PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Na Kim's "All That Skate LA" Oct. 2-3 at Staples Center

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

BittyBug
10-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Thank you, thank you for the videos!

Among so many great performances, it's something to say that Kwan stood out. I thought she was A-MA-ZING in Winter Song - completely mesmerizing.

What an incredible show, and I hope they do come through with a repeat next year. This is what a skating show should be. :kickass:

RD
10-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Man, with all the ranting and raving over this show, I do hope that maybe ATS will explore doing a show on the east coast as well.

eyh201
10-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Whoa!! My friends are twitting that "Today is even better than yesterday!"
Yu-Na cleaned "Meditation for Thais" and Lambiel also did clean "Wilhelm Tell Overture". SO, SO and SO continually!! What a show! :encore:

Following the report, no Camera was seen around the venue from NBC or SBS, but fan cams may be accessible sooner or later. And it's not over yet.

ETA: Report reads "Long long SO to MK" and "Yu-Na just cleaned her Bulletproof again!"

Is the fan cams the only way to see the 2nd night performance? Hmm...

RunnersHigh
10-04-2010, 03:39 AM
The second half was so epic! Did my eyes deceive me or did Stephane do a quad during William Tell? His face was completely :D :D :D afterwards haha. Talk about being on - both his numbers were so exuberant.

I also really loved Patrick's Coldplay program. When he really gets going, it looks like he's flying. It's a real treat to watch.

Michelle's first program was mleh but Winter Song was vintage Michelle we all love. It was great to see her back. Yuna's first program was lovely too.

Dinner's here so that will have to do for now :lol:
Yeah, they said it was 4T as choreographed. ;)

And I also luuuuuve Chan's programs. He really is flying on the ice with so much speed and with deep edges. I also love his silly falling usually during the step sequences and slipping off the ice especially in front of a trash can. JKJK ;) "Time to say goodbye" is my favorite one.

Hope Michelle performs "Carmina Burana" next time.

meteor16
10-04-2010, 03:58 AM
I also love his silly falling usually during the step sequences and slipping off the ice especially in front of a trash can

same here ~ :lol: :lol: :D
Thanks~ RunnersHigh.

riveredge
10-04-2010, 04:12 AM
I hope they do this show annually or maybe a tour in the future. Hide from Speedy now....:EVILLE:

meteor16
10-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Some articles for the show

http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/ats.shtml
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101003&content_id=15379862&vkey=ice_news

RunnersHigh
10-04-2010, 05:17 AM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101003&content_id=15379862&vkey=ice_news

2010 All That Skate Los Angeles will air SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET.
Guys!!! We got extra 30 mins! :encore:

BittyBug
10-04-2010, 05:34 AM
I just programmed my TiVo tonight and it's still showing 90 minutes.

calbskate
10-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Wow...what a great show!!! Of all live skating shows I've seen (not a lot),this one was probably the best...especially the quality of skating!

Shen and Zhao were AMAZING! Turandot program actually brought tears to my eyes...knowing their history and struggle together

I think Stephane did a QUAD right in front of me...I don't think I was dreaming??...He was so happy afterwards...This guy is just amazing!

Johnny's first program was sooooo good...Standing ovation in my area. Maybe he was a little tired in second half...but then again he had to follow Shen and Zhao's amazing number...but I dont think anyone could have done much better.

Patrick Chan just floated on the ice...wow...never saw him live before today...now I kind of get why his PCS scores are so high.

The boys number was so funny...I think Scott Moir accidentally tripped in front of the stage but played it off nicely. Johnny weir's face and moves in this number were just so priceless...there's only one Johnny!

And then there was Michelle...the wintersong was so emotional! Her facial expressions were soooo michelle (for lack of a better adjective)...I think she was a little unhappy with the Noone where she popped an axel. She looked so determined to land the jumps...and they were beautiful!

It was kinda disheartening that the arena was not full. I don't know about Saturday. Hopefully they will have it again next year!

reut
10-04-2010, 05:57 AM
This YouTube channel had the whole (or almost?) show in HD quality:
http://www.youtube.com/user/atsla1002

riveredge
10-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Wow...what a great show!!! Of all live skating shows I've seen (not a lot),this one was probably the best...especially the quality of skating!

Shen and Zhao were AMAZING! Turandot program actually brought tears to my eyes...knowing their history and struggle together

I think Stephane did a QUAD right in front of me...I don't think I was dreaming??...He was so happy afterwards...This guy is just amazing!

Johnny's first program was sooooo good...Standing ovation in my area. Maybe he was a little tired in second half...but then again he had to follow Shen and Zhao's amazing number...but I dont think anyone could have done much better.

Patrick Chan just floated on the ice...wow...never saw him live before today...now I kind of get why his PCS scores are so high.

The boys number was so funny...I think Scott Moir accidentally tripped in front of the stage but played it off nicely. Johnny weir's face and moves in this number were just so priceless...there's only one Johnny!

And then there was Michelle...the wintersong was so emotional! Her facial expressions were soooo michelle (for lack of a better adjective)...I think she was a little unhappy with the Noone where she popped an axel. She looked so determined to land the jumps...and they were beautiful!

It was kinda disheartening that the arena was not full. I don't know about Saturday. Hopefully they will have it again next year!

Actually, Staples Center can occupy around 17,000 plus people. A little bit of info.. the capacity or the tickets they sell available for this show only covered around 10,000. That's why the arena was not full, just to be fair.

riveredge
10-04-2010, 06:16 AM
This YouTube channel had the whole (or almost?) show in HD quality:
http://www.youtube.com/user/atsla1002

Thanks for posting this :watch:

mrinalini
10-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Actually, Staples Center can occupy around 17,000 plus people. A little bit of info.. the capacity or the tickets they sell available for this show only covered around 10,000. That's why the arena was not full, just to be fair.

:lol:

Jarrett
10-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Actually, Staples Center can occupy around 17,000 plus people. A little bit of info.. the capacity or the tickets they sell available for this show only covered around 10,000. That's why the arena was not full, just to be fair.I think that is actually worse that there were still soooo many empty seat when the arena's capacity was actually reduced by almost half. :o Oh well, I enjoyed the Saturday show.