PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Na Kim's "All That Skate LA" Oct. 2-3 at Staples Center

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45

Norlite
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
((((Stephane)))))))

amaro
10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
So I was one of the lucky ones that got to ask a question during the Q&A session the preceded the dress rehearsal.

I asked Michelle and Yuna for baby name suggestions, since I had found out just a few days earlier that I'm having a little girl. :)

Michelle suggested "Juliette", which has received such a positive response from non-skating fan friends that it's actually becoming a front runner. It also matches up well with my last name.

That just might end up being the most memorable part of this great show for me. ;)

I was there at the rehearsal and wondered what the questioner might think of the skaters' suggestions. Now I know. :) Congratulations for your baby AnnM.

I was there at the show for both days and Yuna's bulletproof and Michelle's Winter song brought the house down along with Lambiel's Wilhelm Tell. Understandable because over 80% of the audience was women. ;)

Pity that NBC didn't show performances from the second day because that was when the skaters' performances really took off. Lambiel's awesome Wilhelm Tell, Yuna's glorious Meditation de Thais, Voir's I wanna hold your hand with a clean lift... I preferred Michelle's performances from the second day as well.

RunnersHigh
10-10-2010, 10:24 PM
So I was one of the lucky ones that got to ask a question during the Q&A session the preceded the dress rehearsal.

I asked Michelle and Yuna for baby name suggestions, since I had found out just a few days earlier that I'm having a little girl. :)

Michelle suggested "Juliette", which has received such a positive response from non-skating fan friends that it's actually becoming a front runner. It also matches up well with my last name.

That just might end up being the most memorable part of this great show for me. ;)

What a great! Congrats!
Hope both you and baby stay healthy! ;)

Iceman
10-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Has Johnny already lost his jumps----in poker face he did one jump, a single axel I believe. The show was ok, but not as spectacular as I had expected from reports here.
I wonder if this is the last time Michelle will skate. She certainly didn't look like she had been away for years. I was disappointed too that they chacked the performance of the United States' next national champion.:)

amaro
10-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Cute footage of Yuna & Michelle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6w2i4sG5Pc

Sparks
10-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Ooops. Double post.

Sparks
10-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Johnny was injured during practice. He hurt his hip.
I won't grumble about who/what got chacked. I'm thankful NBC televised the show and Michelle's 2 numbers. She looked so happy. :encore:
Pretty good for an old, creaky, chunky, has-been woman. :D

Karpenko
10-11-2010, 12:05 AM
1080P HD cam verison of Kim & Kwan Hero:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGU3DkizAOI

and their Hero rehearsal before the show (with a funny moment:)):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqwaNW3AOWw

:lol: That was so cute :)

It's so nice to see how much respect and love people in the US still have for Michelle, seeing how the audience was with her its like she never left.

Now please do more of these, as egotistical as it may sound for one person to revive pro skating, I really think Michelle could be the one to do it. She is just so well connected and knows her shit.

More than anything I want her to skate more, the more she skates the better she gets and without any crapple crapple combinations and my leg is a slinkie-spins to worry about, she could come up with some :eek: programs if she really set her mind to it.

iarispiralllyof
10-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I've been reading twitter comments about michelle from ppl who saw the show, it's not just skating fans but some ppl who just caught it on tv coincidentally, and it's about how much they love michelle.

brings me back to the old days :) :(

kwanette
10-11-2010, 12:25 AM
I was disappointed too that they chacked the performance of the United States' next national champion.:)

That's too bad. I like Mirai.

UMBS Go Blue
10-11-2010, 01:07 AM
That's too bad. I like Mirai.EYS. Too bad the next U.S. National champion wasn't even at the show. Unless Michelle is returning this year to win her 10th. :cheer2:

rfisher
10-11-2010, 01:17 AM
EYS. Too bad the next U.S. National champion wasn't even at the show. Unless Michelle is returning this year to win her 10th. :cheer2:

In my perfect world, that's a big yes. :D She NEEDS 10 national championships. It's a nice even number.

Lanie
10-11-2010, 01:19 AM
AnnM, if my husband and I have a daughter, we want to name her Juliet! :lol: It is a gorgeous name, isn't it?

I missed it 'cause I was at church but meh, I watched all the videos on YouTube...

Sinclare
10-11-2010, 01:22 AM
I think there were scheduling conflicts with the show. Mirai w/d from the Japan Open on the same dates, Rachael, Evan, and a list of others were at the Skate/Gymnastics Dission show, Jourbert was at French Masters, Plushenko, Buttle, Rippon, and Joannie were at the Japan Open. I think Jeremy tweeted that he had to turn down an invite because he could not do so many shows back to back.
Given the time of year with so much happening on the same date I think they still managed to compile an impressive cast in very little time. I was surprised that Caroline Zhang wasn't in it. I think she is represented by the same management as Michelle? It could be a case like Jeremy was invited but had training commitments?

portia
10-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Kudos to ATS for purchasing time on NBC, it was like reliving last weekend's wonderful shows.

My guilty pleasure on both the live and broadcast was the BBoy Battle. Patrick and Stephane were so good in them. Stephane such a strong dancer you can't help but watch him over the others during group numbers. He's definitely a complete package skater and it's ridiculous how he oozes charisma. Glad to see that translate onto tv as well.