PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Na Kim's "All That Skate LA" Oct. 2-3 at Staples Center

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

DeathDrop
09-07-2010, 02:17 AM
It would be just too much drama to handle. :)

Still shaking head at the drama that the guy produced, directed, and played with the indelible epilogue of revealing Kim's FS music without her consent out of bitterness. I can't imagine that the 50-year old guy with life's experience would shoot himself on the foot. He will be held accountable for this action for as long as he is in the coaching business.

All the indications are that he took gamble and lost as many people have done, and "sucking it up and leave" could have been the best way out for any guy in similar position, but he chose not to do it. That is a shame...

sorry for this somewhat off topic

amaro
09-07-2010, 02:24 AM
^ let's not.

I won't be surprised if Yuna decides to reveal one of her competition programs at the upcoming show. The event is her show debut in the US and something that would draw more attention wouldn't hurt.

They opened the official site for the show:

http://www.allthatskate.com/2010LA/index/

riveredge
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Yuna and Michelle will have a press conference later on.

riveredge
09-07-2010, 06:49 PM
From yuna's forum

Startin my mornin watching Yuna Kim and Michelle Kwan at an Ice Rink in Burbank
13 minutes ago via mobile web

ahh busy day today..a sneak peak & Photo op in the mornin w/Figure IceSkaters Michelle Kwan & Yuna Kim & later on 2nite GLEE season 2 Party about 8 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/Sthanlee

sk9tingfan
09-07-2010, 07:56 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100907&content_id=14395334&vkey=ice_news

skatingfan5
09-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Michelle will be skating to Winter Song in LA! :cheer2:

JerseySlore
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Cool! WS was a much better program than the ones she did this year:hat1:
Now, I hope Yu-Na will do one of her competitive numbers.

amaro
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Photo shoot of Yuna and Michelle:

http://twitpic.com/2m796w

Sinclare
09-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Maybe she could work with Brian Boitano . . . .

That suggestion sounds a bit mean spirited. I'm a long time lurker and I remember that Orser never objected to your "fan-hood" of Yuna or denied you access. You used to praise him. It is disappointing that now you make him out to be fame seeking ungrateful lunatic.
About Boitano... maybe he could work his magic on her like he did with Alissa Czisny? :rolleyes:

candle15
09-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Michelle will be skating to Winter Song in LA! :cheer2:

I love that number!!:rollin:

RunnersHigh
09-08-2010, 12:42 AM
SBS News! Interview & Training on the ICE. (http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_read.jsp?news_id=N1000792058)

FYI, Ads for 15 secs before the article. ;)

Iceman
09-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Oh, good, they invited the next US Ladies FS champion!

MikiAndoFan#1
09-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Oh, good, they invited the next US Ladies FS champion!

I sure hope so!

:cheer2:

bek
09-08-2010, 01:49 AM
That suggestion sounds a bit mean spirited. I'm a long time lurker and I remember that Orser never objected to your "fan-hood" of Yuna or denied you access. You used to praise him. It is disappointing that now you make him out to be fame seeking ungrateful lunatic.
About Boitano... maybe he could work his magic on her like he did with Alissa Czisny? :rolleyes:
I don't think Yu-na should go to Botiano. To bad though because Leaver might be a help.

But Lets not pretend that the Brians both got the same material to work with when it comes to Yu-na and Alissa. (In someways very opposite skaters) Yu-na was a great competitor, and great jumper before she worked with Orser. And Alissa already had ingrained horrific jumping technique and poor competition nerves. (way better spins/spirals and nice lines but still)

By the time Alissa went to Leaver and Botiano, I'm not sure what any coach could do to fix ingrained habits. And its not like they even got her full time, which is perhaps what it would have really taken. This being said of course just because Botiano was a great skater, doesn't mean he'd be a great coach. But lets not pretend that Yu-na wasn't a much easier job.

And that's not take away anything from Orser who is a tremendous coach.

I think that Yu-na training in LA makes sense right now given she has a show coming up, and she'll probably just move to wherever she finds a coach.

amaro
09-08-2010, 01:56 AM
I don't think Yu-na should go to Botiano. To bad though because Leaver might be a help.

But Lets not pretend that the Brians both got the same material to work with when it comes to Yu-na and Alissa. (In someways very opposite skaters) Yu-na was a great competitor, and great jumper before she worked with Orser. And Alissa already had ingrained horrific jumping technique and poor competition nerves. (way better spins/spirals and nice lines but still)

By the time Alissa went to Leaver and Botiano, I'm not sure what any coach could do to fix ingrained habits. This being said of course just because Botiano was a great skater, doesn't mean he'd be a great coach. But lets not pretend that Yu-na was a much easier job.

And that's not take away anything from Orser who is a tremendous coach.

I think that Yu-na training in LA makes sense right now given she has a show coming up, and she'll probably just move to wherever she finds a coach.

I think location would play a large role in her decision making. Life in LA for her would be a great blend of convenience, anonymity and a star life, and that combination might not be easy to let go, especially now when her serious competition days are behind her.