PDA

View Full Version : Flight Attendants Swears at Passenger over Loudspeaker...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Aceon6
08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I subscribe to the "one idiot" theory. There's one idiot in any public place whose job is to make everyone else miserable. "One idiots" get in the experienced traveler lane at security, yet don't have a clue what to do. "One idiots" are responsible for traffic backing up as they decide to fish for the magazine at the bottom of their carry on while others are trying to get by. "One idiots" overfill the airline bins and get ticked off if the flight attendant suggests gate checking. "One idiots" bring their perfect children on board and don't supervise them during the flight. "One idiots" get totally drunk at the airport because they're afraid of flying.

The biggest problem is when you get two or more idiots on a flight. Extra points if one of them is on the flight crew.

PDilemma
08-12-2010, 02:40 PM
All I know is that I really would have liked to have left my last job via an evacuation schute with a beer in my hand.

cruisin
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
EYS!!!

But not facing down :lol:

Each one alternating one facing up, the next facing down. Mmmmmm :cool:

Would the down facing ones have holes for faces like massage chairs?

I like Japanfan's idea about sedating the passengers who are nervous, etc. They should sedate unruly kids too.

Fan123
08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
OMG, you gotta love the Cantonese coverage of this story, especially with the dramatic sound effect and his shirtless lover crawling into bed with him. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBvakgglAPM&feature=player_embedded

flutzilla1
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
My one problem with this story is that he apparently told ALL the passengers to go %&^$# themselves. I can see his anger at the one passenger, as it was totally justified, but to say that to everyone on the plane? Then again I had a very bad experience on Air Tran with an awful female flight attendant a few years ago, whom I wrote to the airline about and got an 'oh well too bad' response back, so I guess I am not exactly an unbiased observer.

FigureSpins
08-12-2010, 03:59 PM
My one problem with this story is that he apparently told ALL the passengers to go %&^$# themselves. I can see his anger at the one passenger, as it was totally justified, but to say that to everyone on the plane? I haven't read anything that said he told off the entire plane. The reports I read said that he used the loudspeaker to curse out the one passenger, then bid everyone a good day before he ...ahem... left abruptly.

I may have been sleepy, but I thought I heard an early-morning radio news report that said the airline was going to bill the PASSENGER in question for the slide deployment.

This is an intriguing article: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/12/slater-calls-media-attention-a-bit-much/

His defenders include his mother, his ex-wife and his boyfriend.
To quote Seinfeld: not that there's anything wrong with that.

milanessa
08-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I may have been sleepy, but I thought I heard an early-morning radio news report that said the airline was going to bill the PASSENGER in question for the slide deployment.

I honest don't see how they can do that - they could sue but that's not the same as billing the pax.

PrincessLeppard
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
My one problem with this story is that he apparently told ALL the passengers to go %&^$# themselves. I can see his anger at the one passenger, as it was totally justified, but to say that to everyone on the plane?

I thought he said something like, "to the passenger who called me an MF, f**k you! i'm outta here."

Or similar.

:D

Oh, I got called a stupid American by a Lufthansa gate agent. (He was speaking German. I lived in Germany for seven years...) Lufthansa was all like, oh, sorry, Germans can be abrupt. Um, no, that wasn't the word I would have chosen....

flutzilla1
08-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I haven't read anything that said he told off the entire plane. The reports I read said that he used the loudspeaker to curse out the one passenger, then bid everyone a good day before he ...ahem... left abruptly.

I read it in the original ABC article posted at the start of the thread. It says "At that point, the flight attendant got on the loud speaker, told those aboard to "go f*** themselves," grabbed a beer from the galley, deployed the chute and ran into the terminal. His car was parked at an employee lot and he drove home."

Have they retracted or put out a new article correcting it? From what you say there seem to be conflicting accounts out there....

Norlite
08-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I read what PL read.

FigureSpins
08-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I honest don't see how they can do that - they could sue but that's not the same as billing the pax.
I probably didn't hear it right. It was very noisy in my house this morning at 6am.
It may have been the defense lawyer posturing that the guy is going to bill/sue the passenger. He had a soundbite in the same segment.

rfisher
08-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Apparently, the fame is getting to be annoying. (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2010/08/11/moos.not.easy.being.slater.cnn?hpt=C2)

The passenger was not charged with any crime. Being rude isn't a crime. Nor, do I think they are responsible for paying for the chute deployment costs. A professional flight attendant should know better than to do what he did. There really was no justification. Someone could have been killed. The word on the talk shows yesterday was that he most likely wouldn't get any prison time, but may get fined, as well he should. Everybody in any type of customer service deals with rude people. Patients are often down right nasty, but you don't do things that can cause harm because you're fed up with your job.

skatingfan5
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
I read what PL read.I also read something similar -- that Slater specifically singled out the one passenger in his own expletive laced farewell over the PA. Slater also claimed in his written statement when in custody that he had thanked all those who had shown respect during his career. Believe it or not, but nothing I have read has implied that his @#$%&@! was directed at everyone on the plane -- nor did the other passengers think so (self reports from some that they were surprised/shocked and then many started to giggle/laugh at his outburst). I know that it's really not a laughing matter (because his actions with the emergency chute could have caused injury), but I think that my reaction would have been to giggle a bit, too.

milanessa
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
It's also Mr. Slater's lawyer who is saying that he (Slater) ensured no one was on the ground where they could get hurt by the deploying slide. :rolleyes:

skatingfan5
08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
It's also Mr. Slater's lawyer who is saying that he (Slater) ensured no one was on the ground where they could get hurt by the deploying slide. :rolleyes:I wouldn't expect him to say anything to the contrary -- as Slater's attorney, he will try to make the best case possible for his client, given the circumstances and despite whatever others may believe or what Slater actually did or did not do.