PDA

View Full Version : Flight Attendants Swears at Passenger over Loudspeaker...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

rfisher
08-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Unless the defense used one of their peremptory challenges to keep you off the panel. :shuffle: For some reason I wasn't deemed a likely sympathetic juror by the defense for an assault case. Just because I'm more than a little older than college age, doesn't mean that I haven't been around my share of bar room brawls (there usually is more than enough "guilt" to go around for all parties involved).

I don't think that this case will go to trial -- I think a plea bargain of some sort is more than likely.

I doubt it will go to trial either. I think he and the airline probably just want it to disappear. His problem will be getting another job. I wouldn't hire him for any job. This is one of those things that sounds funny, but I'm betting he's wishing he'd held his temper because the long term effects for him are more likely to be bad than good. Especially in today's job market.

kwanfan1818
08-13-2010, 05:07 PM
From today's "Washington Post":

Flying is a pain for everyone, so why does Steve Slater get to throw a tantrum (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/12/AR2010081204382.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR)

For what it's worth, I try to smile at kids coming up the aisle. At least their parents can worry about whether I'm a kidnapper or child molester instead of whether everyone on the plane hates them.

rfisher
08-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Apparently, he's asked JetBlue for his job back. :rofl:

genevieve
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
From today's "Washington Post":

Flying is a pain for everyone, so why does Steve Slater get to throw a tantrum (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/12/AR2010081204382.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR)

For what it's worth, I try to smile at kids coming up the aisle. At least their parents can worry about whether I'm a kidnapper or child molester instead of whether everyone on the plane hates them.

Eh, wasn't that impressed with her article. It wasn't really about Slater, but the way passengers with small kids are treated on planes.

Have you ever heard a rant about flying that didn't include a variation on the phrase "a kid was screaming the entire flight"?

Well, have you ever sat next to a freakishly geeky and lonely business dude who won't stop talking to you about the state of the sheets of his budget hotel rooms? Or the loud, foul- mouthed bachelorettes sucking down chardonnay in the row behind you en route to their girl getaway?

Give me the fussy baby any day.
Hmmmm, I've experienced a couple of over-talkative dudes and a handful of drunks on flights (never a bachelorette party though), but I'd say the percentage of flights with screaming babies and/or rambunctious toddlers who kick seat backs, crawl on the floor etc etc is much higher. I mean, families gotta fly, and being in a small confined space is even harder for kids than for adults. Of course they're going to fuss. Doesn't mean ALL kids fuss, but a lot of them do.

I also think the writer of the article might want to talk to an obese person if she wants to know about encountering :rolleyes: the second they step on the plane.

Fan123
08-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Apparently, he's asked JetBlue for his job back. :rofl:
I read that this morning too, rfisher. The guy has no shame.:lol:

deltask8er
08-13-2010, 07:10 PM
It's not JetBlue's week. This is happening today.

A JetBlue source tells us an unruly female passenger caused a ruckus on Flight 691. The flight attendants subdued her and the plane was diverted to Dulles International Airport in Virginia ... where it's scheduled to land in the next few minutes.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/13/jet-blue-unruly-passenger-flight-attendants-diverted-subdued-fbi/

-----------------

Sources are telling us investigators still have not identified the elusive female passenger who allegedly went off on Slater ... curious to say the least.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/13/steven-slater-jetblue-flight-attendant-investigation-port-authority-fake-story-mystery-woman-passenger/

ETA: In case this link hasn't been added :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTF01jkUzFI

Norlite
08-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Sources are telling us investigators still have not identified the elusive female passenger who allegedly went off on Slater ...

How is that even possible? This is a plane, not a bus. They know every person on that plane and where they were sitting. Surely Slater knew her seat number, if not her name since it's been reported they had trouble eariler in the flight as well.

orbitz
08-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I also think the writer of the article might want to talk to an obese person if she wants to know about encountering :rolleyes: the second they step on the plane.

Well unfortunately it's not unwarranted though, I'm sorry to say. I had a long flight from Amsterdam back to the U.S a few months ago. The lady sitting to the left of me was literally spilling over into my seat. I had to turn sideway and lean toward the right for the entire flight's duration. I take the scream kid or the chatter box, lonely geeky dude any day.

genevieve
08-13-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm not saying it's totally unwarranted - but neither is the :rolleyes: about kids on planes.

cruisin
08-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Maybe the airlines should address the issue of very overweight passengers. They could put a few wider seats in economy. I suppose they could charge a little more, though that would stink. I do not think it is fair to make an overweight person pay for two seats. My horizontal (bunk bed) airline would take care of that :D

Nmsis
08-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Flight attendant fighting with passengers ... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztrOt3OXym8&feature=player_embedded)

:D

cruisin
08-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Flight attendant fighting with passengers ... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztrOt3OXym8&feature=player_embedded)

Great link! She deserves a raise, not to be fired.

orbitz
08-14-2010, 03:59 PM
That's cute, but I'm sure there was one or two people in that group who wasn't happy to be in the middle of that pillow fight. "My Hair, My Hair :mad: ". :lol:

Anita18
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Unless the defense used one of their peremptory challenges to keep you off the panel. :shuffle: For some reason I wasn't deemed a likely sympathetic juror by the defense for an assault case. Just because I'm more than a little older than college age, doesn't mean that I haven't been around my share of bar room brawls (there usually is more than enough "guilt" to go around for all parties involved).

I don't think that this case will go to trial -- I think a plea bargain of some sort is more than likely.
Defense lawyers don't like scientists or engineers of any kind. We want to know everything, not just what the lawyers feel like telling us. I mentioned the first part during jury questioning and I'm pretty sure that's what got me off. :saint: That was the first thing my mom told me when I was recounting the experience, anyway. :lol:

But it's also arguable that we'd be the best at taking the evidence and constructing an actual story out of it. :lol:

I like the idea of juries, but considering that no juries today will have scientists, engineers, or anyone remotely involved in law enforcement, it puts a kink into the actual application of juries in the real world. :shuffle:

Karina1974
08-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Defense lawyers don't like scientists or engineers of any kind. We want to know everything, not just what the lawyers feel like telling us. I mentioned the first part during jury questioning and I'm pretty sure that's what got me off. :saint:

:D

My father is a (retired) mechanical engineer who worked in R&D for GE/Martin Marietta/Lockheed Martin for 45 years. he also has every issue of Scientific American since the mid-1950's. And has read every single one cover to cover. He was always getting summoned for jury duty, but I don't think he ever got to actually sit on a jury.