co-exist quite well together, for a very potent effect.

Oh spare me your sophomoric crap about postmodernism. I am a fan of Mao's, but TAT is not a postmodernist, she just lacks taste.

jenny12
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh spare me your sophomoric crap about postmodernism. I am a fan of Mao's, but TAT is not a postmodernist, she just lacks taste.

Yeah, I think a choreographer can take a piece of music anywhere he or she wants to, but, whatever it is, I think it should have some kind of point of view. Tarasova's choreography of recent years doesn't seem to have any kind of point of view. To me it seems like a random collection of movement that lacks any cohesion.

shine
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Isn't TAT married to someone who is a classical pianist?? You would think she'd have way better taste than that. I think her so called choreography is stale and filled with cliche. Postmodenism? LOL

DickButtonFan
09-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Postmodernism sucks

Allen
09-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Hello, welcome to post-modernism.

:huh:Just FYI, we're in post postmodernism now.

Having dedicated much of my education to studying postmodernism, there is not much I've seen in Tarasova's choreography that makes me want to place it in that category.

Susan M
09-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Oops ! had to come back.. someone on Golden Skate has just posted that Meryl and Charlie are changing their SD music to La Traviatta & La Boheme.. no link or attributation..anyone heard anything ?
A poster on Golden Skate was in Canton and saw the new program
(It's in the 2010-2011-Season-Programs!-All-Disciplines thread.)

I was thinking earlier that Traviata would work well for the short dance, the Brindisi is very close to the tempo of the Golden and there's lots of good stuff to choose from for the rest. I'm not sure why they've added Boheme to the mix. It does have a famous slow waltz that is one of those numbers that can be eardrum-splitting unless the soprano is a really, really good (no, make that great) one. Hopefully, they've chosen an instrumental.

Dminor
09-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Oh, spare me your "I studied this" responses. All I was trying to say was that the program need not reflect the music's original use. What have you all choreographed lately? I hardly ever see anything good about TAT on this entire board. Give her some respect, at least for all the years she put into this sport.

Coco
09-13-2010, 06:47 AM
I have really enjoyed many of TAT's programs for male singles skaters and dance teams. I can't think of any competition program she's done for a single lady that I've liked.

DickButtonFan
09-13-2010, 07:16 AM
I love TAT, she did great with yagudin but there's also a possibility that morozov was a great part of the choreography.

TAT did a great job with mao's 2006 sp and 2008 sp those were amazing. I just really don't see much hope for this new short but hope it gets better.

tianrushui
09-13-2010, 07:17 AM
I love TAT, she did great with yagudin but there's also a possibility that morozov was a great part of the choreography.

TAT did a great job wit mao's 2006 sp and 2008 sp. I just really don't see much hope for this new short but hope it gets better.

Mao's 2006 sp was done by Lori not TAT