PDA

View Full Version : Parents Lose Custody of Nazi-Named Children

overedge
08-10-2010, 05:43 AM
IIRC there was discussion here about this story when the kids were initially taken into state custody, after the dad tried to get a birthday cake made with the oldest child's name. It sounds like there was a bit more going on than just white supremacism...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-cannot-regain-custody-children-nazi-inspired/story?id=11334970

Jenna
08-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Good. No child should be raised in that kind of hateful environment. I remember how shocked and outraged I was when this story first surfaced. Hopefully these children can now enjoy a normal and well valued upbringing.

skateboy
08-10-2010, 06:42 AM
This is a disturbing story, the names being the least of it.

paskatefan
08-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Good. No child should be raised in that kind of hateful environment. I remember how shocked and outraged I was when this story first surfaced. Hopefully these children can now enjoy a normal and well valued upbringing.

This is a disturbing story, the names being the least of it.

I hope these kids end up being placed with a loving family. They will need major de-programming after being raised by such nutcase parents (unfit to be parents, if you ask me). This is beside the point, I'm sure, but I would hope and pray that the kids are renamed with no associations whatsoever to Nazi Germany.

Jot the Dot Dot
08-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Terrorist Carlos 'The Jackal' was one of three siblings named after Vladimir Lenin. If this American parent named his kids after Marx, Lenin or Stalin, and the state tried to intervene, who would you side with? Communism has killed 10s of millions more than Naziism did, yet people still do not afford it the denunciations it deserves. As for the state taking away the kids from their parent's custody, isn't that an attempt at fighting fascism by practicing it?

milanessa
08-11-2010, 02:40 PM
:huh: Weren't the children removed because of violence in the home? Their names make for a dramatic story but if it was an otherwise stable home environment I don't believe there'd be any basis for removal.

Matryeshka
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
. As for the state taking away the kids from their parent's custody, isn't that an attempt at fighting fascism by practicing it?

:huh: Did you actually read the article? Because if you did, I don't think you'd question state authorities taking action against a man who did things like:

One of his ex-wives testified that Heath Campbell disciplined their son so severely with a vacuum in his face that everytime she cleans house with the vacuum he screams "bloody murder"

The state has upheld the rights of parents who hold Nazi beliefs before--there was a custody case brought against that woman with the scary singing Nazi twins, and the courts ruled in her favor because the kids had a safe environment and all needs were being met. The father's views make for a salacious heading, but the reason behind the state taking the kids is because of fear for safety, not political leanings.

Rex
08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Terrorist Carlos 'The Jackal' was one of three siblings named after Vladimir Lenin. If this American parent named his kids after Marx, Lenin or Stalin, and the state tried to intervene, who would you side with? Communism has killed 10s of millions more than Naziism did, yet people still do not afford it the denunciations it deserves. As for the state taking away the kids from their parent's custody, isn't that an attempt at fighting fascism by practicing it?

Statistics, please.

Wyliefan
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Statistics, please.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Book-Communism-Crimes-Repression/dp/0674076087

genevieve
08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
One of his ex-wives testified that Heath Campbell disciplined their son so severely with a vacuum in his face that everytime she cleans house with the vacuum he screams "bloody murder."
:huh: I think if my son had been so terrorized with a vacuum I'd start using brooms to clean the floor (or at least only vacuum when he was out of the house).

The state has upheld the rights of parents who hold Nazi beliefs before--there was a custody case brought against that woman with the scary singing Nazi twins, and the courts ruled in her favor because the kids had a safe environment and all needs were being met.
Is that the mom of the singing duo Prussian Blue? :scream:

IceAlisa
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Statistics, please.

I don't have the statistics, but from the anecdotal standpoint, I certainly denunciate communism on par with Nazism. I would know.

The parents are obviously disturbed to say the least, and the names of the kids are far less disturbing than the alleged abuse. Poor things.