PDA

View Full Version : Russians, Please Help Me Get Accurate Information On Air Quality In Moscow/St Petersb

bardtoob
08-11-2010, 04:06 AM
Russians, please help me get accurate information on air quality in Moscow and St Petersburg. I am suppose to go in a two weeks, but I have insurance if I need to cancel for any reason so long as I do it by Aug 14. Also, if I do it enough in advance, I will have enough cash back to go on another vacation.

Ania
08-11-2010, 06:31 AM
My parents live in Moscow. They told me that today was the first day without smoke.

Anya
08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
AFAIK it's Ok in St. Petersburg (they have fog rather than smog there) and in Moscow is depends on the wind. South-eastern is the worst, but right now a forecast for the next couple of weeks says it will mostly be northern or western, which is a good news.

They also promise that the temperature will fall below 30C at the middle of the next week, but since they have promised pretty much the same thing for the past month or so (and we still have 32C with the promise of up to 35C today) it's a kind of :watch:

bardtoob
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I am going to have to :watch: