PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Nmsis
08-15-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't know about Baboo, but Philippe would skate to it for sure! :D
Never ! :drama:
Candeloro has always claimed he has and would NEVER wear a jockstrap nor a thong.
So that better be the underpants of Zorro or he wont skate. :hat1:

mia joy
08-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Actually I think the Mask of Zorro is totally an FD material. This music by pairs or singles is such a waste... just like Laura Lepisto's ex last season.

Atena
08-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Actually I think the Mask of Zorro is totally an FD material. This music by pairs or singles is such a waste... just like Laura Lepisto's ex last season.

I agree with you! I never really understood why so many pairs team use Mask of the Zorro and my any dance teams try thos one, B/A could have rocked with this music ;)

I really excited about C/P. Last nigth I saw someof tehir videos from 09 worlds and their performances at the Oly and some ex...They improve a lot, I can't wait to see them this season.

natsukie325
08-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Nobunari Oda's free program: Grieg Piano Concerto

He revealed it at his fan site BBS after his withdrawal from the Center Ontario Summer Skate because of injury.

inskate
08-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Nobunari Oda's free program: Grieg Piano Concerto

Piano Concerto no.1 and no.3, to be more precise. :)

Link:
http://nobunari.com/
(The BBS section)
Good morning. This is Nobunari!.
How are you all?
As always, thank you for your warm support!
As you know, I had a tournament in Canada this summer. I accidentally injured my leg, though! It's not a big injury, but to prevent the aggravation, I withdrew from the tournament. I deeply apologize to the people who were looking forward to my program!

I recently completed my free skate!
The song is Grieg's Piano Concerto No. 1 and No.3.
I want to skate a good program soon.
~Nobunari

let`s talk
08-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Vladimir Uspenskiy (RUS):
SP: Moonlight Sonata
LP: Disneyland melodies

let`s talk
08-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Virtue / Moir
FD: Latin themed
Like Mao Asada. She used Masquerade for LP, then, the following season, for SP. V/M used a latin theme for OD and now for FD. Boring........:coffee:

let`s talk
08-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Daisuke Takahashi
EX: Valse d'Amelie

"-What is your new SP about?

-It is a story about a magic creature who lives in a forest, always surrounded by wild nature, including butterflies and a monster. He will be fighting this monster. The battle will be shown step by step. The music is classical, but the program is modern." (translated by me from championat.ru)

Sounds interesting and mysterious. :sekret:

pani
08-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Like Mao Asada. She used Masquerade for LP, then, the following season, for SP. V/M used a latin theme for OD and now for FD. Boring........:coffee:

Flamenco - isnt Latin dance and tango is a part of Europian program in ballroom dancing.
I cant understand - why USA and Canada poster think, that Flamenco and tango are Latin dances?

DORISPULASKI
08-15-2010, 02:21 PM
If you prefer, we could call them Hispanic-inspired dances or dances from Spanish or Portuguese-speaking countries.

dots
08-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Flamenco - isnt Latin dance and tango is a part of Europian program in ballroom dancing.
I cant understand - why USA and Canada poster think, that Flamenco and tango are Latin dances?

Because people think they are closer in movement to a latin dance than let's say a waltz... nothing major it's just a different type of thinking.

How would you group these dances btw ?

...sometime ago someone told me there was no such thing as an Argentinian Tango. :wideeyes: lol

mirage
08-15-2010, 02:40 PM
I thought Tango was Argentinian having roots in street dance. But many dances borrow from other cultures so what do I know.

dots
08-15-2010, 02:41 PM
If you prefer, we could call them Hispanic-inspired dances or dances from Spanish or Portuguese-speaking countries.

lmao :lol:

dots
08-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought Tango was Argentinian having roots in street dance. But many dances borrow from other cultures so what do I know.

That's what I thought too, actually I remember hearing that at first it was a dance between two men. I'm sticking to my guns and say the Tango is latin no matter what . :smokin:

DORISPULASKI
08-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I see no reason for the skating classifications to match the International standard or American standard classifications of dance in dancesport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_dance

When the ISU had a Latin/Spanish combination in 1999/2000, it included Merengue, Cha Cha, Samba, Mambo, Rumba

And when they had another Latin/Spanish combination in 2001/2002 it was Tango, Flamenco, Paso Doble and Spanish Waltz

So all these groupings are quite arbitrary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballroom_dance#Dances

Check out the differences between International and American groupings. Scroll to the chart at the bottom of the above link.

The internationals think Jive is Latin :eek:

The American's think a tango should be smooth (a trap that affected Wilson & McCall in the OSP in 1988).

Furthermore, in dancesport, Argentine tango is listed as "Other", not in the same category "American Smooth" as tango, and flamenco is unlisted entirely!

Clearly, we need to create an "Igor's Hispanic Favs" grouping, & it would certainly include tango & Flamenco.