PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Program Info Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Jenna
09-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Yuna's Tango in 07. :swoon:

Anyway, back on topic, I dislike watching skaters perform competitive programs at an exhibiton. They definitely hold back on speed, expression, etc. Mao shows promise here, but I think it will be much more appealing at NHK.

oleada
09-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Mao's tango EX is the best singles tango done in a while, IMO :swoon:

This program shows a lot of potential. I'm excited to see what it looks like come NHK.

Marco
09-06-2010, 05:19 AM
I am not liking Mao's tango yet. It isn't about the mistakes, but more about her not expressing more attitude and owning the ice. Hopefully she will 'get it' in time for her GPs.

What is her new combo? 3loop3loop?

pinky166
09-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I am not liking Mao's tango yet. It isn't about the mistakes, but more about her not expressing more attitude and owning the ice. Hopefully she will 'get it' in time for her GPs.

What is her new combo? 3loop3loop?

I assume so, because IIRC, the jump out of steps can't be repeated in the combination, so if she did 3lo out of steps she couldn't do 3f-3lo as her combo. If she does 3f out of steps than she can do a 3-3lo combo, and considering the lutz isn't ready yet 3lo-3lo would make the most sense.

Pratfall
09-06-2010, 09:43 PM
No, I'm not thrilled with the program either, so far..can't see much tango about it.There are some nice positions here and there, but they're just the odd flourish. And I'm glad that's an old costume. I was never a fan of the half-one-thing-half-another sort of costume and after quite a few years of so many people doing it , it's really becoming passe.

mia joy
09-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Sorry, John. Much as I love you, I still don't get it, vocals or no.

but the thing those pieces of music don't seem to match that easily is what's gonna make that dance interesting!! I just love the innovativeness and courage of this music choice. I'd rather have the Kerrs connecting seemingly unconnectable things than another team doing some random tango music because of lack of better ideas. "the pieces are complimentary because they are so different", hell yeah, opposites attract!! ;) I mean it, have a little faith in these two, they never manage to disappoint us, do they?

casken
09-07-2010, 12:46 AM
but the thing those pieces of music don't seem to match that easily is what's gonna make that dance interesting!! I just love the innovativeness and courage of this music choice. I'd rather have the Kerrs connecting seemingly unconnectable things than another team doing some random tango music because of lack of better ideas. "the pieces are complimentary because they are so different", hell yeah, opposites attract!! ;) I mean it, have a little faith in these two, they never manage to disappoint us, do they?

Yes they do. Every season they do not live up to the hype at all, neither technically or stylistically.

Obviously, JMO.

Also, just sticking two random pieces of music isn't innovative in itself.

Valentina
09-07-2010, 01:30 AM
[/B]

Yes they do. Every season they do not live up to the hype at all, neither technically or stylistically.

Obviously, JMO.

Also, just sticking two random pieces of music isn't innovative in itself.

agree, casken..lets get out of here before the :lynch: haha

~tapdancer~
09-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Sorry to say this but the thought of anyone skating to that Ting Ting song is...well, let's just say it sends a shiver down my spine. And not in a good way. I do like the Kerrs...but am not optimistic over this.

mia joy
09-07-2010, 06:21 PM
[/B]Yes they do. Every season they do not live up to the hype at all, neither technically or stylistically.

yep, well, I didn't mean technical side of their performances, just to be clear. it is obvious that they lack in some elements, but in the area of ideas and emotion of their dances, they're like no other team, IMO.
so you really were disappointed with their dances last season? the OD was full of energy, funny, great (yes innovative too) idea, the FD was emotional and one of the best last season (artistically) and their ex was a real jewel! but well, that's just how I see it.

and hey, I'm not gonna :lynch: on anyone, I'm just a bit surprised to see no many negative comments about that music choice, cause to me it seems so intriguing and cool :cool: just makes me sure I won't get bored at least during one SD next season :P

Autumn_girl
09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Adelina Sotnikova (RUS)
SP: Selection of Waltzes by Johann Strauss (kept)
LP: Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Camille Saint-Saens

equatorial
09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Mao's SP, performed for the first time at Artistry On Ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8SD536-8As&hd=1

This is the worst trivialization of great music I've ever witnessed. And I'm a fan of Mao. This tango is sinister, rotten and depraved, and she's doing a ridiculously "sensual" routine. Everything is wrong about this programme, the costume, the choreography, the mood. Who is responsible for this atrocity?

MysticHaze
09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Madame Tarasova of course!:TT1:

Sylvia
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Kristine Musademba (USA) - Cup of China
SP Music: "Clair De Lune" by Claude Debussy (last season's)
FS Music: Selections from "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" soundtrack composed by Craig Armstrong and AR Rahman
Choreographers: Uschi Keszler (SP), Phillip Mills (FS)

Jenna
09-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Love Kristine's selections. :cheer: