PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

pennavenue
10-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Wow...I saw the Seau story briefly and thought it was a joke. Should have known better...

FSfan107
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM
My Packers finally beat Brett and Vikings!:cheer2:

Cheylana
10-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Very pleased with this weekend's results. My Redskins squeaked out a victory over the Chicago Bears. D'Angelo Hall was amazing with his four INT's! Donovan was... not quite as amazing but he got the job done. I guess it takes time to adjust to a new team's system, although he's never been that great in the red zone.

Meanwhile, G-Men get it done on the road again, this time against Dallas. Not exactly a Dallas fan, but I do feel bad about Romo getting hurt though, and potentially for the rest of the season at that.

Finally, I picked Ravens for my NFL suicide pool this week, so I'm very thankful the Ravens pulled a rabbit from a hat somehow! But goodness, they really were getting beat up by the Bills there :eek:

Hedwig
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Any news about the game in London?

BigB08822
10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
My Packers finally beat Brett and Vikings!:cheer2:

I read this as "My Peckers finally beat Brett and Vikings!" LOL! I guess all the talk about Brett and his sexting has me seeing things, things I don't want to see, haha!

FSfan107
11-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I read this as "My Peckers finally beat Brett and Vikings!" LOL! I guess all the talk about Brett and his sexting has me seeing things, things I don't want to see, haha!

LOL :lol:

Hedwig, the 49ers beat the Broncos at the game in London today. It didn't seem like this year's London game attracted as much attention as it has in the past.

Badams
11-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Buffalo...:wall: that's all

Cheylana
11-01-2010, 03:56 PM
As usual the Redskins lose to the dregs of the NFL, this time the Lions. And by 12 points. Ugh... just ugh. :rolleyes:

Truth be told, the Skins just aren't that great, at least not this year. Most of their wins this season were due to plain luck - Cowboys shot themselves in the foot, Vick got knocked out of the Eagles game, then Deangelo Hall bailed McNabb out by picking off Cutler 4 times last week. But then they consistently drop the ball against the NFL's worst, like the Rams and Lions. Had they won those games, they'd be at the top of the NFC East. But clearly they don't deserve to be. :( Well, at least they are still ahead of the Cowboys, speaking of which…

Can the NFL pundits puh-leaze stop asking what it would take for the Cowpokes to still make the playoffs? They are now 1-6; the Lions, Rams and even the 49ers have more wins. Stick a fork in 'em, they are sooo beyond done.

I picked Kansas City for my suicide NFL pool this week, so I was surprised and relieved that they somehow pulled a rabbit from a hat at the end of the game. That said, I genuinely felt bad for Buffalo... excruciating losses two weeks in a row.

Rob
11-01-2010, 04:31 PM
As usual the Redskins lose to the dregs of the NFL, this time the Lions. And by 12 points. Ugh... just ugh. :rolleyes:

Truth be told, the Skins just aren't that great, at least not this year. Most of their wins this season were due to plain luck - Cowboys shot themselves in the foot, Vick got knocked out of the Eagles game, then Deangelo Hall bailed McNabb out by picking off Cutler 4 times last week. But then they consistently drop the ball against the NFL's worst, like the Rams and Lions. Had they won those games, they'd be at the top of the NFC East. But clearly they don't deserve to be.

Ugh, ugh - they really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory this week. Penalties galore. I am resigned to the fact that the best we can ask is for them to be better than last year, which they are. We beat teams we shouldn't beat and lose to teams we should beat. And the line still isn't good at all.

Yehudi
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM

You think we'd be used to it. But I just wanted to cry yesterday

Beefcake
11-01-2010, 07:39 PM
:rofl: Vikings WAIVE Moss, 23 hours after his post-game tirade (nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/25612153)

Poor Minnesota fans! Such :drama: up there. I'd say that Moss' behavior, yesterday, "on" the field -- he didn't bother catching a surefire TD pass late in the game -- was just a bad as his demeanor and :rolleyes: comments afterward.

:watch: Who will go after this wonderful example of sportsmanship, next? Cincinnati is the usual suspect, but they've got their own prima donna receiver.

Yehudi
11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
:rofl: Vikings WAIVE Moss, 23 hours after his post-game tirade (nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/25612153)

Poor Minnesota fans! Such :drama: up there. I'd say that Moss' behavior, yesterday, "on" the field -- he didn't bother catching a surefire TD pass late in the game -- was just a bad as his demeanor and :rolleyes: comments afterward.

:watch: Who will go after this wonderful example of sportsmanship, next? Cincinnati is the usual suspect, but they've got their own prima donna receiver.

I think the Bills will be stupid enough to get him. Ralph is senile and :sekret: say a lot of the :huh: decisons in the last decade or so were due to him (i.e. getting rid of Bledsoe for J.P. Losman).

Cheylana
11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Loving the drama in this very weird NFL season!!!

I think the Bills will be stupid enough to get him. Ralph is senile and :sekret: say a lot of the :huh: decisons in the last decade or so were due to him (i.e. getting rid of Bledsoe for J.P. Losman).
Any team that is a non-contender would be really stupid to pick Randy up. He simply will not play for a team that has no chance to give him a SB ring. Actually, I think Randy really wants to go home to NE. But as I understand it, the other 31 teams would have dibs over the Pats at picking him up during the waiver period. I could see Dan Snyder being dumb enough to claim him for the Skins, but Randy would not get along with McNabb at all...

ETA because it's Dan Snyder, not Tom Snyder

milanessa
11-01-2010, 09:07 PM

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

We're well on our way to the record books.

Yehudi
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Loving the drama in this very weird NFL season!!!

Any team that is a non-contender would be really stupid to pick Randy up. He simply will not play for a team that has no chance to give him a SB ring.

Hence why I think the Bills will get him. Ralph really is that senile. I still can't believe he got rid of Bill Polian all those years ago.