PDA

View Full Version : 2010 US Mens Gymnastics World Team

Pages : 1 [2]

haribobo
08-14-2010, 11:49 PM
That's exactly the lineup I have, HisWeirness. And a pretty darn good one if they all stay healthy. I think all of these guys besides Cameron could medal on an event...not sure where Chris' pommel would rank him but the top 3 scores at worlds in that event last year were 16.2, 16.0, and 15.4.

LKR
08-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks for all of your analysis Haribobo. I think the World team selection is quite logical: while the PH lineup will be very weak, the other five events are excellent. I have to eat my words about Leyva not deserving a spot, largely because of parallel bars. So many athletes who are talented there (notably Cameron and Ruggeri) did not deliver on that apparatus either day. This meant that Leyva, the most talented PB worker in the nation IMO, was suitable for the spot despite not being a contributor to the team on FX/SR/VT. He definitely adds to the team on HB as well, and he will likely now do PH in TF. Brooks also solidfied his spot via PB as well. If Brooks's feet are not giving him so many problems by Worlds, he could do FX in TF, as he was the top scorer on that event at American Cup. Wynn may actually only do one event in TF. His FX and PB are both a little behind Horton's, but his SR is an extremely big and reliable gain to the team. Cameron had one of his worst events in memory but did well enough on PH/SR to warrant a spot. Horton could very likely do AA in TF, but team competitions seem to fuel Horton more than any other, so I don't see that as being a huge issue.

haribobo
08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Props once again to FSU for a job well done. We basically correctly predicted the team + alternate. Good luck to this great team at Worlds! And to all the other dudes who just missed the team at the Pan Am games. Nice for them to have a shot at a back-up Worlds.

HeatherC
08-18-2010, 04:16 AM
I'm a big Brandon Wynn fan (love watching Big Ten gymnastics) so I'm really happy that he did so well this past weekend and made the world team. He's a really good guy in addition to being a solid gymnast. I actually like all six of the guys a lot this year. That's a great team we're sending to Worlds! :cheer:

danafan
08-18-2010, 04:25 AM
I'm a huge Brandon Wynn fan after seeing him compete live at the championships. I particularly love his PB routine - check out the super cool skill at about 0:19 into this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byNrcnXYcw

I saw this the first night, had no idea who I was watching, then made sure to find out who had done the skill on night two and voila.