PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Na Kim's "All That Skate LA" Oct. 2-3 at Staples Center

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

savina
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Maybe it's what you tried to open it with? I tried to open it with my ipod and that didn't work, it only worked on my computer.

I was using my iPad.
I'll try with my lap top then.
Thanks.:cool:

*Carol*
10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
great pics

http://www.universalsports.com/photos/galleryid=494777.html#all+that+skate+show+time

sunny_sari
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm a fan of Johnny Weir but hugly dissapointed. He doesn't seem to be a skater anymore. but I think skating world need that kind of skater. That sassy, karisma etc etc
What I liked him from today's skating was his acting. His acting is so good. I don't like semi professional acting of a skater on ice. Some skaters are just not talented at acting. Other than karisma, acting... huge dissapointment. He just don't practice. Such a unprofessional skating. I know it's show not competition. you can pop jumps. but it was not just a show. It was mega ice show. His 09 festa on ice skating was hugely much better. sad. But again, skating world is good to have him. His poker face skating made people exciting. It made the show more fun. He is entertaining so hugely better cast than Lysacek. haha
from Last All That Skate summer in S.Korea, I was not impressed by Kwan's skating but today, She was the only skater made me cry. Surprisingly I saw her tear too. I can not thank her enough. It was such a momorable moment of my life. Made my time watching it worth. I never loved her before but I love her now. Maybe lot's of other people will fall in love with her when it's airing on nbc. Too bad Johnny didn't realize it. He could have made lot's of people fall in love with him if he practiced. haha (joke)
Didn't like Bulletproof before but so liked it today. Today was a brilliant job. All that skate summer was not brilliant job. It's so fun, modern program. Meditation is good too. Yuna also has 'it' factor like Kwan. I saw something Yuna have better than Kwan. Hope she work on it to beat Kwan. Is it too much ask? haha. There's something in these both ladies. Today she made me assure that she will win more gold in the future.
It was a great show, great time.
oh, I didn't like Chan's skating at Oly but pretty bit fell in love with his skating.
I think he has improved a bit after Oly. especially jumps. Now I like him.

Johnny Weir is still very much a skater and I think we were watching two different shows because he was great in all of the group numbers and his own. He trains surprisingly almost daily and looked great in his shows last month in China and Japan. Apparently he had a crash landing on his hip in practice yesterday resulting in him looking slower and moving more hesitantly than usual in his programs. It's obvious in Poker Face and two of his jumps were off. That's not common for him. I think it's a testament to his skating that even despite his injury he looks pretty good.

mishieru07
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
It's dancing. literally.
effort, practice, athleticism etc is not same.

I can understand your sentiments about ice dancing (for a long time, I thought it was boring, OTT and trashy) and not liking V/M. However, as a dancer, I disagree with the comment that they don't put in as much effort/ practice or aren't as athletic.

Dancing looks deceptively easy. In reality, it demands a lot of fitness, practice and effort to look so polished. Please refrain from putting down dancers. It's difficult, just in a different sense compared to singles and pairs.

Runnershigh, THANK YOU!!!! :respec:

sap5
10-03-2010, 05:57 PM
There was once a clip where Sale and Pelletier talked about their program "Elite Syncopations" (choreographed by Christopher Dean). It had some ice dance moves in it, and they mentioned how they never had any idea how difficult ice dance was until they tried it. Wish I could find that clip again....

*Carol*
10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I can understand your sentiments about ice dancing (for a long time, I thought it was boring, OTT and trashy) and not liking V/M. However, as a dancer, I disagree with the comment that they don't put in as much effort/ practice or aren't as athletic.

Dancing looks deceptively easy. In reality, it demands a lot of fitness, practice and effort to look so polished. Please refrain from putting down dancers. It's difficult, just in a different sense compared to singles and pairs.

Runnershigh, THANK YOU!!!! :respec:

:respec:

reckless
10-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I went last night, taking my mother, who had only seen live skating once before, and my stepfather, who had never seen live skating before. Without a doubt, ATS-LA was the best show I've ever seen. From the quality of the skating, the variety of the numbers, and the production values, it was exceptional. It's too bad that NBC will have to chack a bunch of routines, because 90% of them were fabulous.

The high points for me were both Shen/Zhao numbers, both Lambiel routines, Weir's 'A Comme Amour', both Belbin/Agosto routines (the new routine is still a little rough and rather quiet, but it's a stunning dance), Michelle's 'Winter Song', Chan's 'Take Five,' and Savchenko & Szolkowy's 'Nella Fantasiz'. My mother came away from the show absolutely raving about Shen/Zhao and Lambiel. I nearly lost it when she said "Oh shit!" as Lambiel did the final spin in his first number.

The weakest numbers by far were Ashley Wagner's two routines. She just is not in the same league performance-wise as the other performers. (When Wagner finished her first routine, my mom commented on how hard it must be to have enough personality to fill the ice :lol:. Then S/S came out to do Barbie Girl.) I suspect that NBC will be playing up Wagner, which is a shame, because it means a far superior routine will be chacked.

I also thought Kwan's first number was pretty weak (mom's comment "she's dogging it"). The other meh numbers were both of V/M's (they are great technical dancers, but those numbers were boring); the B-Boy/Men's skaters (sorry, but it was lame); Weir's 'Poker Face' (I think that may because I've seen it too many times and it's mostly preening); and -- I know I'll be criticized for this -- Kim's 'Bulletproof' (I just found the music did not fit her well and she seemed kind of low energy for the music). Having said that, even the "meh" numbers were far superior to some of the numbers I saw on SOI and COI in recent years. I hope the SOI people take notice of the absence of GFBs in last night's performance and how people reacted to some of the classical routines.

LadyNit
10-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Very interesting comments, reckless. Sounds like you and your guests had a fab time (loved reading your mom's reactions).

I share your hope that SOI is paying attention to what made this show so great (absence of GFBs, etc.).

RD
10-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Sorry to ask this but what's "GFBs"?

LadyNit
10-03-2010, 06:56 PM
GFB = generic female ballad = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

reckless
10-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry to ask this but what's "GFBs"?
Generic Female Ballads.

RD
10-03-2010, 06:57 PM
:lol: oh ok. thanks

TanithandBenFan
10-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Was B/A's second number not shown on TV? That's the one I really wanted to see since it's new.

"Winter Song" was simply divine. MK still has IT.

REO
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I laughed out loud at reckless's mom's reaction to Stephane's spins. I think we've all said that at one time or another about his spins. He's beyond compare.

hongligl
10-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks so much for all the vedios! I enjoyed both numbers of Shen/Zhao and Lambiel's !!! S/Z could try another olympic if they would:) I love the background when they skated the "Who wants to live forever" program, all those lightnings resemble the movie scene of Highlanders, and their opening move looked inspired by the movie too:). Love the vocal by Queens too. Great package all the way to go with the great skating. Stephane could just walk on the ice and still holds the audience bonded to him. He's just such a great artist that he makes everything looks good. I'm delighted to see Patrick Chan did his quad like an easy triple!