PDA

View Full Version : "Two tickets to Dublin!" Travel advice, please?

Pages : 1 [2]

Mozart
08-20-2010, 05:46 AM
I like the name for the spire- the stiffy on the liffey:)

allezfred
08-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Mermaid in a Fountain - aka the Floozie in the Jacuzzi

This was removed a few years back to make room for the Spire. Apparently, it'll have a new home opposite the National Museum at Collins Barracks. Can't remember seeing it there the last time I visited though.

I like the name for the spire- the stiffy on the liffey:)

There's a load of them - stiletto in the ghetto, the nail in the Pale, the pin in the bin, the erection at the intersection...

smurfy
08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Back when I was there in the early 90s there was a newer statute of James Joyce (I think). The owner of my B&B was hilarious, as he listed off the names of the statutues, then with James Joyce, he was like - huh, there must be a name for it. He was an older gentlemen and was so cute, embarassed like he did not know something simple.
Again, as anywhere in Ireland, it is the people that make it wonderful. (But then again, I have a very common Irish last name, which always gets a welcome!)

poths
08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Jackie Next week...WHEEEEEEEE

Sa Sherka the week after. Woot!

allezfred
08-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Back when I was there in the early 90s there was a newer statute of James Joyce (I think). The owner of my B&B was hilarious, as he listed off the names of the statutues, then with James Joyce, he was like - huh, there must be a name for it. He was an older gentlemen and was so cute, embarassed like he did not know something simple.

The prick with the stick...

SaSherka
08-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Whee! 2 weeks until the debauchery... jolly good times! :rollin:

allezfred
08-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Was getting my bus home this evening from near the Customs House and the Samuel Beckett bridge and new Dublin ferris wheel at the Point looked deadly. :eek:

SaSherka
09-02-2010, 04:47 AM
I seem to have the unfortunate luck of getting sick within a week of going on overseas trips... My packing has been pushed to the T minus 18 hours before the flight :lol:
On the positive side, I see that the weather forecast is getting sunnier :)

Jackie Sparrow
09-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Was getting my bus home this evening from near the Customs House and the Samuel Beckett bridge and new Dublin ferris wheel at the Point looked deadly. :eek: It was nice indeed :)

Artemis@BC
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Wow, I'm jealous. I've been to England and Wales several times, and I've lived in Scotland ... but haven't yet managed to make it to the Emerald Isle. It is on my to-do list, though, so I've saved all this info for future reference. Have a fabulous trip!