PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Na Kim's "All That Skate LA" Oct. 2-3 at Staples Center

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45

Lacey
10-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I had forgotten what a nice toepoint Michelle, or any skater in fact, has. Most of the newer skaters do not have it. I think I noticed it in relation to going into a spin, will have to rewatch. She also has great posture and arms.

iarispiralllyof
10-11-2010, 02:20 AM
someone posted good quality clips on youtube already of the nbc show

I never liked the "no one" program but nbc's edits are GREAT! it looks so vibrant and beautiful and michelle is so sexy and sweet :D

RunnersHigh
10-11-2010, 02:46 AM
someone posted good quality clips on youtube already of the nbc show

I never liked the "no one" program but nbc's edits are GREAT! it looks so vibrant and beautiful and michelle is so sexy and sweet :D

I know who the someone is! :lol:

Here's the channel link. http://www.youtube.com/user/AB1111111111111111AB

And HD it is!!! :encore:

museksk8r
10-11-2010, 02:56 AM
I think Jeremy tweeted that he had to turn down an invite because he could not do so many shows back to back. . . .
It could be a case like Jeremy was invited but had training commitments?

Jeremy has been having major boot fitting problems and it has caused him to lose A LOT of training time. He has expressed concern over this on his twitter page.

REO
10-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Kudos to ATS for purchasing time on NBC, it was like reliving last weekend's wonderful shows.

My guilty pleasure on both the live and broadcast was the BBoy Battle. Patrick and Stephane were so good in them. Stephane such a strong dancer you can't help but watch him over the others during group numbers. He's definitely a complete package skater and it's ridiculous how he oozes charisma. Glad to see that translate onto tv as well.

I so agree about Stephane. He and Patrick did songs in the same genre but Stephane just shone like it was natural for him. Patrick seemed a little forced as far as attitude. Lambiel IS the complete package.
It was a shame that Johnny was hurt. You could see everything was pulled back. I did like that he was the only one besides YuNa and Michelle that talked and I liked the way they announced him lol but Steph stole the show for me.

L'amour
10-11-2010, 03:17 AM
I so agree about Stephane. He and Patrick did songs in the same genre but Stephane just shone like it was natural for him. Patrick seemed a little forced as far as attitude. Lambiel IS the complete package.
It was a shame that Johnny was hurt. You could see everything was pulled back. I did like that he was the only one besides YuNa and Michelle that talked and I liked the way they announced him lol but Steph stole the show for me.

It was the first time that I saw him rigth in fron of me haha. He is amazing! what a presence on ice.

Lacey
10-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Patrick seemed a little forced as far as attitude. Lambiel IS the complete package.

To me, there was something wrong with the jacket Patrick wore in his solo. It was bulky and in the way.

Phoenix347
10-11-2010, 03:34 AM
To me, there was something wrong with the jacket Patrick wore in his solo. It was bulky and in the way.

It doesn't matter, his skating skills are so awesome... it's to die for. It's even greater than Stephane's.

iarispiralllyof
10-11-2010, 03:39 AM
personally stephane > patrick for me :P

after watching most of the clips I have to say NBC's camera angles and sound quality are endlessly better
yu-na & michelle are so adorable together <3
the show was just so alive and although I was afraid to see how cheezy the "boy battle" would be but I actually really liked it! I'll admit sth, whenever people kept on going on about how yu-na's shows were revolutionary and fresh, I kind of rolled my eyes in the past because really we've had more youthful pop songs used in skating shows before and adding an LED screen doesn't exactly make a show, but after watching the nbc version I see how wrong I was. just looking at how this entire show was put together, it is just so polished and young and lively. for some reason the sbs version was so "sleepy" in comparison. and I'm glad they included that singer at the end

I would die to have nbc's edits of some of the pieces that were cut, such as stephane and johnny's other pieces

I do love how the nbc show was michelle centric too ;) I really hope it does relatively well in ratings to encourage such shows in the future

RunnersHigh
10-11-2010, 03:46 AM
ITA. NBC >>>>>>> :wall: >>>>> SBS.

But, I forgot it was live what SBS aired. So I love them both in conclusion. :P

attyfan
10-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Anyone know when the ratings will become known? IMO, it would be interesting to compare the ratings for this show with the ratings for other skating shows throughout the season.

iarispiralllyof
10-11-2010, 04:14 AM
oh you're right runnershigh! sbs' was live. that explains everything, of course this one would be more polished.

attyfan, what other skating shows were even broadcast recently in the US? I must be out of the loop because I thought skating shows on a major network had been nonexistent for years? I don't think it would be fair to compare to say, 90's or early 2000's shows as skating in the US has declined so much not to mention less people are watching tv by the day. and I don't think there was much promotion for this show at all :(

RD
10-11-2010, 04:14 AM
Anyone know when the ratings will become known? IMO, it would be interesting to compare the ratings for this show with the ratings for other skating shows throughout the season.

I think it will be typical for NBC's skating shows...usually anywhere from 0.9 to 1.3.

That said, Sports Media Watch (one of the blogs I frequent) USED to have weekend sports ratings up by mid-week, but lately it's been taking longer...and lately only ratings for the major sports are being reported.

RD
10-11-2010, 04:16 AM
attyfan, what other skating shows were even broadcast recently in the US? I must be out of the loop because I thought skating shows on a major network had been nonexistent for years? I don't think it would be fair to compare to say, 90's or early 2000's shows as skating has declined so much not to mention less people are watching tv by the day. and I don't think there was much promotion for this show at all :(

Each year we still get the Disson shows (about 9 of them per season), plus Skate America and US Nationals...and this season we'll be getting taped coverage of some of the GPs and the GPF. While it's not as much coverage as was offered 10 years ago, it's still more than we got in 2008 after the ESPN deal ended.

Dare I say it here, but I still think there is plenty of skating offered on TV for those who are interested...

iarispiralllyof
10-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Each year we still get the Disson shows (about 9 of them per season), plus Skate America and US Nationals...and this season we'll be getting taped coverage of some of the GPs and the GPF. While it's not as much coverage as was offered 10 years ago, it's still more than we got in 2008 after the ESPN deal ended.

wow I've been totally clueless! then again I only started to heavily follow skating this year. no wonder why. I remember as a kid in the 90's skating was everywhere on tv for a few months of the year..
no worlds' though?

I would be disappointed if this only did as well as a typical disson show, this is sooo much better than most shows of the past