PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Aug 11/12 The Finale

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

ngcskate
08-12-2010, 01:45 AM
I know Twitch and Mark are both dancing in the finale tomorrow night. Probably in the judges favourites routines.

rjblue
08-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Robert and Lauren- Dee Caspary- (That Home?)

Truly lovely happy choreography.

The way the pillow was incorporated in the dance was so seamless. Robert and Lauren seemed so connected to each other.

Mia says it was Robert's best dance of the season and I agree.

Kent and Lauren- Mandy Moore

Of all the great music out there she picks Huey Lewis- Hip to Be Square

The dance was very meh. Maybe I'd like it better on mute?

london_calling
08-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Kent and Lauren deserved better choreography than that. Why is Mandy Moore so obsessed with bad 80s music?

my little pony
08-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Huey Lewis? Mandy needs an intervention. And whoever said it wasnt challenging enough for the finale was right.

rjblue
08-12-2010, 02:08 AM
My goodness. Robert is just so devastatingly handsome. I'm a dirty old woman.

His solo was quirky but entertaining.

rjblue
08-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Kent and Allison- missed the song name

I think Kent overemoted with that, and for me that made it seem less real. Allison was really good in this, but it didn't come close to moving me the way some other tormented love pieces have.

*Sorry for the double posting. I'm used to this thread being much busier. :(

Lauren's solo- Mary J. Blige - I'm goin Down.

Same as she usually does, in cute red bootie shorts.

numbers123
08-12-2010, 02:17 AM
I actually fell asleep for a moment there. Adam screaming woke me up

my little pony
08-12-2010, 02:18 AM
is Mia wearing anal beads?

mindy74
08-12-2010, 02:18 AM
I actually fell asleep for a moment there. Adam screaming woke me up

:lol: And I had just been thinking "wow, Adam hasn't been annoying me tonight." Jinxed myself.

rjblue
08-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Robert and Kathryn- Spencer Liff -Cool, West Side Story

That was a great story piece. Robert might not be as tecnically perfect as Kent but he does his characters so much better.

Robert is getting the best of the night.

Lauren and Pasha- Melanie and tony- Christina A.-Not Myself tonight

Great choice of music. Sizzling dance. Pasha's partnering is divine.

Nigel says she's the best contemporary girl to do ballroom.

Cat claims the scissors that cut the buttons off Pasha's shirt are in her room. Nice shutting up of Nigel.

I kind of like the judges love-fest for the contestants tonight. At this point it is nice to have them just praise the good qualities of the dancers. Only Mandy Moore is having a bad night.

Meredith
08-12-2010, 03:56 AM
I thought Robert especially had a fabulous night - great choreography and wonderful music. I positively loved Cool with Kathryn, but absolutely adored his pillow Robert's "pillow" number with Lauren. (Why on earth doesn't Dee Caspery ever smile?) Robert and Mark? :cool: That smoked!

TygerLily
08-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Robert was my fave that first night and he was again tonight. It was great to see his development! (and ditto to Meredith) -- I fell in love with Alex and Billy in-between, but I have lots of love to go around.

pollyanna
08-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Lauren FTW. I have not gotten in even 1 vote for her - her line is always busy.

twinsmom
08-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Lauren FTW. I have not gotten in even 1 vote for her - her line is always busy.

I've voted for her at least 15 times and never gotten a busy signal. I think she's fab and don't want her to go out first of the finalists (I thought her being in the bottom 3 that time was totally bogus). Still think Kent will win but based on the lovefest and the pieces he got tonight, Robert could sneak in for 2nd. (Still voting for Lauren)

Holley Calmes
08-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Robert is so much more mature a performer than Kent...who is a little sweetie. I only saw the last half of tonight, but Robert looked like he came through in the homestretch. I totally expect him to be gone first tomorrow night. But then, I have to remind myself that the voting really doesn't have much to do with actual dancing (except where the opinions of my fellow FSU'ers are concerned.)