PDA

View Full Version : Baby formula in China causing babies to grow breasts

Pages : 1 [2]

Karina1974
08-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm Chinese and as stated above, I experienced late-normal puberty. By now everyone knows that Chinese dishes often utilize tofu, which is made of soy. ;) There's also soy milk which many Asians regularly drink (I personally never got into it) and soybeans etc etc.

AFAIK, Asians have not experienced unusually early puberty compared with other populations...

Asians also don't utilize soy as a substitute for meat dishes the way plenty of non-Asians do - tofurkey, meatless chicken/beef patties. It's a lot healthier to eat free range poultry and grass-fed beef than to eat the stuff sold in the "health food" section of the grocery store.

And everything I've ever read about soy states that Asia didn't not even eat soy until the fermentation process was developed. Also that it is used as a condiment only, not as the center focus of a meal like the above-mentioned examples.

Anita18
08-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Asians also don't utilize soy as a substitute for meat dishes the way plenty of non-Asians do - tofurkey, meatless chicken/beef patties. It's a lot healthier to eat free range poultry and grass-fed beef than to eat the stuff sold in the "health food" section of the grocery store.

And everything I've ever read about soy states that Asia didn't not even eat soy until the fermentation process was developed. Also that it is used as a condiment only, not as the center focus of a meal like the above-mentioned examples.
We certainly don't eat a TON of it everyday (it's silly to have a meat-centered diet, and it's also silly to simply substitute the meat with tofu), but it's certainly in a lot of things. My mom used to try and sneak it into dinners because I didn't really care for tofu by itself. :lol:

Also not sure if our family is representative of all Asian families, but we never had a "center focus" of any meal. Every dish was communal, so we ate what we chose to put on our plate. If my sister wanted a ton of tofu and no seafood, she could do that. :lol:

You have to ferment soy milk to get tofu, but you can also just drink the soy milk by itself. I'm not sure if drinking soy milk became popular after the invention of tofu but...anyway. Many people drink soy milk just as Americans would regular milk.

Soy lecithin is in EVERYTHING, though, as it's used as a filler. That's the kind of stuff I would try to avoid, not tofu. :lol: At least you can see how much tofu you've eaten.

topaz
08-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Not the same circumstance, but with some connection, another article about girls in the US developing breasts as young as 7. Basically saying that the age that girls reach puberty is getting younger.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/wellbeing/maturing-girls-grow-breasts-by-age-7-20100810-11y7r.html

The number amongst black girls are so much higher, no one can't tell its not the food and the diet.