PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Aug 11/12 The Finale

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

pollyanna
08-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I had no trouble getting in for Lauren all night :(

Weird. For me, her line was busy up until about 3 minutes before the lines closed - at that point I got about 1/2 dozen votes in before it was all over.

Catherine M
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
My poor coworker is freaking out. We won't see the finale live here in New Orleans due to the fact that the Saints preseason game against New England is being shown on our local Fox station. I tried telling her watching it delayed later in the evening won't be that bad but she's still upset.

Holley Calmes
08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
And to whomever feels like a dirty old woman watching Robert, I feel that way with Pasha. I missed the season he was on and am now really, really regretting it. That boy is just smokin' hot!

I'm such a dirty old woman I have the hots for Robert AND Pasha. ;) Why settle for just one?

pixie cut
08-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I felt like the ultimate conspiracy theory person last night when I kept thinking TPTB let their feelings be known by assigning Kent a call in # that ended with 1, Lauren 2 and Robert 3.

That said, it seemed to me that the weight of expectation psyched Kent out. Both Lauren and Robert were better.

pollyanna
08-12-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm such a dirty old woman I have the hots for Robert AND Pasha. ;) Why settle for just one?

Truly. For me, it's Mark and Pasha. :swoon:

I thought the judges, Nigel especially, copped out on that last dance. Robert and Kent were not good in that tango, and the judges should have said so. Wimps.

pixie cut
08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I thought the judges, Nigel especially, copped out on that last dance. Robert and Kent were not good in that tango, and the judges should have said so. Wimps.

I thought the judges kind of copped out all night. That or I was watching something different than they were.

kappa_1
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
My poor coworker is freaking out. We won't see the finale live here in New Orleans due to the fact that the Saints preseason game against New England is being shown on our local Fox station. I tried telling her watching it delayed later in the evening won't be that bad but she's still upset.

Hey Catherine, thanks for letting me know! I just moved to NOLA two days ago, and didn't put two and two together. I guess I'll stream online.

Rob
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
We had another storm and no power so I fear I will not see the finale. If I miss it, I would love to hit someone up for a DVD and would pay for it!

Alex Twitch Hip hop spoiler I can't believe I might have gotten it right - it is Ellen DeGeneres according to SYTYCDism. Need to find my prediction post. And Alex will dance for a "quick second." http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2837188&postcount=125

genevieve
08-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Kent's Bollywood seemed easier than the other Bollywood numbers this season. There was nothing done on their knees at all (isn't that a feature of Bollywood) and it seemed more posing and spinning.
I agree that Kent got a lot of gymnastics moves that took up time that would have been spent doing more authentic Bollywood - but he did do those knee spins at the end of the routine.

I had no problem getting through to Lauren, but I never get a busy signal for anyone. West Coast doesn't care about SYTYCD :wuzrobbed

Aceon6
08-12-2010, 05:08 PM

I'm was freaking out, too, but our local CBS affiliate has the rights to this game. For New Englanders, it will be on BZ not Fox. My night is saved.

Aceon6
08-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Rob, I have no idea how you pulled EdG out of your head, but that was a GOOD ONE!

Catherine M
08-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey Catherine, thanks for letting me know! I just moved to NOLA two days ago, and didn't put two and two together. I guess I'll stream online.

Welcome to NOLA!

The Saints owner also owns the local FOX station so they are the main provider of all things Saints related, including preseason games. I'm just going to DVR the delayed SYTYCD finale at 10:30pm and watch it tomorrow night since streaming is not an option for me.

There is a couple of other preseason NFL games tonight besides the Saints/Pats game so anyone in an area with an NFL game tonight might want to check and make sure their FOX station didn't buy the local rights.

Rob
08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Rob, I have no idea how you pulled EdG out of your head, but that was a GOOD ONE!

They'd just announced she was leaving Idol, Nigel was going back to Idol, and she keeps having lots of SYTYCD dancers on her show - I saw the All stars on the other day. And of course she did the guest judge thing on SYTYCD too. And they way he said "Dance star" was a little snarky. So unless Paula Abdul said yes, I thought it would be a gag rather than a serious contender, so she just popped into my head.

mashenka82
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I thought Kent got a little hosed by the choreographers last night. I think Mandy Moore deserved to get blasted for that piece of crap she gave him and Lauren, I also thought the last routine (whatever it was called) with Robert was a hot mess, even in concept let alone how they danced. Wasn't that imrpessed with the Bollywood routine either, I think we've seen better choreographed routines already this season. I did like the Contemporary piece he did with Alison though. (but I have a secret love for Stacey Tookey - not so secret anymore I guess)

I completely agree with you! Kent is my fave of the top 3, and I don't think he stands a chance after last night because the dances he got were awful. I mean Bollywood was fun and it would have been fine if he then had the contemporary (which I thought was amazing!) and two other good dances. But then he had the dance with Lauren which was crap! Not that it wasn't danced well, but it was just blah from teh music to the choreography. The one with Robert was fine, but they were mismatched and it just seemed off to me...

I liked Robert and Lauren, but I also feel that somehow they got better dances/choreography than Kent and I'm a bit bitter about that.

Holley Calmes
08-12-2010, 07:47 PM
The one with Robert was fine, but they were mismatched and it just seemed off to me...

Yes-they're both nice dancers, but Robert looked like a tall, mature "man," and Kent looked like he was borrowing his Daddy's outsized clothes to play dress-up in. It was just wrong somehow. Not knocking Kent-love the kid. I do think he'll still probably win though.