PDA

View Full Version : America's Next Top Model Cycle 15

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

all_empty
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
The CW has started posting clips from the new season:

Here is the really skinny girl that I mentioned before (they taped the final audition round in Palm Springs a few months ago). The rest of her family is tall and thin too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZrkTWVCmg

Contrast with the girl with the 30G bust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJI2o1TSTFM

danceronice
08-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Ye gods, did that first girl's parents corset her as a child? Or did she have her floating ribs removed? Tall and thin is one thing, but damn, girl. Her pelvis and torso look mismatched. More practically, will that not screw up her ability to fit into samples? Her proportions are NOT normal for sizing purposes.

genevieve
08-12-2010, 07:00 PM
IS ANTM just looking for the most bizarrely proportioned girls they can find now?

Bonita
08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I just got hooked on this show Cycle 14, loved it (though not who won). Then I watched Cycle 13 when they showed that right after and just finished a marathon of Cycle 7. I can't wait until September 8th.

That said, that girl with the smallest waist is scary skinny. And I wonder if the boozabas are real on the other girl or Dow Corning?

I was reading the bios for some of the Cycle 7 finalists, 5'10" and 115 pounds is really, really scary to me. I weighed 115 at one point and I'm 5'8" and I looked like a scarecrow.

danceronice
08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I was reading the bios for some of the Cycle 7 finalists, 5'10" and 115 pounds is really, really scary to me. I weighed 115 at one point and I'm 5'8" and I looked like a scarecrow.

Well, that's what the fashion industry wants--the more underweight, the better. So long as they're tall, of course.

Stormy
08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, that's what the fashion industry wants--the more underweight, the better. So long as they're tall, of course.

Yes, but that girl in the video is too thin. Way too thin. She's defintiely less than a size 0, and she wouldn't fit into designer sample sizes. I remember when a designed commented Fatima was too thin a few cycles ago and this chick is way skinner than Fatima.

I do keep watching, but at this point ANTM is such a joke. Tyra doesn't pick models. You don't get a real modeling career out of winning ANTM so I don't know why girls keep bothering to try out.

Japanfan
08-13-2010, 10:33 PM
You don't get a real modeling career out of winning ANTM so I don't know why girls keep bothering to try out.

A $100,000 contract with Cover Girl, a spread in 17 Magazine, and whatever else is given to the winner (there is usually something with an agency). I may have mixed up the prizes - I tend to tune them as Tyra lists them over and over again - but they are certainly give potential candidates the motivation to try out and compete.

Satellitegirl
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/19/americas-next-top-model-cycle-15-meet-the-contestants/

Starts tonight! :)

Some of these girls, pardon me for saying, look like they got smacked with the ugly stick.

Kayla and Jane are my picks....so look for them to be out in the first 3 weeks.

And one of the girls chose "my car" for if trapped on an island. Bright one, there.

danceronice
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
A $100,000 contract with Cover Girl, a spread in 17 Magazine, and whatever else is given to the winner (there is usually something with an agency). I may have mixed up the prizes - I tend to tune them as Tyra lists them over and over again - but they are certainly give potential candidates the motivation to try out and compete.

Yep, though I honestly don't recall ever seeing the winning Cover Girl ads. CG mostly likes to use actresses like Drew Barrymore.

But a contract with [whichever agency it is this time] at least means a shot at working--not supermodel status, but jobs and therefore income.

Wow, apparently this time the prize is not 17, it's Vogue Italia......and forget "my car", how about the genius who'd bring her hot comb?

Nomad
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Sigh. This bunch looks like: "Dozens of girls from all over the neighborhood auditioned for the chance to become ANTM." Oh, well. At least we don't have the Token "Short" Girl this time around.

Stormy
09-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Well, at least I have something to watch now that MIOBI is over! :) The two sisters competing against each other might bring some draaaaaaaama. Those look like the plainest, most boring crop of hamsters yet.

Allen
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Sigh. This bunch looks like: "Dozens of girls from all over the neighborhood auditioned for the chance to become ANTM." Oh, well. At least we don't have the Token "Short" Girl this time around.

I didn't think so, in fact, when I went to the CWTV site and looked at the photos, I definitely thought this was the most modely looking group I'd seen on there. Also, these girls are glamazons, they're definitely going for tall as there is only one girl below 5'9

AYS
09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Horrendous lineup IMO, though I'll acknowledge, it could just be that the photos are horrible.

Nomad
09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
They look better on the CW site (except for that horrific thing Anamaria is wearing, it makes her look like she's got huge granny boobs). I'm ruling out the sisters and the moms (Sara and Liz). I think one of these girls is the Honor Student stereotype (Jane?) so I'm ruling her out, too.

Satellitegirl
09-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Holy crap....was just looking at the pictures on the CW site, and Ann needs to eat something. She looks like she's a starving child from Ethiopia.

After seeing those photos I'm sticking with Kayla, Jane, and adding Rhianna and maybe Esther as favorites. I like Liz too, but she's another mom...so we'll see.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-next-top-model/photos/005857708f9 link to photos on the site.

Rhianna reminds me of Eva Green (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1200692/) She's beautiful IMO. Something tells me Rhianna's personality is going to spoil her looks though lol