PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Na Kim's "All That Skate LA" Oct. 2-3 at Staples Center

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45

elanor
10-11-2010, 11:40 PM
I haven't seen many of stephane's older programs. so I'm kind of shocked you'd call his spins slower..I mean they varied but at certain parts his spins were insane...like faster than I'd ever seen anyone else do..anymore and there'd be brain damage. any link to what are supposed to be his spins at their peak?

I came to really appreciate Stephane's spins thanks to fan videos like this one from the last weak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqDFNaBYXw

They ruin it on TV most of the time. It seems TV camera and presentation is helpless against this kind of ability to spin for half a minute with such great speed and centering because there shoudn't be any cuts and changing angles.

This program from 2004 would be example of very good spinning, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQvdSG5phmE

But it was before CoP that messed up with his spins making them slower with edge changes. They are better in shows, in general.

Anita18
10-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Funny sidebar, on Sunday's show I sat a few seats front from a college-age couple, it looked like the girlfriend dragged her man to the show because he didn't seem particularly enthused being there. Then after Lambiel's WT, I heard very loud whistles/ cheers in my immediate back. I turned around to see the couple, including the previously bored boyfriend, standing up cheering like maniacs. I quickly glanced at him but I think I embarrassed him by making him think oh crap I just stomped my feet for a skating dude. :lol:
That might have been us, but I actually don't remember if my bf stood for Stephane or not. He was definitely not particularly enthused about being there, especially during the second half. :rofl:

He did miss Stephane's quad though. :lynch:

I did enjoy both Patrick and Stephane. Stephane's definitely more of a showman (his flirty eyebrows during his first number had me in STITCHES :rofl: ), but Patrick's ability to push and pull each stroke is amazing to see live.

lakewood
10-12-2010, 03:43 AM
In his icenet interview, Joubrt talks about ATSS in Seoul, last summer.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101011&content_id=15574524&vkey=ice_news

icenetwork.com: What made you rebound then?
Brian Joubert: Skating exhibitions last summer in Korea was a great boost for me, something completely unique. You have to live it by yourself. I do not think there is one other place on earth where you can live the same thing. Even when I skate at home in France, it is not the same. The show Yu-Na Kim produced was just unique, one dimension higher than everywhere else. The audience was special. The atmosphere was special, we even had fireworks. Even the way I was taken in charge was special: I was offered to travel first class!

Once I was there, I got the feeling that I was like a pop star. I must admit that I felt really good. I really wanted to skate well throughout. It boosted me tremendously and helped me come back this season. Such events give you the will to keep going and get results. If you do not have results, you are not invited there anymore!

DreamSkates
10-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Was able to watch it and enjoyed every second! I am not going to read posts here so nothing will ruin the moments for me, of Yuna and Michelle skating together, of all the other skaters having a blast and doing some wonderful skating! Great way to start the season for me.

luCN
10-12-2010, 04:02 AM
the NBC version is much better than the SBS one.pity that they only broadcast half:(

Satellitegirl
10-12-2010, 04:54 AM
I came to really appreciate Stephane's spins thanks to fan videos like this one from the last weak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqDFNaBYXw

wow. awesome. :wideeyes:

Bostonfan
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I like MK's "Winter" number, but kept getting distracted every time her skating dress puckered under her arms. It probably looked good on paper, but the design did not really work for skating IMO. Still it was nice to see her skating after so long away from the ice.

Shaia
10-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Yuna and Michelle in New York right now attending the Sportswoman of the Year banquet.

And the breaking news is that Yuna just won the award!!!

Lookingood
10-13-2010, 02:09 AM
yea i saw the Picture taken together Michelle and Yu-na, They both looks so Beautiful.:swoon:

candle15
10-13-2010, 02:21 AM
the NBC version is much better than the SBS one.pity that they only broadcast half:(

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you!!! :rolleyes:

:lynch: SBS

Lookingood
10-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Yea NBC version was way way better!
I was looking for lambiel's "Willhelm tell" peformance guess NBC didnt show it.

query5
10-13-2010, 03:42 PM
i agree, i was nitpicking--
but some of you are nitpicking as well.
i agree, but some of us when we watch a show does that.
we tend to remember how they skate competitive and kinda of notice the difference of how they skate in shows.
nitpicking yes, but does show they don't skate the same in shows.
should they skate at same high level, maybe, maybe not.
we just want to see them skate their best at all times in shows, tours and competition.

RD
10-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Anyone know when the ratings will become known? IMO, it would be interesting to compare the ratings for this show with the ratings for other skating shows throughout the season.

Here are the weekend overnights from Sports Media Watch (scroll to the bottom table under "Other")

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2010/10/weekend-overnights.html

So ATS did a 0.5, which is actually lower than what some of the Disson shows have gotten in the past.

attyfan
10-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Here are the weekend overnights from Sports Media Watch (scroll to the bottom table under "Other")

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2010/10/weekend-overnights.html

So ATS did a 0.5, which is actually lower than what some of the Disson shows have gotten in the past.

Interesting... looks like the Equestrian games didn't do all that well, either. I hope that the Disson shows do better ... or next year, we may get "football on ice" (or we get nothing at all).

VIETgrlTerifa
10-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Granted, I don't watch much television, but from the tv I did watch, was ATS advertised much at all?

I mean not that the Equestrian games were advertised that much either.